Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

March empties

For the most part I enjoyed using everything pictured except for the Boscia exfoliating peel gel. It has a watery consistency and really didn't do much for my skin. The Amore Pacific treatment cleansing foam worked well to remove makeup but has a very strong scent.

IMG_3232.JPG

Interesting on the Boscia.  I haven't tried that product yet.  I haven't enjoyed AmorePacific in the past for that exact reason.  It's just way too perfumed for me.

A very belated February empties:

fresh rose hydrating eye gel cream - full size (will repurchase - I've already bought it twice)

drybar detox dry shampoo - deluxe sample (I liked it, might buy a small size)

bite beauty agave lip mask - smashed - sample (like the lip mask, wouldn't buy the tinted ones though)

*I love how some of you went through dozens of products and I went through THREE. One of which was a sample. lol.

I feel like it varies for me by month.  Sometimes I happen to finish a lot of things at the same time (since most things take me well over a month to use) and other times there isn't much to share.  I think that's why I like using up foils/DS.  Easier to get through those quickly. 🙂

@LolliLove I agree, I feel like I use so much stuff and yet nothing is ever empty!

Feb EmptiesFeb 17 faves.jpg

Spoiler
Top row- Staple products I buy over and over again.
-Hand Chemistry lotion
-Nugg hydrating face mask
-Lush Honey Trap lip balm

2nd row-I liked these products and would purchase again.
-Yes to Coconut Ultra Hydrating Facial Souffle Moisturizer
-Yes to Coconut Ultra Hydrating Overnight Eye Balm
-Acure day cream
-Kate Somerville Goat Milk cleanser
-Sunday Riley Tidal

3rd row-I won't repurchase these products.
-Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Hydra-Gel eye patches (these felt nice but, there's not enough serum in the jar to keep them moist before the whole jar can be used)
-Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy Boosting face mask
(this makes my skin feel soft, but I don't think it's worth $62 for a jar)

Mmm I haven't tried that lip balm, though I do love all things lush.  Bummer to hear about your feelings about the Fresh mask.  I have a DS around I've been meaning to try.

February Empties!

I used up quite a bit this month - lots of full size and deluxe size 🙂

IMG_6726.JPG

Loves - definitely a repurchase

3.1.17 loves.jpg

Spoiler
I have combo skin and I love the Vibrancy foundation for winter! It is stunning on the skin. The two store-made samples from Sephora are Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H foundation 370W (a bit too dark and orange but love the formula) and Diorskin Forever Foundation in 010 (way too light but again I love the formula).

Likes - enjoyed using, would consider repurchasing

3.1.17 likes.jpg

Spoiler
Several of these are from the Sephora Play boxes (DE Lala Retro, Tarte Frxxton Stick, Cover Fx Illuminating Primer, Ouai Treatment Mask). It has been great trying products I probably wouldn't have purchased on my own.

Okay - wouldn't repurchase but didn't dislike the product

3.1.17 okay.jpg

Spoiler
Enjoyed the formula of the BBW lotion and hand soap but not a big fan of the scents. Also - the Juju bar from Drunk Elephant was interesting (but I'm not very into bar soap as facial cleansers).

Ohhhhh the satisfaction of empties!

Spoiler
3.1.17 pots.JPG

I love this thread!

Very impressive!  You made a huge dent this month and I especially find people's candle empties satisfying.  I don't think I've ever burned one down to the bottom.

I have no idea how I managed to use up 61 products this month!

All:

all.JPG

Loves:

loves.JPG

Spoiler

Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil -- I’m a huge fan of cleansing oils and I really loved this one. It felt softer than other oils I have tried, if that makes sense. I’ve been a long time fan of the Origins cleansing oil but I might change it up once I finish the bottle.

Givenchy Photo Perfexion Foundation -- This samples lasted 4 applications which gave me ample time to decide that I really liked this coverage.

Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue -- Got a rollerball from the Sephora Travel Fragrance Sampler kit, so I used up the rest of the little vial I had. One of my favorite scents.

Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara -- One of the best mascaras I have used in a long time. Doesn’t clump and it makes your lashes look so naturally full. Already repurchased.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara -- Another favorite mascara; already repurchased.

Julep Love Your Bare Face Hydrating Cleansing Oil -- This one also felt soft like the Tatcha oil.

Up & Up Skin Clearing Body Washing in Pink Grapefruit -- This is the only body wash (the the Neutrogena it’s a dupe of) that I can use to keep my back and shoulders clear and I’ve been using it for longer than I can remember. Already repurchased like 3 bottles during an Ulta sale.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Foundation in 3.5

likes.JPG

Spoiler

Bobby Brown Smoky Eyes Mascara -- I really liked this, but I don’t know if I would repurchases. Would definitely use future samples, tho.

Origins Make A Difference Plus+ Moisturizer -- I loved the smell and it felt very smooth on my skin. I have a ton of moisturizers right now, but I would consider purchasing this one.

Tarte Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen -- I liked this ok, but I think I want to try some cheaper drugstore brands before I repurchase this. Sunk into my skin nicely, didn’t have too strong of a smell.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer -- I liked this moisturizer, but I think it was a bit too light for winter.  I have too many different moisturizers I like more to consider repurchasing this one.

Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen -- Texture was nice, but I will try more drugstore options before purchasing this.

Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser in Brightener -- This was okay, good enough to use up. I repurchased in a different color to see if I like the coverage better.

It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream Transforming Moisturizing Super Cream -- This felt really thick and moisturizing for the winter. Since it’s getting warmer, tho, I probably won’t repurchase.

Tarte Tarteist Clay Paint Liner -- I liked it, worked very similar to another Tarte paint liner I have.

Too Faced Born This Way Concealer

Meh:

meh.JPG

Spoiler

Exuviance Intensive Eye Treatment Masque -- It felt nice on but I didn’t notice any difference, probably because it was just one use.

Nuface Prep-N-Glow -- It was a makeup remover towelette. No better or worse than any other I’ve tried. WNP.

La Fresh Waterproof Makeup Remover Cloth -- It was a makeup remover towelette. No better or worse than any other I’ve tried. WNP.

Ouai Treatment Mask -- It was fine; I prefer the Eva NYC hair mask, and you get a lot more product for less money. WNP.

Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask -- It was okay, I didn’t think it did anything special bove other mud/clay masks. I also found it a bit difficult to wash off. WNP.

Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Lift and Firm Hydra-Gel Eye Patches -- I didn’t notice any difference after using these, but thel felt nice on and it’s kinda cool that they are gold.

Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes

Benefit The Porefessional -- It was fine.

Caudalie Resveratrol Face Lifting Soft Cream -- The texture was nice, but I didn’t have enough to try it long enough to see how much of a face lifting difference it made. WNP.

Iles Formula Haute Performance Finishing Serum -- Didn’t seem to do much more than other hair serums I have used.

Tony Moly My Little Pet Eye Patch -- I didn’t notice any difference.

Tony Moly Foot Peeling Shoes -- Peeled my feet, but I still don’t feel like they were all that much softer. Didn’t do much for my heels. WNR.

Iles Formula Haute Performance Finishing Serum -- Didn’t do much. WNP.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer -- It was fine.

No:

no.JPG

Spoiler

Farmacy Honey Potion Hydration Mask -- I gave this one a few tries because it felt so nice to apply and massage in. It made my face burn too much when I washed it off, however. I always had to follow-up with a moisturizing mask which seemed silly to have to do after a hydration mask. WNP.

H2O Plus Elements Keep It Fresh Cleanser - I didn’t feel like it cleaned my face very well, and it definitely didn’t help remove my makeup. WNR.

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Anti-Aging Collagen Booster - I didn’t notice any difference after using this for about a month. WNP.

Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Face Wash - I hated everything about this. WNP.

Dior Diorshow Maximizer 3D Lash Primer -- It made some mascaras look better but some worse. All in all I didn’t love it. WNP.

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator -- The exfoliants felt very sharp and it actually hurt to rub this into my skin. WNP.

Chloe Eau de Parfum -- Too sweet smelling for me. WNP.

Colorscience Daily UV Protector -- The consistency was really thick which I didn’t care for. WNP.

Glamglow Glowstarter Illuminating Moisturizer -- I looked like I dumped my face in oil. WNP.

Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer -- Thicker than I would like. WNP.

Number 4™ L'eau de Mare Hydrating Shampoo -- This was the worst smell I have ever smelled in a hair product; like old cologne and moss and old man. WNP.

Number 4™ L'eau de Mare Hydrating Conditioner - See above. WNP.

Skin & Co Truffle Body Milk -- I didn’t care for the smell if this product. WNP.

Pur Big Look Mascara -- Awful. Clumpy, sticky, not volumizing or lengthening. Used twice and got rid of it. WNP.

AmorePacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ -- I think I’m just not a fan of the cushion foundation application process. WNP.

Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara -- Clumpy, makes my lashes look stringy, hated it. WNP.

Sunday Riley Martian MAttifying Melting Water-Gel Toner -- This didn’t reduce my oil at all. WNP.

Urban Decay Liquid Vice in Amulet -- Didn’t like the color on me. Would like to try other colors, tho.

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream in Natural Glow -- My oily face does not need any help looking shiny. WNP.

Shisheido White Lucent Power Brightening Mask -- Didn’t notice any brightening effects, and I feel very alone in this opinion, but I hate sheet masks. WNP.

Stila Got Inked Cushion Eye Liner in Smoky Quartz Ink -- I didn’t like the way it applied, seemed patchy. Also didn’t love the color. WNR.

NEST Black Tulip -- Nice but not for me. WNP.

Too Faced Lip Injection in Milkshake -- NO. OUCH. I also hated the color. WNP.

Pinrose Treehouse Royal - Similar notes to NEST Indigo but I didn’t like it as much. WNP.

Pinrose - Campfire Rebel -- At first I was shocked at how close it smelled to a campfire, but then I got tired of smelling like a campfire. WNP.

Perfekt All-in-one Insta-sun -- Left weird spots, and overall didn’t look any darker. WNP.

Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel -- Didn’t seem to do much exfoliating. WNP.

Pinrose Gilded Fox - Smelled like popcorn to me. WNP.

Pinrose Moonlight Gypsy -- Wasn’t for me. WNP.

Destash:

destash.JPG

Spoiler

Covergirl Concealer -- So this is about 15 years old, which is embarrassing and gross.

Tarte Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint (I think the color is Plum Berry) -- This mini came in a set, and when I opened the box the lid was wonky, which had dried out the lipstick and made it clumpy. I was bummed because I like the color and formula, but I still have another one to finish first.

Kenneth Cole White for Her -- I thought I liked this at first, but I found I never wore it because after 5 minutes the smell changed and became a bit more musky than I like.

Nutra Nail Bulletproof Strengthening Formula -- Left my nails sticky feeling -- it might have just been old, I’ve had it for a while.

Formula X Nail Polish in Vivacious -- It’s a nice color, but I’m more into flat grey colors rather than shiny.

Very impressive.  I also love the pattern in the background.

This is amazing, like looking at artwork! My favourite foundation of all time is that Givenchy one, but they do not sell it in Canada anymore, so if you like it get it while you still can, just in case! 

I want to try the Tatcha Oil now! Next time I'm in Sephora I am also asking for a sample of the Givenchy. lol

Loves-
Nurture me wipes- so disappointed these don't seem to be available any more,hoping they come back.
IMG_2320[1].JPG

February empties! Sorry if the pic is too dark..

IMG_0186.JPGLoves

Spoiler
Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Conditioner
Skin Laundry Wrinkle Release sheet mask
Too Cool For School Egg Cream sheet mask
Joyce K-pak Revitaluxe hair mask
Nutra Nail recovery cuticle serum
Burts Bees replenishing lip balm
DKNY Be Delicious
Giorgio Armani Waterproof Eyes to Kill

Spoiler
Cake Beauty Heavy Cream
Korres Body Butter Yoghurt
Tarte Quench Lip Rescue
Sephora Nose Strip

No hates this month

Yay, a month with no dislikes! That's impressive!  I love that Burt Bees lip balm - I've gone through several already this winter!

Those tcfs sheet masks are some of my favs!  It's a great month if you didn't disapprove of anything!  

Not too many this month! Very sad to finish up some of the L'Occitane items - their almond line smells SO good!

l’occitane gentle toner - ds

l’occitane almond shower oil - ds

l’occitane almond milk concentrate - ds

hourglass mineral veil primer - ds

bite beauty agave lip mask - original & champagne - s

guerlain meteorites baby glow sheer liquid foundation - s

tossed (because they flake like crazy throughout the day)

colourpop creme gel pencil - best o

colourpop creme gel pencil - workout

I am also in love with the l'occitane almond items - they smell so amazing!!  I keep buying the little samplers, but I need to just buy a full sized, since I love them so much! 

Same! I buy the sets, which are great, but I run out of the hand lotion (my FAVE) so fast....

I'm in love with their shower oil though I've never purposefully purchased it.

8,134 Replies
testing