Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Yay! Glad you loved the dewytree ginseng! & nice repurpose for the exfoliating wipes @itsfi I normally just try to use them up as fast as I can by cleaning off swatches

@sonnydee, thank you so much for sending the Dewytree ginseng mask my way; 🤗 it’s one of my favorite ginseng sheet masks. 💖

The exfoliating side is just too rough for my face; even my nose is like “no, no, no.” 😆 

RE: Empties

March/Mid April Empties! LOVES: batiste sweetie dry shampoo, purity face wash, lancer the method polish face scrub, belif the true cream moisturizing bomb, clinique take the day off balm, lanza healing colorcare color preserving shampoo and conditioner, kat von d tattoo liner. the unmentioned products were fine but nothing i would run out to restock!

Re: RE: Empties

Love Dr teals haven't tried the pink himalayan one yet. I've tried both the lavender & coconut ones. the coconut one being my favorite. also love the fresh lip sugar scrub. 

These are some great empties @karap03; nicely done! 🙂 belif moisturizing bomb is a favorite of mine! ❤️

End of March/early April trash

YTD 129

IMG_20200407_124023495.jpg

Spoiler
Baby Foot: every foot peel I've done in the past has taken around 3 weeks from start to finish for me, where this one got me sandal-ready in around 2 weeks. But, the overall results aren't really any better than any cheaper foot peel I've used, and 2 wks vs 3 wks doesn't bother me much, nor does it justify the $25 cost to me. I would absolutely use this one again, but don't see myself buying it again without a spectacular deal. 

Yuni Shower Sheet: perfectly lovely, does its job well. Will use again as they come in GWPs pretty frequently, but it's not something I'm looking to buy.

Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser: This is a scrubby, cream cleanser with a lovely citrusy scent. The scrubbing bits are small and fairly gentle, and I found them fine for daily use without irritation. However, something in this didn't agree with my skin, and I'd wake up to a few small red spots/bumps on my upper cheek/just under and around my eyes every time I used it. Used roughly half, the rest is a declutter.

StriVectin Multi-Action Blue Rescue Clay Renewal Mask: it's a white clay mask with little blue beads in it. To "activate" it, you're supposed to rub it around on your face until it turns blue. It feels gimmicky...I'm not sure the blue beads contain anything more than blue dye, and I haven't enjoyed rubbing in a clay mask since approximately 3.2 seconds after I got my first mask brush a few years back. I just applied with my silicone spatula and left it mostly white, and it was perfectly fine. It's an easy clay mask, it dries down, but it's not stiff or tight, and it rinses off relatively easily. It didn't dry me out, and did a decent job soaking up some excess oil. The scent is a bit strong...powdery citrus I think? One whiff would be ok, another would a bit overwhelming. It dissipated as the mask dried down though. All in all, this was OK, nothing outstanding, but not terrible. Would use again, but it would be low on the priority list.

Klorane Dry Shampoo (aerosol): I feel like Klorane isn't really trendy or hip or hot or even talked abut much, and maybe that has influenced how I've personally looked at the brand in the past, but this was an excellent dry shampoo. I know I've tried it before, and remember thinking it was "ok" but in the "just fine, but I like other stuff way better" sort of way. This time around? Pretty freaking outstanding. I think it has eclipsed Bumble as my fave 😮  Low scent, low white stuff, and really good at its job. 

Fizz & Bubble Shower Steamer (Citrus): this is the third Fizz & Bubble shower steamer I've tried, and the second disappointment. Next to no scent once wet. 

TonyMoly I'm Real Red Wine sheet mask: fine, I guess? I forgot to make notes, and it's been a couple of weeks.  

Exuviance Super Retinol Concentrate: I finally hunted out the retinol % on this one, and it's only 0.2%. It's a great formula for a retinol-newbie...it soaks in well, and has never interfered with anything else in my routine, but it's too weak for me...I generally like 1%+ formulas. 

Tula Purifying Face Cleanser: my favorite non-drugstore face wash. Does a great job of cleansing without stripping my face or leaving residue. The scent takes a little getting used to, but I love the wash enough that the scent doesn't bother me anymore.

Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm: just a basic staple

Bumble and bumble Don't Blow It Fine Hair Air Styler: love love love this stuff. Provides just enough frizz control for me without weighing my hair down or making it crunchy or making it oily. My hair certainly isn't "perfect" after using it, not salon smooth or anything like that, but that's not the look I'm going for either...this is a great easy-care, non-blowdry product that makes messy/tousled/bed head look better, if that makes sense. I keep trying other products, but never find anything I like more, and always keep some of this on hand. 

@RGbrown I love those shower sheets!

@RGbrown, the BabyFoot exfoliating peel is probably my favorite peel, but yeah, it's a splurge, even when I can find it on sale. 

I’ve been collecting my empties for a while. A lot of just ok products but these were my standouts: Viktor Rolf Sage Spell (love but full size is expensive!), Ole Henriksen Glow Cycle Serum, Clean Freak Dry Shampoo (klorane works a bit better but more expensive), Too Faced Born to Run Concealer, and Champagne Toast Body Wash (love the smell). Did not like the Tarte Knockout as it was too strong for me. The Sephora brand hair scrub left a residue at my roots. The Amika shampoo made my hair greasy. The Milani setting spray mister was horrible, maybe defective but did not like at all. The IGK sample dry shampoo left a horrible gray cast that was difficult to get out. The R&F moisturizer is great but pricey and there are cheaper alternatives.

You have some nice products here @danny2785. The watermelon version of MAC Fix+ smells really good! Tarte Knockout is one of the stronger acid treatments out there - I usually have to dilute the formula a bit using it. 

Empties

My March contribution to trash society. 42 in all. Not pictured but counted 3 sheet masks but loves Sephora watermelon after sun & my deardiary mexico,apieu melon icing. i dont know what happened to my Mexico & melon icing. but the Sephora is in my fridge. The leftover serum can give me another round. Forgot the Ulta candle, its a love but has a very strong scent. Rows: Top loves, Middle likes, Bottom no not for me. Samples are freshstrawberry cleanser. The sheet masks were all good, lone moisturizer Dr. R was a no, it was simply to rich for my oily skin..105 ytd

@sonnydee, fruity-scented candles seem to be the theme for the month at my house and that sparkling clementine sounds like it would fit right in.

it would @itsfi but the smell is STRONG. I had to blow it...

it would @itsfi but the smell is STRONG. I had to blow it out a couple of times 😜

Great job @sonnydee! I forgot I had some of those Ulta ca...

Great job @sonnydee! I forgot I had some of those Ulta candles in the basement. I'll have to get out my spring scents.

I do the same thing @Lazybeautybeast if I don't burn them...

I do the same thing @Lazybeautybeast if I don't burn them all up. 😜

@wels5711, nice work on your empties! The AmorePacific essence is one of my favorites. What did you think of the Neogen acne patches? I like quite a few items from the brand but haven't tried these dots yet.

RE: Re: RE: Empties

I liked them! But I am not loyal to one brand of pimple patches I normal stock up when there is a sale 😁

Re: RE: Re: RE: Empties

I hear ya on that @wels5711! The Peace Out acne dots are my favorites but they are on the spendy side so I'm a big fan of sales. There seems to be more brands carrying these acne patches - can't complain about that; more for us to choose from!

Empties

Okay...so the world is crazy right now (obviously). Today I finally got a break to get some things organized to post. I don't think I have posted any empties in 2020 so this are my empties for the first quarter of 2020. I have a ton of empties and a bunch of stuff that I found during my move that is SUPER old or has started to smell and needed to be tossed. I didn't go through all those Epsom salts, I just moved them to a bigger container. The other pictures are vacation empties. In addition to all of this stuff, gathered a Fabfitfun box full of products that I'm decluttering. My sister and the teens that live next door are excited to go through it.

@Lazybeautybeast  that's an epic collection of empties there! great work! 

testing