Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

โ‡๐Ÿ’–Majestic March Hauls 2019๐Ÿ’–โ‡

๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ March is here and Spring is just around the corner ๐ŸŒž ๐Ÿฐ If you have a March birthday like me, you might be extra excited for this month โ˜บ๐ŸŽˆ 

Share all of your shopping hauls, big and small, as we wait for and celebrate the return of warm weather and sunshine! mother-goddess.jpg

Happy Birthday to all of you other March babies ๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŽ‚ 

Please continue to share your Hauls in the February Haul thread Until March 1st ๐Ÿ’– 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Flipping-Fantabulous-February-2019-Hauls/m-p/4489154

Re: โ‡๐Ÿ’–Majestic March Hauls 2019๐Ÿ’–โ‡

@lmaster what % of people do you think bother to read that prior to use...

That just doesn't make sense to me @eshoe 

@lmaster  Those Riviera shadows might contain ingredients the FDA hasnโ€™t approved for use around the eye. Even if the whole palette passes safety muster in other countries, ABH is required to warn customers if they want to sell the palette in the US. Other brands have had to do that for certain palettes. Sometimes the warningโ€™s posted on the back of the palette.

At least itโ€™s only 3 shadows in this one. Iโ€™ve had 2 eyeshadow palettes in which half the shadows werenโ€™t meant for use around the eye. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Nice haul overall! Canโ€™t wait to see how you use the palette. 

@WinglessOne , @lmaster  call me crazy, but I think Colourpop has some eyeshadow palettes with pressed pigment that have the exact same disclosure...I didn't realize you could use those ingredients and then just add a disclaimer! 

@MissPuff  @lmaster  Yep. So do Urban Decay and some other brands. Theyโ€™re usually careful not to call them โ€œeyeshadows,โ€ and sometimes donโ€™t even officially call the entire palette an โ€œeyeshadow palette,โ€ as further CYA steps. 

My favorite example is still UDโ€™s Electric palette: 40% of the palette is unintended for eye use. I think I posted photos about this in another thread last year... looking through my saved photos... a-ha: 

Back of Electric palette.Back of Electric palette.Gosh, hope you donโ€™t like red/pink/purple eye looks.Gosh, hope you donโ€™t like red/pink/purple eye looks.

I mean, can you still use them around your eyes? Sure! Itโ€™s your own risk, though, and Urban Decay assumes no liability because they slapped a warning on the palette. ๐Ÿ˜„

@WinglessOne  I remember the discussions re the electric palette when it came out   I went straight ahead and ignored those warnings and never had any irritation myself (I think I had already been using it when we found out) but I do get staining regularly with reds and pinks anyway.    Itโ€™s a non issue for me cause either an exfoliating product removes it or a little concealer works to hide anything for the day or so that it lingers around.

There should be a large warning on the palette or on the site when buying them for people with more sensitive skin instead of sneaky wording on the back where people are unlikely to read.   Transparency is always appreciated 

@heartsmyface  I do seriously wonder if these warnings fall under FTC disclosure lawsโ€”and if they do, why donโ€™t brands and/or retailers obey those laws by posting warnings prominently where customers can see them before they purchase the products. I donโ€™t wanna start screencapping Sephora or Beautylish product pages to send to the FTC, lest I start any trouble. (Iโ€™ve been employed by a company that was on the receiving end of legal action by the FTC for disclosure violations. Itโ€™s not pleasant.)

Eh, this might fall into some loophole that gets brands/retailers out of posting those warnings on product pages. But I agree: they should still post the warnings as part of good ethical marketing practices.

Iโ€™m surprised to see the ABH Riviera palette marketed as an โ€œeyeshadow palette,โ€ but I bet the unapproved-for-eyes shades are officially called โ€œpressed pigmentsโ€ instead of eyeshadows on product pages. 

I'm just in shock right now @WinglessOne @MissPuff  is there a way to see this warning before purchasing? 

@lmaster  @MissPuff  Iโ€™ve noticed those warnings posted on product pages sometimes. Now I wonder if thereโ€™s a requirementโ€”say, an FDA or FTC safety disclosure requirementโ€”for brands/retailers to display such warnings prominently enough on product pages that customers can read them before they purchase the product. This is one of those times when Iโ€™m all for regulatory intervention. I mean, who wouldnโ€™t want to know some of the shadows in their palette arenโ€™t approved to use the way they planned to use them, before they actually bought the palette? 

Iโ€™m tempted to check Riviera product pages (at Sephora, ABH, etc.) to see if the warningโ€™s stated there. 

I ordered mine off beautylish @WinglessOne I'll check it out now

@WinglessOne That would drive me bonkers! Seems so shady, especially if it's 40% of the palette ๐Ÿ˜• 

Omg @MissPuff I'm going to have to search now and see, I've never had any shadows that stain my lids, but I'm a little freaked out by this, I'll just not use those shadows until I research more

@lmaster It's one thing to have a lippie that stains, but eyeshadow!?! I'd be concerned about irritation or a reaction, poor @buootiful had a terrible reaction to a red/pink? colourpop mascara just recently ๐Ÿ˜ž

That's terrible @MissPuff  I just still can't believe they would put a pigment in a palette that states not too use it around your eyes!

Oh wow @WinglessOne I had no idea! The fda hasn't approved it because why?do you think? 

@lmaster  Itโ€™s hard to say for sure without knowing the ingredients of those shadows. But I bet theyโ€™re unapproved because of certain color additives. For more info about that, hereโ€™s one of a few places to start researching, straight from the FDA itself: https://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/productsingredients/products/ucm137241.htm

@WinglessOne nope not anywhere in beautylish site, not even under ingredients or directions on use!! ๐Ÿ˜ค

Oh bless your heart! @WinglessOne thank you for posting that ๐Ÿ˜Š I appreciate the info

@WinglessOne  @lmaster I agree. I know it happens with some pigments, especially red ones.

Small March Haul - I had really been loving my avocado melt sample so I picked up the full size and grabbed their new mist as well (it smells like Jolly ranchers and I'm obsessed)! 

Also got my first Natasha Denona eyeshadow! Super excited about it!

IMG_5717.JPGIMG_5722.JPG

Fabulous haul @Kim888! I spritzed the GR watermelon mist in the store - it smells soooo good; I may pick one up for the summer. Which YSL color did you get? I like their tint-in-balm lippies and the silver packaging is one of my faves.

2,289 Replies
testing