Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Interesting!  I got it from saks so I would recommend trying it again.  I am pretty fair but it blends beautifully  

Anonymous Insider

was the shade 0 porcelain? It is the lightest shade they make.

I think I'm behind on posting, but here's a few recent empties:

image.jpeg

Loves:

Living Proof Flex Hairspray - already backed up

Clarins extra firming day and night

Radical serum - was free gwp from Saks!

Sephora konjac sponge 

ABH Brow wiz

l'artisan parfumeur noir exquis - so annoyed this sample be a,e empty in my purse after one use!

OH Truth Serum - I never really know if this is doing anything but seems nice enough

That is a really good sized GWP!  Glad to know that hairspray is good.  I have some I haven't opened yet.

I think the truth serum works.  It has lots of vitamin c which keeps dark spots at bay.  It just doesn't work in a noticeable way since the fading is gradual to begin with and then it's all upkeep from thereonin.  

Alright, I posted my empties while travelling but here is what I have at home for the last two months.  I have seen the empties with a twist thread and like the concept.  Since I'm on a no buy I think I'll play that game where items used up equal spending money on cosmetics.  Gotta clear it with the hubs first of course. 

Full sized = $2.00

deluxe= $0.50

foils=$$0.25

image.jpg

Loved- I have either already bought more of these products or plan to.  I forgot to add I am in love with the peppermint cream from Meganlisas site.  That should've gone in this pile,. image.jpg

Hated-

The tatcha camellia cleansing balm is so very greasy.  I had to force myself to get through the two samples. 

The nars audacious went all flakey on my cheeksInto the second week. .  It was good the first week though.  

The mj liner I didn't even get to use.  I opened it and the whole stick fell out on the floor.  

image.jpg

I like this game idea - I started it a few days ago, and I am up to 1 full size and 5 deluxe and foil sizes! I think I may add on a separate category for color cosmetic items like eyeshadow, blush, and lippies since those seem to take forever to use up…and price them at $4.00 🙂

Oh good idea for the pigmented products!    I doubt I'll finish more than one in the entire year, but it makes it more tempting to try;) 

That is a huge pile and a fun sounding game.

I play this game too!  Admittedly, I am well into the negative for 2015....so 2016 I am going to close that gap and use up allll of these things.  I am with you in spirit, hearts!

Yay! Are you on a no buy as well?   I just need to clear out some of it. Having a lot of luxury stuff doesn't feel so luxurious.  It just feels cluttered.  

My problem is that I always want to try EVERYTHING!!!  

I am going on very low buy for 2016.  I bought SO much this year - got married so justified it, and then post wedding had more fun money than I had during wedding planning, and blew way too much on cosmetics.  I feel like I have so much I won't even enjoy it now.  So I am going to just replace things after I "earn" them from empties this year.

Also Hearts, what did you think of the SR cleansing balm?  I have used it a few times and I swear it has changed my skin.  I have been dry and dehydrated and lately I am (almost) oily.  I love it!

Having two incomes is kinda a game changer as far as expendable income😉

i liked med what I tried but I don't think I had enough to get a really good feel for it.  It reminded me of the eve lom cleanser which I liked.   Right now I'm in love with the green shu uemura cleansing oil folliwed by ole henriksen red tea cleanser.  

Yes. Same. Oy.

Love the idea of the twist! So what's your total from this month?!

It's around 38.50 for the last two months. Not too shabby.   At this rate I'll be able to buy one nice item every four months.  (Edit-I'm not allowed with my jewellery challenge after all but I'm still going to save up cosmetic dollars for next november) This game will help keep me in line cause I will still be satisfying my need to accumulate something.  

You should give it a try - and feel free to change to numbers to suit your own goals.  

Nice!!

These are my empties over the last few months. 

IMG_3427.JPG

Loves:

Spoiler

Huggies Refreshing & Gentle - So gentle on skin and I love the cucumber & green tea scent.

Tony Moly Wine Mask - My first toe dip into TM sheet masks and I really like how it made my skin feel and look after.

Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet - HG Moisturizer.

Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner - Really loved this stuff pre-bleach.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation - I really like the finish. Purchased the full size. 

Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer - I like mixing this in with my foundation when I want a glowy look.

Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Mask - Love love love this after a mud mask. Thank you Jemly for that tip!

Josie Maran BearNaked Nail Wipes - Love how much polish the suckers take off! And they dont dry my cuticles out!

Carols Daughter Monoi Shampoo & Conditioner - Tried these post bleach, love after first use. Will definitely be purchasing full sized after I use up all my deluxe samples I have. 

Dove Advanced Care Cucumber Green Tea Deodorant/Antiperspirant - I have very sensitive underarms, really love this stuff. 

Benefit They're Real Mascara - Always finding myself going back to this. 

Benefit Stay Flawless Primer - Fills in my pores so nicely and it lasts and lasts!

Equate Makeup Remover Wipes - I love that there are so many in the pack and that they're so affordable. I also love that they stay very moist through out the whole pack instead of drying out towards the end. 

Kat Von D Unlock It Makeup Remover Wipes - Took these with me while traveling over Thanksgiving weekend. I really like these almost at much at the Equate ones. 

Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover - Always have this stuff on hand, doesn't sting my eyes, and does a great job removing all my eye makeup. 

Olay Fresh Outlasts White Strawberry & Mint Body Wash - Love the scent, makes me feel clean. 

Versace Bright Crystal - Always get complements when I wear this. 

IMG_3426.JPG

Okays:

Spoiler

Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof Hair Spray - Mehh, my hair still got frizzy:/

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion - I liked that it dried out my blemishes, I don't like that it kind of stained my skin...

NuMe Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner - Got this as a gwp when I bought my blow dryer. It's okay. 

Nexxus Pro-Mend Heat Protectant - Mehh, I found one I like way more. 

Lorac Porefection Primer - For this being a mattifying primer it was pretty greasy...

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream - This is nice, too heavy for my liking though. 

Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer - This was really nice, I still like my Caudalie a tiny bit better though. 

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation - Nice but again still love my Caudalie. 

Biore Nose Strip - This is fun to use, I don't like that it leaves behind pieces of the strip around my nose. 

Cleansing & Makeup Remover Towelette - We put these in the rooms at the hotel I work at and had to use it in a pinch, it gets the job done. 

IMG_3425.JPG

Nopes:

Spoiler

Speed Stick for Men - Had to use this in a pinch, nope nope nope. 

Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap Cleanser- This was like smearing molasses all over your face. Never again. 

Alterna Caviar Omega Nourishing Oil - this little thing leaked all over my hair products drawer so I didn't get a chance to use it:/

Great empties.  And Huggies with green tea cucumber scent?  Who knew baby wipes had gotten such sophisticated scents.  🙂

I've been lurking on this thread for a little bit, and started collecting my empties a few weeks ago. I don't have too many, but here are my November empties!

IMG_7362ed.jpg

Loves:

Spoiler

- Bite Beauty Agave lip mask samples ("Champagne", "Natural", "Smashed"). I already have a full size of the regular one but this was a really fabulous sample. I got 3-4 uses out of each pod, and I applied the product with a lip brush. The Smashed agave gave a nice tint, and the Champagne agave had a pretty shine. All felt amazing on my lips.

- L.A. Fresh Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover pad. My nails are thin and peeling, so I have recently stopped using acetone (and nail polish most of the time) and started using a nail strengthening system. But anyway, I used to think Acetone-free nail polish removers just sucked. But this one blew my socks off! One pad for all 10 nails (used the other one on my toes) and the polish was GONE.

Spoiler

- Dermablend Original Setting powder sample (accidentally grouped this with my Loves group). It was okay. I used it up.

- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye cream (deluxe sample). This wasn't bad, but it wasn't as thick as I like in a night-time eye cream. (Perhaps I have been spoiled by the expensive Fresh eye concentrate).

- Swisspers cotton swabs. Got these for free with cotton rounds that I bought in bulk from Costco. I mean, they're Q-tips. What can I say. I liked the cute leopard print.

Dislikes:

Spoiler
- Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Creme foil sample Uh this gave me an infection or allergic reaction or something? My eyelids hurt still and I didn't even use the cream on my eyelids.

Yay!  Glad we brought you out from lurking.  Thanks for sharing your detailed thoughts.  Now I'm curious about those Bite masks.

2 Replies
testing