Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

January empties

One of my goals for the month was to finish off things that were half empty in my skincare cupboard.

LOVES:

Spoiler
Shiseido Benefiance Eye Masks
A regular use item. Need to remember to use them more often.

Murad Hydro Dynamic Quenching Essence
A great hydrating serum. Already purchased the FS

Odacite Bl+C, Pa+G
Both serums I regularly repurchase.  Bl+C for acne, Pa+G for hyperpigmentation

REN Glycol Lactic Peel
Love this peel but I had gotten distracted by other peels and let it sit for a while.

Farmacy Eye Dew
On my fourth jar of this stuff. I <3 this so much!

PMD Microderm Sensitive Disc
I go through one of these or the 'normal' discs a month. Can't complain!

Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
The only version of TTO I've found that doesn't irritate my skin.

Skin Laundry Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask
Received as gratis, this was lovely and quite hydrating.  Still testing the rest, but will have a writeup of my thoughts soon.

MEH:

Spoiler
Dr Jart Watermax Sleeping Mask
Ok, but I didn't like the scent and sometimes it felt a bit too stuffy.

Kate Somerville Eradikate
Works fine but the product dries out quicker than I can use it.

Odacite CaR, Ac+R
Nothing wrong with either of these, but I'm not sure if I'd repurchase.

Alpha H Liquid Gold
Quite a strong peel, perhaps too strong for me.  The pad it came presoaked with was the oddest texture; it had little rubber nubs on one side.

Sunday Riley Flora
I used to love Flora; this was actually my second bottle but at some point last year my skin stopped absorbing it well and so it sat for some time. I used what was left on my décolleté and neck area.

Laura Mercier Infusion de Rose
It's a nice dry style oil but it isn't something I'd repurchase.   

NOPES:

Spoiler
Boscia Purifying Gel
All the nope.  Don't like anything about this.  Smells bad, so slimy.

NIOD Non Acid Acid Precursor
Every time I tried to use this it either gave me a rash or caused a cluster of irritation on my skin.  I finally gave up.

Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos
No matter how slowly I tried to incorporate this into my routine, I could never get to more than 2x/week usage.  It is too strong for my skin, so it took forever for me to finish.

So many nice skincare items in your bunch.  It's interesting that you noticed a different reaction to your Sunday Riley Flora.  That has only happened to me once with another product and shortly after it was recalled, guess they messed something up on the formula.

@Mochapj Did you find the texture of the Flora oil changed? The same exact thing happened to me and I'm trying to figure out why this went from amazing to meh all of a sudden?

@laynebr I feel like it may have changed between bottle 1 (finished this time last year) and bottle 2 (above)

Bottle 1 always felt like a dry oil and absorbed instantly.  Bottle 2 did not feel like a dry oil and so I'm not sure if this is because it may not have been fresh (it didn't smell rancid, just like roses and pomegranate) or whether they reformulated it.

It sucks because it used to be one of my favorites.

The exact same thing happened to me as well. I loved bottle 1 and repurchased. I never repurchase oils I was hoping I would finally find my HG oil but no Smiley Sad

This is two month's worth of empties because I kept forgetting to post my January ones.

January

The only thing I hated from this was the Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama makeup remover. I came out of the shower looking like a raccoon. Love the UD Naked Skin concealer and the hand and foot sheet masks. Everything else is likes and alrights

February loves

likes and alrights

hates

Well that answers my question about the happy feet.  I'll stick with the baby foot ones.  

I always buy the Baby foot from Amazon, but last time I used one about a month ago, I had no peeling.  I was really confused as to why it didnt work, I soaked, and left it on for an hour, and def needed the exfoliation...all the other times Ive used them, major peeling occurred.  I was super dissappointed, and now I wonder if I bought a bad batch or ???

Hmmmm, maybe it was expired or something?  Or you used it too soon after your last foot peel?  They've always peeled crazy amounts of skin for me.  I would've been crazy disappointed as well cause heck I wanna be a molting snake for that price!  

That was my first time using a foot peel. No peeling, just a little flaking at the heels. I've since bought the Tony Moly ones from Amazon. I plan on one package being in next month's empties.

My empties from February.

Loves (will repurchase)

Likes (not planning to purchase, but will use the sample).

No way (did not finish. In my personal top Oribe is most overrated product)

Sometimes I wonder if different products work differently for different body/hair chemistry.  Because I know Oribe works really well for me but also know that it's not for everyone.  I personally like that spray when I want to curl clean hair because it seems to add more grit to my hair for the iron to hold onto and the curls hold better.

Yes, we all are different Smiley Happy

When I use this Oribe, I look like I put whole bottle of hairspray on my head. The most annoying part that this Oribe is in all GWP bags.

I feel that way about bumble and bumble sea salt spray.  It came in everything for a while and made my hair look dirty, 

@heartsmyface, how interesting about b&b sea salt spray. That is a HG product for me. It's the only one I've found that gives nice volume & shine to my fine & sparse hair without making it crunchy & nasty.

I agree some products work differently on different people. x10 true for mascara.

Not too many this month! Very sad to finish up some of the L'Occitane items - their almond line smells SO good!

l’occitane gentle toner - ds

l’occitane almond shower oil - ds

l’occitane almond milk concentrate - ds

hourglass mineral veil primer - ds

bite beauty agave lip mask - original & champagne - s

guerlain meteorites baby glow sheer liquid foundation - s

tossed (because they flake like crazy throughout the day)

colourpop creme gel pencil - best o

colourpop creme gel pencil - workout

I'm in love with their shower oil though I've never purposefully purchased it.

I've only ever gotten it in sets. I missed out last time it was a 100 point perk, otherwise I would've gotten it then as well!

I am also in love with the l'occitane almond items - they smell so amazing!!  I keep buying the little samplers, but I need to just buy a full sized, since I love them so much! 

Highlighted

Same! I buy the sets, which are great, but I run out of the hand lotion (my FAVE) so fast....

This is my first empties post! Yay! Lol...I really made an effort to not throw away anything for some months so I could see everything I used up. This was really gratifying to see that I actually use up products instead of hoarding them like the product junkie I am! This is motivating me to next get through my hoard of samples and more foundations next time. Smiley Happy

Spoiler
Loves here are the Mac mineralize skinfinish, Becca under eye brightening corrector, Mac paint pot in groundwork, the Dr. Brandt no pores primer, the Tarte mascara, and the Hard candy eyebrow ink (but really hard to find  in stock at walmart). Also, I really love the Murad Invisiblur but that went pretty quick and it is really just too expensive. 

Spoiler

Most of these are holy grails for me. The Pixi Beauty makeup fixing spray I really love! I swear it makes any foundation I use look 10x more skin like. Also love my Mac fix plus mostly for spraying my foundation brush or sponge before using.

Other loves are the Philosophy Microdelivery exfoliating wash. The best for making my skin clear, soft and smooth. Love the Philosophy purity wash to remove my makeup. I switch between that and the DHC oil. Also love my Proactiv for any sudden breakouts or the Murad clarifying cleanser.

Great empties photos, thank you for sharing! Smiley Happy

I want to try that Pixi makeup fixing spray!

Thanks!! Must try the spray! =)

Congrats on your first post!!! I 100% agree.  I credit this thread with getting me to use more of what I have and reflect on whether or not I like it vs. blindly repurchasing.  It's really fun to see a few months worth!  Are all those Pixi products the same thing?

Thanks! Sorry i missed your post earlier...yes they are all the same Makeup Fixing spray <3 it!