I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Loved/Will Consider Repurchasing
Sunday Riley Good Genes - Stung a bit the first time I put it on, but then made my skin glow overnight and didn't hurt after that.
Origins Plantscription. Repurchased after receiving this sample. Very moisturizing!
Fresh Sugar. This one was in Rose. I prefer Petal.
Ole Truth Serum. I hand picked this for my skin's needs (anti-aging, brightening, oil-free), and it hasn't let me down.
Smashbox CC Cream - one of my faves
Aveda Pure Abundance Conditioner - gives great volume
Lush I love Juicy - I have very oily hair, but this was too drying for wintertime. Plan to use for summer
Bare Minerals Prime Time primer - will be comparing this to my Too Faced primer soon.
Bath&Body Works Stress Relief Scrub. I love the scent, but there wasn't much special for this scrub.
Perricone Photo Plasma - need to try it more
Porefessional - could only try it once
Hourglass primer - need to try more.
Ole Express the truth. Very rich, so might not be good for my oily skin on a daily basis, but would be good for an occasional intense treatment.
Burt's Bees body oil - smelled like lemon pledge and later I realized I can get a 16oz Booth body oil for less.
Origins Energizing Moisturizer (orange packet)
That gal - brightened, but didn't seem to keep my foundation on.
Sephora smoothing primer. Foundation didn't last even a few hours.
Mario Badescu whitening mask. Yuck. Didn't seem effective and was difficult to remove.
Stila CC cream- greasy, wore off, felt wet.
My empties of the month here:
What I loved and will consider repurchase:
Tarte Amazonian clay loose powder
Diorshow Mascara (already have a back up)
Escada Escada perfume
Yves Rocher body washes. Love them, use them all the time
BBW Apricot Vanilla body lotion. I'd love to buy more, but they discontinued this flavor
Organic shop Mango and sugar body scrub. LOVED it! Next time I'm in Russia, I'm stocking up!
Loccitan hand lotion
What I liked, maybe purchase:
MUFE eye makeup remover
Ren anti-aging cream
Laura Mercier eye serum
Laura Mercier mascara
Too faced mascara
Nars eye primer
Origins GinZing moisturizer
Kate Somerville night cream
What I didn't like, won't purchase:
Stri-Vectin Vitamin C serum
Naobay facial moisturizer
MY mattifying moisturizer
Murad Age diffusing firming mask
Boscia BB cream
A body wash from Glossybox (it smells horrible to me)
Vichy cream - was way too greasy for me
Georgio Armany eye serum
Everything from Mario Badescu
Benefit eye cream
Aveda hair treatment
Murai body lotion (I think it gave me an allergy rush)
Yves Rocher Spa vegetal scrub
Pacifica Body lotion
Novex keratin treatment
A candle (don't know where it came from )
I don't think I could commit to doing monthly empties. Maybe a quarterly or bimonthly empties post! Good on you guys for using up all this stuff!!! I feel like the only thing I go through a lot is body care stuff, everything else takes forever...
I love this thread! Also trying to do empties with a twist to figure out my chic week budget! I'me going to have to do LOTS better in February , March and April!
Soap &glory butter yourself- I love this and will buy it again! This was my 3rd jar.
Bonacure moisture kick- it was ok for light moisture but not really right for my hair. Would be great for someone with fine hair!
L'occitane Amande supple skin oil- I wanted to love this but I wasn't impressed at all. Shame because I love the shower oil!
Listerine whitening rinse- this stuff was a joke.
maybelline full & soft mascara- my HG for 17 years. Keep back ups on hand!
Caudalie divine oil sample- meh. Not inspired to go out and buy it.
Korres wild rose setting powder- this is my second pot of this and I bought all I could get my mitts on when I heard Korres color is going away.
Go Smile Speed whitening kit- AWESOME! Would definitely purchase again!
Hooray for Empties Challenges I think this is the most I've used up in a month!
Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
GlamGlow Tinglexfoliate Mask (black)
Maybelline Fresh Express Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Shower Gel
Benefit Total Moisture - this one surprised me. I really was expecting to hate it but it was so thick and moisturizing and smelled amaaazing. My sensitive skin loved it.
B&BW 3-wick Candle: Sparkling Icicles - can not get enough of this scent. so sad it's gone.
HATED: (stay away from these!)
Bumble & Bumble Invisible Oil - this oil just weighed my hair down no matter how little I used. moroccan oil is so much better.
Simple Exfoliating Wipes - oh these were awful. I hatedddd them. The regular ones are great and I will only be buying those from now on.
B&BW Mason Jar Candles - these didn't have any fragrance. You could barely smell them when they were lit! Waste of money. Skip these and go for the 3-wick candles.
Everything else was in between. Just meh. So happy to finally throw these away!
Not as many empties for December!
KGD Spa Cleansing Water Wipe
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo- best clarifying shampoo I've found
Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Acne Treatment Pads
B&B Surf Foam Wash/Cream Rinse Shampoo/Conditioner
Simple Cleansing Wipes
FAB Ultra Repair Cream
Vasanti Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvinator (exfoliant)
Ulta Cotton Pads
Aubrey Moisturizer with Aloe & Sea Aster
Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive- didn't do anything?
Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector- not sure this worked either
Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel
Ren Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk
Urban Decay Primer Potion- so happy to use this up!!
Lancome Energie De Vie- not enough product to form an opinion; I have a 100pt perk of this I plan on using soon!
Thermasilk Weightless Frizz Fighter- this doesn't work. Period.
Paula's Choice Anti-Redness Exfoliating Serum- greasy, smells bad, made my skin feel tight
Paula's Choice Hydralight Moisture Infusion Lotion- smells TERRIBLE
Better late then never. Here are my...well, might as well call them December empties. Hey! That means I am early!
- BBW body mist in velvet tuberose - not a huge rose fan, but this was subtle, got this as a gift, will not purchase
- Vaseline spray & go in aloe fresh - for someone who will not wear moisturizer, this is a must, it dries so fast there is no excuse, I have already purchased another, I am trying the cocoa radiant
- Yes to blueberries facial towelettes - great smell -lemony, did not notice any anti-aging benefits, was afraid to use near eyes, will not repurchase
- Yes to cucumbers facial towelettes - so far, my go to but I am currently testing out a couple others
- Uniq one all in one shampoo balm - great concept but my hair did not like it
- Oscar Blandi volumizing dry shampoo - I have had this for so long! I am not a dry shampoo user, smelled nice, I have others to use, may repurchase
- Sephora bronzer powder in archipel - not empty, it was a product that got tucked into a corner and then got forgotten, but I did hit major pan, time to toss
- Secret invisible solid in spring breeze - I like the solids over other formulas, the scent was okay, will repurchase the same brand different scents
- Pangea Organics - old product past its prime, when I first got it I loved it, I think the change of seasons affected its effectiveness for my skin
- TF shadow insurance - the first eye primer I have ever tried, it is great but I have found others that will work for me at a less cost
- Covergirl clear mascara - keeps the brows in place, my go-to
- Sephora full action mascara - liked that it made my lashes look longer but naturally, dried out a little fast, on the fence with this one
- Ultraflesh (?) mascara - have had it for a long time so maybe it dried out before I got to really experience it for what it really was, not really going to search for it to see if my hypothesis is correct
I am late with my empties this month! Too many work days in a row... but now I have a week of freedom!
3 candles- getting closer to clearing out my massive candle stash before moving... Lemon Gelato, Lemon Meringue, and Toffee
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo- have used for a long time, might eventually repurchase, but I have lots to use up...
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment- pretty dang good, might repurchase
B&BW Rio Rumberry Shower Gel
Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask- this is a repurchase, have another in my stash
Jessica Simpson Fancy Perfume- HOLY CRIKEY A FULL SIZED PERFUME. Was very excited about this; have another of this in stash that I received as a gift. Regardless, I'll be celebrating this empty with purchasing Gucci Glamorous Magnolia and possibly a Tocca trio
Korres Pomegranate Wipes- love these! Especially since they were $3 at TJ Maxx... will be stocking up if I see them in the future.
MUFE Pro Finish Powder Foundation- already purchased in Pink Beige for contouring
Paula's Choice Hydralight Tonerx3
FAB Ultra Repair Cream- liked!
REN Glycol Lactic Mask- purchased full size, using up minis first
Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration- really liked! Smell isn't the greatest, but it fades fast. Have another identical size of this to use eventually.
Ulta Exfoliating Cotton Rounds
AmorePacific Future Response Cream- think this caused breakouts
Clinique Even Better Lotion x2
YSL Glossy Stain
Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara
Lancome Hypnose Drama- sorry guys, absolutely hated this. Will be giving another mini away in my next TSB box.
Anastasia Lash Genius- HOLY GRAIL. Already have another full sized and mini.
Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara- also HOLY GRAIL. Wanted to cry when I finished. Will repurchase when I no longer have a mound of mascaras waiting.
Yippee! Off to the recycling bin they go!
So excited that it's December.
Because I finally get to trash all of my 2013 empties on 1 January!
Best/worst resolution ever. I have a better idea of my legitimate consumption levels, and can better budget/stock up on some items.
Y'all... I've almost filled 13 gallon trash bag #2. Thank goodness I have lots of storage. I would hate to be a hoarder. Ick.
Finished some things I'm sad about The Better than Sex mascara is one of my favorites now!
*Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream
Stila Face the Day Moisturizing Gel Cream
*Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Fresh Sugar Rose lip balm
FAB Ultra Repair Cream
Clarins Double Serum
Purity Face Wash
Fresh Rose Face Mask Sample
*=repurchasing or already bought!
Sorry for posting back to back, want to finally trash this stuff!
- Philosophy Miracle Worker eye serum - unfortunately dried out my eye area, could not finish the deluxe sample
- Benefit Stay Don't Stray - liked the product but hate the pump, made me waste so much product
- Maybelline Dream Lumi pen in radiant - already repurchased, great eye brightener
- Sephora blotting pappers - bummer was that I had to use two at a time, but did a good job removing shine
- Mary Kay samples (eye cream, a couple eye shadow cards) - trying to get rid of samples
- Wet n Wild Mega Volume mascara - thank goodness it was cheap b/c it dried out soooooo fast!
- Maybelline Full N Soft mascara - one of my go-tos, already stocked
- Uniq One all-in-one shampoo and balm - liked the concept, but my hair did not feel and look its best
- Degree clinical protection motion activated deodorant - worked really well, not usually a fan of the non-solid, would repurchase
- Billionaire Boyfriend parfum - not for me, too matronly
- LOreal EverCurl leave-in cream - already purchased, works really well as long as you get the perfect balance of cream to hair ratio
- Target cotton rounds
- Target make up remover wipes - not very soft, not repurchasing
I took this picture a few weeks ago but never got a chance to post it. So, better late than never...
- Clinique Advanced concealer - full coverage but it creased on me
- Satin care Olay shaving cream
- Boscia Oil Free Hydration w/ spf - bought full already, perfect for summer
- Target brand exfoliating cotton rounds - like that they have a little more substance than regular rounds, already repurchased
- Yes to Cucumbers makeup wipes - favorite so far, but still looking for better
- ROC Resurfacing discs - cut the discs in half to get double the use, made my face even toned and bright but could only use it for a week at a time then switch to my regular cleanser.
- Bare Minerals Multi-tasking powder in Bisque - been using to set under eye concealer, its okay, looking for better
- LOreal Total Repair restoring shampoo and conditioner - liked the sample size so I got the full size, not sure if I still feel the same way
- Masque Bar Pore refining mask - got three uses out of one packet and I liked it just as much as Murad
- Paco Rabanne Lady Million - complex smell, liked it but not enough to purchase
- Caudalie Premier cru the eye cream - bottle lasted the whole year, HATED the dispenser (wasted product), did brighten my eyes well, expensive
- Opti-free pure moist contact solution
So happy to see many more people posting on this thread each month!
Simple Wipes- yeah yeah, millions of back-ups
Two candles (I have a candle problem too, ok? ) Glade Sparkle of Spring and Slatkin Cinnamon Sugared Donut- when this one comes back in to stores I am STOCKING UP- tempted to literally eat this thing.
B&BW Enchanted Orchid Shower Gel
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Conditioner- pretty good for drugstore!
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub- this is my favorites out of the body scrubs so far, has a nice amount of grit to it, smells amazing!
B&BW Wild Honeysuckle Hand Soap
Shiseido Pureness Anti-Shine Refreshing Lotion- found this gem at TJ Maxx, and absolutely fell in love. Keep hoping I'll run in to some more discounted, otherwise I'll have to go to Nordstrom for more!
Murad Clarifying Cleanser- HATED this for my face- made my eyes sting for hours, and hated the menthol feeling on my skin. So used this for body acne wash instead and it COMPLETELY cleared up my skin. Might repurchase.
Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris- wasn't impressed. Not sure if this caused a slight worsening of my acne.
REN Glycol Lactic Mask- loved, already purchased a full-size
Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation
Anastasia Hypercolor Lash Tint in Purple
Fx Clear Prep Matte Foundation Primer & Anti-Acne Treatment Gel
Korres Anti-Aging Primer
Lancome LA Base Pro
Aubrey Calming Skin Therapy Toner
B&B Gentle Shampoo/Super Rich Conditioner
Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper- loved this, definitely going to repurchase!
100 pack of cotton rounds
VS Pink Clay body mask
Amika Nourishing Mask
VS body scrub
Benefit Fakeup Concealer
Julep Nail Polish :clap
Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Sephora Gel Makeup remover
Origins Checks & Balances
Origins Charcoal Mask
Suki Face scrub
No4 Clarifying Shampoo
Oscar Blandi Texture/Volume Spray
Vivant Green Tea Cleanser
Kate Somerville Exfolikate
La Fresh Makeup remover wipe
La Fresh Oil Cleanser Wipe
Dickinsons Face Wipe
Boscia Black Mask
Tarte Park Ave princess bronzer
X2 UD lip samples
Love empties posts! My favorite. Not as impressive as last month (wish I had a pic of that, lol) but I'm so happy I'm emptying out my drawers & cabinets of all the clutter.
Boots Extracts Body Butters (Travel Size x6): These are very moisturizing and don't leave my skin sticky. Once I use up my other body butters I will pick up a full size of the bergamot scent.
Walnut Oil & Essential Oils (Rosemary, Cedarwood & Eucalyptus): I'm trying to use up most of natural treatments, they've been hanging in my drawers for way too long! I used the walnut oil instead of coconut oil (was tired of the scent). Would repurchase in the future, just not right now.
Sally Hansen Bleaching Cream: Use this to lighten my eyebrows a couple of shades. Repurchased a couple of times.
Will NOT repurchase:
Goat Milk Emollient Cream: Bought this at the Farmers Market. Local product. Great for hands/feets but to thick & rich for my body. Made my b-acne pop out like crazy.
John Frieda Luxurious Volume Conditioner: Sample. Dried out my hair. Left it very crunchy.
Olay Moisture Body Wash: Great for shaving. Decent body wash. I need to use up all my other body products before I even consider purchasing another body wash!!!
Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion: Left my skin stick and I never felt it actually sink into my skin.
Amlactin Body Lotion: I've got KP and I'm trying to find a good body moisturizer with AHA exfoliants. This was NOT it! It left my skin greasy and didn't leave my skin hydrated. After about the third use I broke out in a rash on my forearms. My mum technically finished this up for me.
Dermalogica Age Smart Multivitamin Recovery Masque: Will not repurchase. Didn't do much for my skin. I did notice a slight glow the morning after I used it but I've got other masks that give me the same effect. I might be too young for the product!?! Because my mum looooooves it and she's repurchased it.
Biologique Recherche P50 Lotion: Already repurchased. HG chemical exfoliant. Leaves my skin sooooo soft and smooth.
L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara: Will not repurchase. I still haven't found something to replace my beloved Diorshow. This left my lashes clumpy and flaked after a couple hours.
Samples: Eeehhh nothing left me too impressed except for the Dr. Dennis Gross Brightening Serum (very tempted to purchase). Most disappointing was the MUFE HD Foundation.
-Ole Henriksen Truth Serum...NOOOOOOOO!!!! I've had some 0.5 fl. oz. containers with a few drops left so I'm flipping those bad boys upside down and using what is left until my new one arrives!
-Glam Glow Black Mask (trial/sample size), I was able to get 3 applications out of the tube. My cousin used it once and I used it twice. I like how it felt and loved how it looked as it dried because you can see where it's over your pores and does have a slight cooling/tingling effecting, but nothing overstimulating and no irritation
-Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber Body Butter and Be Enchanted Body Cream, the BB is what I use to follow up my Lush massage bar (Mange Too) so my skin doesn't stay sticky and my BC tube is warped and squeezed down, about to cut it open to get what else I can out of it
Not much empties this month, but did almost finish a couple of full size so yay!
- Benefit moisturizer: it's actually surprisingly good for a cosmetic brand. Gel moisturizers are no longer enough and this cream is perfect right now.
- Dr. Brandt Pore Thing: meh, I'm not a fan of any skincare where the top ingredients are all silicones....
- L'occitane Angelica night cream: a great gel cream, more on the cream side, with a fresh green scent. I wish Sephora carries Angelica line...
- AmorePacific Moisture Bound Intensive Vitalizing eye complex: LOVE it! A light gel that sinks in super fast. I got online fully intending to buy it, and firmly decided not to as soon as I saw the price. X.X
- Dior One Essential serum: nice.
- When Snow Angel mask: my first mask, discontinued as soon as I tried my first one. Why Sephora?!?! waeeee!
- BBW lotion: YAY it's done! Got so many of these from the GWP.
- Clarins chamomile toner: meh, finally done.