I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
My empties of the month here:
What I loved and will consider repurchase:
Tarte Amazonian clay loose powder
Diorshow Mascara (already have a back up)
Escada Escada perfume
Yves Rocher body washes. Love them, use them all the time
BBW Apricot Vanilla body lotion. I'd love to buy more, but they discontinued this flavor
Organic shop Mango and sugar body scrub. LOVED it! Next time I'm in Russia, I'm stocking up!
Loccitan hand lotion
What I liked, maybe purchase:
MUFE eye makeup remover
Ren anti-aging cream
Laura Mercier eye serum
Laura Mercier mascara
Too faced mascara
Nars eye primer
Origins GinZing moisturizer
Kate Somerville night cream
What I didn't like, won't purchase:
Stri-Vectin Vitamin C serum
Naobay facial moisturizer
MY mattifying moisturizer
Murad Age diffusing firming mask
Boscia BB cream
A body wash from Glossybox (it smells horrible to me)
Vichy cream - was way too greasy for me
Georgio Armany eye serum
Everything from Mario Badescu
Benefit eye cream
Aveda hair treatment
Murai body lotion (I think it gave me an allergy rush)
Yves Rocher Spa vegetal scrub
Pacifica Body lotion
Novex keratin treatment
A candle (don't know where it came from )
Loved/Will Consider Repurchasing
Sunday Riley Good Genes - Stung a bit the first time I put it on, but then made my skin glow overnight and didn't hurt after that.
Origins Plantscription. Repurchased after receiving this sample. Very moisturizing!
Fresh Sugar. This one was in Rose. I prefer Petal.
Ole Truth Serum. I hand picked this for my skin's needs (anti-aging, brightening, oil-free), and it hasn't let me down.
Smashbox CC Cream - one of my faves
Aveda Pure Abundance Conditioner - gives great volume
Lush I love Juicy - I have very oily hair, but this was too drying for wintertime. Plan to use for summer
Bare Minerals Prime Time primer - will be comparing this to my Too Faced primer soon.
Bath&Body Works Stress Relief Scrub. I love the scent, but there wasn't much special for this scrub.
Perricone Photo Plasma - need to try it more
Porefessional - could only try it once
Hourglass primer - need to try more.
Ole Express the truth. Very rich, so might not be good for my oily skin on a daily basis, but would be good for an occasional intense treatment.
Burt's Bees body oil - smelled like lemon pledge and later I realized I can get a 16oz Booth body oil for less.
Origins Energizing Moisturizer (orange packet)
That gal - brightened, but didn't seem to keep my foundation on.
Sephora smoothing primer. Foundation didn't last even a few hours.
Mario Badescu whitening mask. Yuck. Didn't seem effective and was difficult to remove.
Stila CC cream- greasy, wore off, felt wet.
Ok, I know it's late, but better late than never, right?
My March empties:
SG dry shampoo – throwing away almost full, it just made my hair look even dirtier than before using it.
Shiseido white lucent cleanser – was very nice
Yves Rocher anti-aggression mask – meh, didn’t do anything to me (maybe I wasn’t aggressive enough? )
MOR black currant body mouse – I loved it! Too bad I can’t find it anywhere now.
Kiehl’s cleansing masque – Love a lot, already repurchased.
BBW black currant body scrub – I guess it was Ok, nothing special.
Kate Somerville exfolikate peeling – the love of my life this is the second tube I finished.
Nars primer – I think it was nice, but I’m not a big expert on primers
Oscar Blandi dry shampoo – nothing special, but it does the job
Glamglow – Amazing! But I don’t think I’ll be buying it full size because of the price
Korres sleeping mask – I didn’t like it, left my face sticky till morning.
Yu Be moisturizing cream – not going to repurchase. It was super rich and smelly
Murad time release retinol – did not like it. It did nothing to my lines.
La mer serum and cream – I’m in love! But again, price is too high for a full size.
3 candles. Tocca was super nice, I loved it a lot!
A chocolate vanilla body cream from one of subscription boxes – wasn’t a big fan, not going to look for it to repurchase.
Korres sleeping mask here again – still not liking it
L’occitan milk concentrate – Oh, it smells like heaven! I love it a lot, but not repurchasing yet.
And a couple of pre-made samples
And some other samples, and I actually like everything there
I throw out all my empties but I've used up and replaced a bottle of Boscia Tsubaki Oil, Murad Oil Control Mattifier SPF 15, Wen cleansing conditioner, Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless 12 Hr Perfecting Primer and Lancôme Maquicomplet Concealer, Solid Sponge Cleanser (I use it to clean my brushes), UD Deslick Mattifying powder and Deslick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray. Probably many more, too, but these come to mind.
My Empties for May, 2014:
- Boscia: Self Defense Moisture (sample)
- Bumble & Bumble: Surf Cream Rise (Sample) x2
- Bumble & Bumble: Surf Cream Shampoo (Sample) x2
- Chloé: Chloé Eau de Parfum (sample)
- Coach: Signature Perfume (Mini)
- Dolce & Gabbana- dolce (sample card)
- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (Sample)
- Dr. Teals Epsom Salt Soak, Lavender (full-size)
- Elizabeth & James nirvana black for her perfume spay (sample)
- E.L.F.: makeup remover pen (Full-size)
- Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment (Mini)
- fresh: black tea eye cream (sample)
- Gucci: Guilty Perfume (Sample)
- Gucci: Premiere Perfume Spray (sample)
- Juicy Couture: Juicy Couture Perfume spray (sample)
- Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturizer (Sample)
- Kat Von D: Unlock it makeup remover wipes (sample)
- Kat Von D: Sexer Lighting Lip gloss (discontinued) (full-size)
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Conditioner (Sample)
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample)
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day: 5-in-1 Styling Treatment (Sample)
- L'OCCITANE: hand cream (mini)
- L'Occitane: Body Cream Ultra Rich (sample)
- L'Occitane: Milk Concentrate (Sample)
- Lush: Bohemian Bar Soap (full-size)
- Marc Jacobs: Daisy perfume spray (Sample)
- Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo (Full-size)
- NYX - Retractable Lip Liner, Nutmeg (full-size)
- Ole Henriksen: Express the Truth creme, with red tea (Sample)
- Olivia Care Natural Olive Oil Mandarin Bath Soap (Full-size)
- Organix: Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo (full-Size)
- Origins: Incredible Spreadable Ginger Scrub (sample)
- Sephora Collection: Green Tea Body Wash Capsule (mini)
- Softsoap: Body Butter coconut scrub body buff wash (Full Size)
- Tory Burch - Tory Burch Perfume Spray (Sample)
- Viktor & Rolf - Flowerbomb (sample)
my June, 2014 empties will be updating as things are emptied until the month end then will start a new post for next month, repeat so on and so forth.
- Burt's Bee's: facial cleansing towelettes with white tea extract (mini)
- Burt's Bees Intense hydration cream cleanser with clary sage
- Dior: Addict Perfume Spray (Sample)
- Dior: Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet (sample Card)
- Elizabeth & James Nirvana White, For Her Perfume Spray (Sample)
- First Aid Beauty: Skin Rescue Purifying Mask with red clay (sample)
- Fresh: rose face mask (deluxe Sample)
- Love and Beauty: green tea Cleansing wipes
- Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo (full-size)
Ever since I started reading these posts last week I started getting empties like crazy! (Or I just always did and I never noticed.) It IS annoying to run out of expensive stuff all at the same time though.
I was going to wait until the end of the month to post them all at once but I'm strangely excited to start posting them already? Haha. I'll probably take pictures tomorrow.
I've already repurchased all four bottles since these are all staples for me. I've raved about Nonie of Beverly Hills Moisturizer and Body Lotion in other threads - I just love it.
The Algenist gel moisturizer sample was OK, but nothing I felt compelled to buy.
boscia Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil - works great to remove makeup, I use it as a first cleanse when I wear makeup
boscia Black Mask - I love peeling it off, my skin looks better after using and it nips any blemishes in the bud
Every Strand Argan Hair Mask - love it! Easy to use, already repurchased the bigger size, my hair is so soft after using this
Skintimate Shave Cream - keeps my legs moisturized
L'Oreal Sulfate Free Shampoo - my HG
RL #4 - Love it for summer
Clinique Dramatically Different Gel - one of the only moisturizers that does not break me out
Caress body wash - smells good, but there are others I like more
Aveda Dry Remedy - works pretty well, not a huge fan of the smell
Degree - works ok, I like Secret better, but they didn't have my normal one so I picked this up
Not a fan
Sport Sunscreen - eh, didn't last very long for a sport sunscreen, also not a huge fan of spray sunscreens
John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner - did nothing for my hair
boscia White Mask - made my skin worse
FAB Facial Polish - ok, but nothing special, I like others more
Neutrogena sport face sunscreen - super oily, pretty much every time I used it I had a new blemish or two
Ladies I missed BT sooo much! Now that summer is over and I've been accumulating empties for 2 months I can't wait to finally throw everything in the trash after I post my pic None of my friends seem to understand why I have a bag full of empties collecting dust lol
I've been lurking here for a bit and I just want to say how much fun it is to see everyone's empties. I like how you guys review it all. It is encouraging me to finish up my products and save my empties.
September was fairly successful for me! I don't keep track of any foils I use, so those aren't included.
Will buy again:
- Barefoot Venus Vanilla Shake bath soak - loooooove this! It smells amazing and my skin is so soft. I just wish there was more product in a tin!
- Hourglass Veil Primer - I really do like this primer. Nice and light.
- I always buy more B&BW hand sanitizer. I liked this pineapple scent!
- Stila CC - the colour is a tad too dark for me, and I'm a little too oily for this at times but it blends so well and has good coverage.
- GlamGlow Supermud - I like this but not sure I love it.
- Caudalie cleansing water - I'm not sure how I feel about cleansing waters in general. I might come back to this one day, but I'm just not sure yet...
- UD All-Nighter spray - This is decent but I'm not sure it's amazing.
Everything else is a "never again"!
I don't really have much to photograph, but I have TONS of empties. For one, I have my Lights, Camera, Splashes mascara from Tarte (I love it!), I also have the Neutrogena face cleansers, in both hydrating and foaming. Along with that, my Neutrogena blackhead eliminating daily scrub, same with my Nivea Lip Butter, Smith's Minted Rose lip balm, and Smith's Rosebud salve.
Herbal Essence Body Wash - Rose
Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover
GlamGlow Youth Mud
Joico K Pak Hair Mask
UD Deslick Setting Spray
Smashbox Photofinish Blemish Control Primer
MUFE HD Primer
Not Your Mother's Way To Grow Shampoo
Not Your Mother's Way To Grow Conditioner
Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara
LUSH Mask Of Magnaminty
Korres Mattifying Treatment
Michael Todd Organic Lemon Toner
Will Not Be Repurchasing:
UD Pore Perfecting Primer
Touch in Sol Feel like Honey moon Skin Base
Hempz Coconut & Watermelon Body Wash
ELF Makeup Removing Wipes
ELF Exfoliating Makeup Removing Wipes
Garnier Skin Renew 5 Second Blur
Well, I think I finally figured out how to get iPod photos into BT-
I checked my Mascara stash and these are either empty or expired, and I finished Lancome Renergie Volumetry Night (meh) and Olay Regenerist Eye and Lash Serum (did nothing).
Mascaras are 2 BLINC (Fairy Drops Scandal Queen works better), Smashbox Bionic (flakes), Rimmel Sexy Curves (bought while travelling, was ok as an emergency mascara, but not my fave), UD Lush Lash Mascara (flakes/racoon eyes rather soon after application).
Boring, I know, but I finished an entire bottle of the Tresseme Smooth and Silky Shampoo and Conditioner! I never commit to just one shampoo and conditioner but I already have a new set of this in my shower - its awesome!
Trip Empties (the ones I, my husband or the GRA did not toss anyway)
Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Oil Mist
Givenchy Le Rouge (loved the formula even though I did not like the color, Manderine Bolero)
Armani liquid foundation (color was wrong, but it felt great on)
Bare Minerals Liquid foundation (even the color was a perfect match)
H2o+ Spa Shampoo
Key West Lotion
Ulta Nail polish remover wipe
H2o+ Spa Conditioner
Shine body soap
H2o+ body soap
H2o+ face soap (used for hands only)
Not for Me
Shine body lotion (too thin for winter, probably summer as well)