Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

My oh my, May is here! ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒธ It's time to show off all the magical must haves you picked up this month.

Let's give our hauls a moment to sparkle and shine! โญ

1000017278.gif

๐ŸŽ‰And of course a huge shout out to all the May Birthday Beauties! ๐ŸŽ‰

Wishing you all the most magical month. ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ

1000017279.gif

May also holds a special day for all the Mama's, Aunts, Grand Mama's, and all the ladies who play a special role to the kiddo's in thier lives. ๐Ÿ’ Happy Mother's Day to all of you! ๐Ÿ’

If you are pampering anyone this month, we'd love to see what you've picked out. ๐Ÿซถ

Happy Haulin! ๐Ÿ›๏ธ 

Re: Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

That says so much about the Givenchy @Mellmars1185 โฃ๏ธ

Beautiful haul! I love the variation of products! Such a fun vibe. I hope you enjoy โค๏ธ @itsfi 

@peculiarzmakeup, thank you. I hadn't realized how bright the packaging was until I took the photo. ๐Ÿ˜† It'll be fun to play with the newness.

@itsfi Amazing haul!

@SportyGirly125, thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚ It'll be nice to try out the new items.

Those are such thoughtful graduation gifts @itsfi . How are you liking the magnesium chews? The Laniege sounds yummy. That is a nice feature of the auto-replenish , good reminder thank you! 

@Sunnysmom, thank you. It was fun to put those gifts together ๐ŸŽ I think the Sourse Dream Bites โ€“ Vegan Magnesium Infused Chocolate Supplements for Beauty Sleep 30 / bites are working, at least with the wind down portion of the day. I have on a couple of occasions gotten up in the wee hours of the morning and have had difficulty falling back to sleep, but I donโ€™t think thatโ€™s the chocolates being ineffective.

Didnโ€™t you pick up a pouch? Howโ€™s your experience been with them?

Thatโ€™s good if so @itsfi ! I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve given mine enough of a chance as I got such a little bag. I wondered if the chocolate/ caffeine aspect would do opposite but why would it if in there on purpose plus cacao and chocolate supposedly help right?!  Plus I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s the chews or the supplements I also take that work lol. I should do one or other and also need to get bigger bag and use more Iโ€™m guessing. I can always feel the effects from the supplements. 

@Sunnysmom   I'm way more sensitive to the effects of caffeine than I used to be.  And, with a more sluggish digestive system, there's no telling how to time my supplements. So I think you may be onto something with the chocolate.  I've never seen decaf chocolate, have you?

Yikes- according to the FDA a 3.5 oz chocolate bar can contain about the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee! For some reason I can't download the article.

Hmm I dunno @Ispend2much6 . I am too. Sad. Lol. I take different kinds of magnesium in the morning and magnesium glycinate a few hours before bed .  No I havenโ€™t seen decaf chocolate which seems like an oxymoron sort of right?! ๐Ÿคฃ Just the differing % that relate to the higher health benefits and that those with higher % , darker chocolate and higher cocoa solid content have more caffeine. They still have very minimal amounts of caffeine though and much less than a cup of coffee . So it wonโ€™t keep us up ๐Ÿ™‚ . Plus chocolate has Theobromine, ( in cacao too mainly) which is what acts like a muscle relaxant so thatโ€™s gotta be why. (Oh, I also read white chocolate doesnโ€™t have cocoa solids which is what has the caffeine. So itโ€™s caffeine free! ๐Ÿค” I did not know this. If itโ€™s true. ๐Ÿ™‚ I just learned so much! Bottom line is tho- all chocolate is good. Thatโ€™s my conclusion .  ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ Maybe @itsfi has some good info on all this too! 

Summer ready ๐Ÿ˜Ž @itsfi ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

@jaaayp, summer is just around the corner and Iโ€™m contemplating a no buy for part of it. Maybe during my no buy, Iโ€™ll catch up on posting all my spring hauls ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

I shall join you @itsfi ? ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Yes, yes, please join me @jaaayp. I'm aiming to do a no buy for June, with a couple of exceptions from my allowances list - Diptyque city candle - they usually release them in April and I was all set for that, but the date was pushed back this year to June. And, if Rhode Beauty launches something next month that I'm interested in, I will likely go for it. There's some talk of it being a blush stick and I'm not sure if I'll pick it up. If it's skincare, there's a higher probability that I'll purchase that on the launch date. Otherwise, tomorrow is my last shopping day ๐Ÿ˜… but things will be trickling in during my no buy June from this month's purchases so that should hopefully help to quell any urge to buy. ๐Ÿคž 

YOU GO GURL YOU GO @itsfi having allowances is ๐Ÿ™Œ I'm pretty much planning on buying zilch although I do have some shipments coming my way plus.. I have some rewards that need to be used up (I check exp date and will report back). Although, if it's a reward... doesn't count?! @Sunnysmom also said brushes don't count so.... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Iโ€™ll aim to do the same @jaaayp, generally speaking. It would have been fine if Diptyque didnโ€™t push out the release of those candles this year - theyโ€™re an annual tradition for me and it only comes around once. Anyhow, I did a presale so I technically will not be spending $$$ on them in June; theyโ€™ll just arrive in June. Loophole โ€ฆ found!! ๐Ÿ˜ Rewards with expiration dates should be used up; otherwise youโ€™re just wasting money. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Yep, packages coming in next week. One says delayed which works out better. Ha! I also picked a slower shipping option on a small Asian beauty haul so thatโ€™ll spread out the purchases and give me treats to look forward to and possibly distract me from wanting to pick up anything. I should be set. I should hopefully be set. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ T-minus 90 minutes until no-buy time.

The last time I did a โ€œno buyโ€ for non-essentials, all I spent money on besides bills was gas and food. Gas so I could go to work to make money to pay for food and the bills. I pulled out some books to read - one way to distract myself should the urge to buy creeps up. Wonder how many books Iโ€™ll get through next month. ๐Ÿคช

That's super smart @itsfi pre order AND getting books for distraction BECAUSE I DO THE SAME LOL I've been going through so many books, I think I've read 5.5 books in May (I just finished the 6th book this week so 5.5..) watching TV = online shopping vs reading = no distractions.

Wow, is sephora or beauty your main haul? No clothes or shoes??! I think shoes are a big problem for me and my weakness point ๐Ÿฅน 

I can't wait to see your candles! I have about 5 full candles and like 5 emptied/cleaned out containers I've kept to use as plant pots.. I used to be a big fan of Diptyque but I think I got lost somewhere along the way... LOL 

It's June 3rd and Ulta has released 15% off.. I have some cash rewards saved so I've been trying to shop after work but just found out their app is down. is this... a sign?

@jaaayp, 5-1/2 books in May?! That's impressive. Just aiming to fit in time for one per month. lol, I have a few areas where I like to haul - shoes, handbags, clothes, beauty, etc., not necessarily in that order. From a variety of places, but I try to rein it in; some areas are easier than others depending on the day. ๐Ÿ˜… For me personally, it's good to do a no buy every so often - gives me an extra opportunity to shop my stash and to pass along anything I'm just not using, and it gives me time to think about my spending habits, what I really want to pick up or to focus on using / learning to use. I don't have as much fomo as before which has helped a lot with curbing the spending urge - not always, but it's enough to keep the amount of things I purchase more manageable. Summer is a bit easier for me to do a no buy too and timing wise it works fairly well since I generally have a small-ish backlog of purchases that I'm behind in opening / using and I typically gravitate more towards fall / winter shades. 

I actually just finished Lessons in Chemistry today @itsfi I think I've seen you mention it on the BIC Bookclub.. omg it was so hard for me to read it, I think I renewed it like twice trying to get through it. I didn't hate it perse, I think Elizabeth Zott was fierce yet so annoying LOL I did enjoy the wittiness of the book overall and it did make me laugh quite a bit. Also, loved Six Thirty. I hope my cats are just as intelligent, if not more. 

I actually just checked my drawer and noted that I am running out of 2 full sized drawers plus his and hers bathroom counter and the drug cabinets. I did order a reward haul yesterday so maybe I need to chill out (Although, I also have a sephora reward I need to use)...

Reining it in is the theme. I'm hoping to go through all my half opened things this month because it's just causing so much clutter! How are you doing with your body care items? 

P.S. LOL FOMO ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Dermstore and JCPenny to get the Anna Shi perfume cheaper (I got sent a sample when I bought an Anna Shi nail polish so it wasnโ€™t a blind buy). 

IMG_5973.jpeg

IMG_6003.jpeg

Isn't that packaging just adorable!! @SportyGirly125 

19 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos215
  • 1000017278.gif
  • 1000017279.gif
  • 17144986994738838166369396453455.jpg
  • 1000017375.jpg
  • 1000017377.jpg
  • IMG_4273.jpeg
  • IMG_4839.jpeg
  • DC3A9152-0AD0-4FFF-AFF4-8DC0E2D7F252.jpeg
  • 3E7CA2AA-24E8-487D-AD68-99B3FCF0BFC5.jpeg
  • I intentionally picked shades Sephora doesnโ€™t carry, so I could use other retailer rewards instead of my most recently acquired Rouge Reward (which Iโ€™ll use for different goodies).
  • Okay, NOW Iโ€™ll stop buying so many candles this year. :D
  • 17146722456176014968085215806512.jpg
  • IMG_4283.jpeg
  • IMG_4288.jpeg
  • IMG_4097.jpeg
testing