Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Shu Uemera has just fabulous products. I am absolutely in love with their cleansing oils. Those PTR dots are awesome, too. I just tried them a couple weeks ago with low expectations, and was very pleasantly surprised. I'm curious about the Malin + Goetz, now. Erno Laszlo has a bi-phase peel that I love, it's one of my faves, but I haven't tried anything else by Laszlo (no particular reason why not)... @Sansara Gald you found some loves!!❤️👍🏻 I haven't even opened the Grande lip plumper, lol. Not even interested at all. Still curious, though, hahaha, what didn't you like?IMG_2610.JPG

@ClassicallyFab Malin + Goetz making skincare for people with very sensitive skin, which works for me perfectly (they are suitable for people with eczema, rosacea, acne etc). Just simple good things (I love cleanser and vitamin e moisturizer).

I don`t like lip plumpers - I`m trying all of them, but they are the same. Sticky gloss with lip burning effect Smiley Sad Meh, no Smiley Sad

Here's all 43 of my monthly empties

5.17 empties.JPG

Loves...

5.17 loves.JPG

Spoiler
The Giorgio Armnai Eyes to Kill Excess is hands down the best mascara I have ever used. The Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream is my holy grail moisturizer (used it in the AM in the winter but had to switch to nighttime use only for summer as it is pretty thick for my more combo oily skin this time of year). Glamglow supermud is my go-to purifying mask. NARS Laguna bronzer is the perfect shade of bronze for my light to medium skintone. The Macademia hair mask is the best hydrating mask that replenishes my hair without it making it greasy. I can put it root to tip and my hair will be so so soft. The Lancer scrub is a new find. I really enjoyed this scrub - very finely abrasive and effective in exfoliation. I purchased the largest 8 oz size during the spring VIB sale.

Likes...

5.17 likes.JPG

Spoiler
Lush Don't Look At Me face mask was really nice. Only had enough for barely one use. I love the bright blue color it is and my skin felt really nice after it. The Patchology eye patches were nice as well. I did notice a difference although no long term results from it. I would definitely consider repurchasing these or look forward to sampling these again. The rest of the items were nice as well that I enjoyed. Not 100% sure I will repurchase them but I did enjoy using them while they lasted,

Just Okay/ Wouldn't repurchase...

5.17 soso.JPG

Spoiler
I love the BBW body creams but the scent Be  Joyful  was a bit too potent.  I was really unimpressed with the PTR cream. I received it in a Sephora PLAY box and was so excited to try it  due to all the great reviews ( I was planning on trying the full size). I am glad I waited and received this in my box. The consistency was just awful. It felt like the Smashbox Photo Finish primer that I hate (very silicone -y feeling).  The rest I just used up - didn't love them or really look forward to using them.

I detest that PTR cream. Ugh, used it once and it felt so heavy in a bad way, and gross. Couldn't wait to cleanse after. I've been curious about the Macadamia products. Nice to hear that you enjoy it. @karap03 Bath and Body Works has great candles! They last a long time, too!

Looks like you had a productive month!  Love the used up candles. I feel the same way about the Tatcha enzyme powder.  I want to love it because I love the brand and many of their other products, but I just don't know.  It's definitely not enough to be my sole source of exfoliation and I'm not sure how worth it it is to use in addition to other exfoliants.  Also just opened that PTR cream.  Not sure I like it, but generally I don't love gel creams.

IMG_0614.JPG

I thought I had more empties this month, but I guess I must have a lot of 'almost empties' still.  

Not a lot of winners, but eh, you win some, you lose some.

YESES:

Spoiler
Kevyn Murphy Angel Rinse - not sure how I managed to finish the shampoo in March before finishing the conditioner in April, but I did Smiley Very Happy It's a lovely conditioner that doesn't leave my hair feeling dry or heavy and works well with my treated hair.

Tata Harper Purifying Mask - this is the 3rd or 4th jar I've finished, so I think it's safe to say I love this stuff. 

Clarisonic Pedi disc - nothing much to report; I go through one of these every few months and they keep the soles of my feet in top form.

Consonant Skincare Hydrextreme - an absolutely worth it hydrating serum. I went through several foils' worth before purchasing a FS, but it's good stuff.

PMD green disc - not much to say here, either. I go through one of these every month.

MEHHHHHHH:

Spoiler
The Body Shop Raspberry Body Butter - it works fine but my husband says it smells like fruit punch and while I disagree, the scent is too strong for my taste

Skin Laundry Foaming Cleanser - I received this as gratis a few months ago and it's ok.  For a foaming cleanser without foaming ingredients it works just fine, but I don't love foamy cleansers, so I probably would not repurchase this.

Graydon Clinical Face Food Mineral Mist - this felt like it did absolutely nothing. Like I could've replaced the contents with plain water and it would've done just as much.  It's only in the meh rather than nope section because it didn't do anything wrong. 

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% Zinc 1% - I still haven't decided how I feel about it/whether I will repurchase.  I felt like while I was using it my skin was less oily throughout the day.  I'm testing a different Niacinamide now and will see how it compares over time.

Dry Bar Triple Sec - I was so conflicted about this. I almost bought a FS during the sale because I love the scent and I love the texture it gives my hair but I find this in no way works as a dry shampoo (it's a 3 in 1) I could only use this on first day hair to give texture/volume; once I use it on second day or beyond hair, it just makes me look too greasy Smiley Sad

The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin + HA - I'm still conflicted on whether I would repurchase this as well, but I'm leaning towards probably not. It not only lightened my hyperpigmentation spots, but it also lightened my skintone in general.

Royal Jelly sheet mask - just meh. Wasn't overly hydrating and didn't fit my face well.

NOPENOPENOPES:

Spoiler
Herbivore Blue Tansy - I hate this mask with a passion. Whenever I tried to use it, it felt like it was burning my face.  I resorted to using it on the soles of my feet to finish it up, and for that it was fantastic Smiley Very Happy

Tokyomilk Dark La Vie La Mort - from the notes I thought I would really like this but it was overly floral and way too strong. 

Aromatherapy Associates Support Equilibrium - how such a tiny vial of bath oil could smell SO BAD is beyond me but I had to scrub my tub with bleach several times to get the stench of this out. 

Hi@Mochapj, just wondering what do you like about the Hydrextreme? I tried two samples of it in hopes of the getting rid of my dry patches, but it didn't. I am kind of disappointed considering the price tag. But maybe I expected too much or too soon from a two-ingredients formula. Or I just simply use it wrong?

I highly recommend Drybar detox dry shampoo. I almost always wash my hair on a daily basis even though I have very long hair that takes forever to dry. This is the only one that make my second-day hair look and feel like first-day hair.

@Babypeachist with the Hydrextreme I found it worked well with my oily but often dehydrated skin to keep it feeling plump.

My understanding is it's a plant based version of hyaluronic acid, which is why it's only 2 ingredients.

I applied it to my face first after cleansing and then followed with my serum/oil. I found it was really helpful during the is it/isn't it spring we were having here where all the temperature shifts were making my skin feel super parched and dried out.

I think it works best in conjunction with other products, but I feel that is to be said with most skincare. 

As for the Drybar Detox, thank you for the recommendation.  I sprayed some of it on my hand to test the scent last time I was in store and I didn't love it as much as the scent of Triple Sec, but good to know it works well.  I was a wash every day girl but ever since I started doing more non-conventional hair colours, washing every day isn't feasible since it takes the dye out too fast.

March empties!

Loves

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 8.18.24 PM.png

Spoiler
Klorane Dry Shampoo - natural brunette tint
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Fresh Cut Split End Mender
Philosophy Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcake 3-in-1
Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara
Commodity Gold travel size fragrance
Shaveworks The Cool Fix
Dionis Verbena & Cream hand cream
Japonesque Radiance Primer
Ole Henriksen The Truth Serum
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
Bioderma Micellar Water
Hourglass Veil primer
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength peel
Stila Huge Lash mascara

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 8.18.37 PM.png

Spoiler
Rita Hazan Weekly Remedy hair mask
Alterna 10-in-1 CC Cream (x2)
Living Proof Timeless Pre-shampoo treatment
Chanel Blue Serum
Guerlain Abeille Royale night cream
Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb
Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-action
Urban Decay Perversion mascara
Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Peter Thomas Roth Anti-again Cleansing Gel
Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal face wipes
Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate shampoo
Klorane dry shampoo
Anthony Glycolic facial cleanser
Joico K-pak Color Therapy
Boscia White Charcoal Mattifying setting spray
Matrix Mega Sleek shampoo
Pink Sugar body mousse
L'Occitane shower oil
Boscia Purifying cleansing gel
Ole Henriksen PowerBright
StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
Sum Soap bar soap
GlamGlow GravityMud mask
Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black dry shampoo
Urban Decay B6 prep spray

Didn't Like

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 8.18.55 PM.png

Spoiler
Jack Black Grapefruit & Ginger lip balm - love Jack Black lip balms, and this one still works well, but the scent/flavor is way too much for me. I think it's personal preference - I don't like the flavor of grapefruit. Wouldn't use this one again in the future...
Jack Black Turbo Wash hair/body cleanser - I'm really ripping on Jack Black this month! Again, it's just the scent - really strong and smelled like Vick's Vaporub to me. I'm not a big fan of their heavy "masculine" scents.
Mirenesse iCurl mascara - gave a little bit of length, but really didn't add much of anything to my lashes, even after 3+ coats.

My total this month was 44 empties - a little short of my goal of 50 each month this year, but still not bad, especially considering that some of these were larger products. My year to date total is 114 empties - I've been loving the de-stashing that's been going on this year!

Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcake >> this sounds amazing. I can't tell if I want to smell it or eat it more.

And I really like your goal of hitting a specific number of empties per month. How cool!

It's gotta be one of my favorite Philosophy scents I've smelled! I can't find it anywhere to buy another bottle though...should have rationed it out a little more lol Smiley Sad And thanks! The # goal has been working well for me - I'm really motivated by things like that. My stash was getting so out of control, I told myself no more purchases unless I was able to clear out tons of what I already have!

I looked back through my calendar and between traveling, being at work overnights, and visiting with family/friends because they aren't super close I was away from home HALF of the nights in March.. My goal next month is to stay my behind at home and use things here! 53 empties for the month not including my de-stash.

Loves (37! most things, good month!)-

marchlove.jpg

Spoiler

-3x sephora collection foot masks

-tony moly brightening sheet mask

-tony moly luminating sheet mask

-tony moly lab vitamin C

-2x Farmacy deep moisture sheet masks

-when travel mate sheet mask

-3x tatcha camilla cleansing oil foils

-tatcha body butter foil

-tatcha body butter 

-pixi glow tonic to go

-l'occtaine almond lotion

-erborian yuza

-dr. gross alpha beta peel

-2x PTR un-wrinkle turbo line smoothing lotion

-caudalie premier cru eye cream

-diorshow mascara primer

-ABH brow gel

-diorshow mascara

-farmacy skin dew

-SR tidal

-SR good genes

-SR blue moon

-korres vanilla cinnamon gel

-beauty blender

-clarisionic body brush

-clarisonic face brush (not pictured)

-clarisonic foot brush (not pictured)

-orbie gold lust dry shampoo

-tatcha hand cream

-PTR unwrinkle night

-Tatcha gentle rice powder

Okay (12):

marchok.jpg

Spoiler

-LP PHD dry shampoo

-Kate sommerville wrinkle warrior: I actually really liked this product but the scent is too strong for my liking

-2x perricone eye cream

-farmacy eye cream

-sephora eye makeup remover wipes

-laneige water bank serum

-fresh soy cleanser

-orgins planscriptions eye cream

-boscia black cleansing gel

-caldera lotion: smelled great, not hydrating enough for winter. 

-tony moly my little pet eye patch

Nopes (4):

marchno.jpg

Spoiler

-Karuna hydrating mask: I'm not sensitive and reacted to this

-Nude oil: broke me out

-Body shop vitamin E night cream: clogged pores up, very heavy

-lancome mascara: not for me

yay for having so many Loves! Smiley Very Happy i'm super curious about SR Blue Moon and think I'll bite if a good promo comes around.. have been enjoying cleansing balms over my messy cleansing oils lately

i'm so surprised you reacted to the Karuna mask (onlyb ecause it's so popular). I have one in my stash and will be a little more cautiousl when i give it a shot @CC3616

@whitepolkydots I'm finishing up a FS at home too. I do really like it but at the price point I don't think I'll re-buy. Would maybe buy again on sale. Clinique take the day off balm is great  cheaper alternative. 

I was shocked that I reacted to it too because my skin is not sensitive at all. Karuna masks have never done much for me but that was the first reaction to them I've had..

My quarterly empties!

Full sizes:

IMG_2655.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Bath & Body Works shower gels - I haven't met a scent I don't love
Estee Lauder Sumptous Infinite mascara - Gives me tons of volume and enchances my length without getting spidery or clumpy
Maybelline Lots of Lashes mascara - I love the smaller brush. Easier to get to my bottom lashes.

Meh

Spoiler
B&B Mending Shampoo & Conditioner - Wasn't amazing for me. 
Dry Bar Happy Hour Shampoo & Conditioner - Light weight didn't weigh my hair down but didn't give me enough moisture when my hair was a little more dry. 
Up & Up cotton buds - Meh, cleaned my ears and cleaned up my mascara messes. 

Nopes

Spoiler
HEB brand cotton rounds - Fell apart, cotton strings tangled in my lashes. Nope nope nope.

IMG_2658.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Mac Fix+
Smashbox Primer Water
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Living Proof Restore Perfecting Spray
Benefit They're Real mascara
Benefit Roller Lash mascara
Mario Badescu Rose Water Spray
Carols Daughter Monoi Shampoo & Conditioner
Crest 3D White toothpaste

Meh

Spoiler
Ulta Beauty Makeup Removing Wipes
Algenist Pore Correcting Moisturizer
Sephora Eye Makeup Remover
Benefit Porefessional Primer
Dr Brandt Pore Dermabrasion 

Nopes

Spoiler
NoneSmiley Happy

IMG_2656.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Sephora Express eye makeup remover wipes
KVD Lock It makeup removing wipes

Meh

Spoiler
Milk Makeup removing wipes

Nopes

Spoiler
NoneSmiley Happy

i'm probably the only one who thinks this, but the drybar shampoo bottle is so cute. i was hoping you would like it so i could tell myself to get it too, but this is probably better for my low buy Smiley Tongue @StephaniLynn

i haven't tried the KVD wipes before, but i remember reading that the full size packs dry out quickly. FYI in case you were planning to buy the full pack!

@whitepolkydots I love the bottles. they are cute! I liked the shampoo and conditioner, some days it just wasn't enough moisture for my lightened hair. I think the Sake Bomb and Blonde Ale lines may be better suited for meSmiley Happy

I actually ordered a full size of the KVD wipes. Terrible! Dried out a couple days after I opened them. I've been adding my Garnier Micellar water in to moisten them just to use them up. I'll stick to these 2 towelette packages when I can get a hold of them.

here are my empties from our cabin in Whistler.  I like everything except the choosy lip masks.  I'm fairly confident at this point that they do nothing but shut me up for ten to fifteen minutes.  

I will be buying the skinn Iceland eye cream as I think I saw improvement in my undereyes while testing it out and I need to confirm this.

oh and I really really love the Sephora brush cleansing wipes.  I bought them from the sale section a while back and am sad that I will run out on my next trip. IMG_8261.JPG

@heartsmyface the sephora brush wipes are back in the sale section, in case you want to restock Smiley Happy

"I like everything except the choosy lip masks.  I'm fairly confident at this point that they do nothing but shut me up for ten to fifteen minutes."

LOLOLOLOL

Which hourglass powder is that @heartsmyface?

A very belated February empties:

fresh rose hydrating eye gel cream - full size (will repurchase - I've already bought it twice)

drybar detox dry shampoo - deluxe sample (I liked it, might buy a small size)

bite beauty agave lip mask - smashed - sample (like the lip mask, wouldn't buy the tinted ones though)

*I love how some of you went through dozens of products and I went through THREE. One of which was a sample. lol.

2 Replies