Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Jaw Dropping June Hauls 2022

Summer ☀️ is here and it’s time to soak up the sun and enjoy every precious moment.  Please share your jaw dropping June hauls for this month here.

Happy Birthday to all the June babies and Happy Father’s Day (June 19th). 

4E1F2DB9-F3BE-4B40-8E39-A643BD8BE244.jpeg

23F1D329-2826-4491-BF67-8E515D2CF743.jpeg

E167F4ED-6D04-4A35-8796-642A282DB18B.jpeg

Re: Jaw Dropping June Hauls 2022

Ulta sales + points multipliers + GWP: 

CeraVe was BOGO 40% off; good way to reach the $50 buy-in for the GWP.CeraVe was BOGO 40% off; good way to reach the $50 buy-in for the GWP.hauls2022-june-3-gwp-makeup.jpeg
Details & swatches: 
Spoiler
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick, shades Incandescent and Mulberry - Incandescent is a pink-to-gold duochrome and has a wetter formula than my other BB shadow sticks do. That’s not necessarily bad, but I'll have to see how long it takes to set on my lids. Mulberry’s more brown-bronze than I’d hoped for, so I’m debating a return/exchange. It’s pretty, just not as burgundy as I expected. 

MAC Colour Excess Gel Pencil Eye Liner, shade The Last Word - This teal was the only shade (that interested me) I didn’t need to see in person before buying, so I ordered it to test on my hooded eyes. If it does well, I’ll visit an Ulta or my local MAC store to swatch other shades in person, especially the yellow. 

Swatches of MAC gel eyeliner and Bobbi Brown shadow sticks.Swatches of MAC gel eyeliner and Bobbi Brown shadow sticks.
CeraVe Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser - I recently discovered this cleanser makes for a fantastic handwash. Seriously, best handwash ever for my dry skin. I keep a bottle in both bathrooms. I could also use it as a facial and body cleanser, but I still prefer CeraVe’s Hydrating Cleanser Bar for that (and wish Ulta carried it). 

Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Clarifying Shampoo - Took advantage of the jumbos sale + Redken points multiplier. I don’t have super hard water at home, but Florida does. This shampoo will come in handy next time I visit family in FL. 

GWP: National Sunscreen Day Sampler #2 - Now this was an Ulta GWP worth the buy-in! I think the only sub was one of the self-tan products, which I don’t care about. All the sunscreens in this bunch are new to me except Avene Solaire—though I’ve never tried the non-tinted version (I use the tinted version instead), so I’ll get to test it now on my skin tone. I’ve used CoTZ sunscreens but not their tinted primer sunscreen. The only sunscreen that might irritate my skin, based on INCI lists, is ZitSticka Megashade: it contains tea tree oil. My face can only handle that stuff in small amounts, used infrequently. Eh, it could be a good sunscreen to wear over active backne, when that skin's exposed to sunlight. 
Zoya sale: 

Shades from left to right: Tilda (cream), Alia (jelly), Juniper (matte textured), and Liberty (matte textured).Shades from left to right: Tilda (cream), Alia (jelly), Juniper (matte textured), and Liberty (matte textured).
BOGO sale + free Z-Wide brushes = good time to finally try a couple of Zoya’s textured matte PixieDust polishes. I’m not sure how well I’ll tolerate them… I have a weird quirk about very textured nail polish (sometimes they trigger “cuticle” picking/biting). But we’ll see! 

And yes, I know I said in my last hauls post that I should stop buying nail polish for a while. But I ordered these Zoyas before all those LynBs, so it's fine. It's fine. 😅 

Fabulous hauls, @WinglessOne!! Those eyeshadow sticks are stunning!! And that spf gwp!! Enjoy your goodies!!

Such a great haul @WinglessOne ! Everything is so beautiful! 😍

Great hauls for the extra points @WinglessOne.

@WinglessOne ohhhh I'm wearing that similar green shade on my toes with a pink and white flower!! Such beautiful colors!

@WinglessOne , 

Choice purchases plus so many extra points!   Yay!  Those brushes look good....

Thanks @tsavorite ! 

@WinglessOne 

That green polish looks so fun.

@elleb810  Right? How can anyone pass up that bright grassy green? 💚 

@WinglessOne I've been using Kinship sunscreen for the last few months and find that it's just ok. Still searching for the perfect mineral face sunscreen since 2 of my favs have been discontinued, so I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the samples, especially the Pipette one. That's been on my list to try.

@snoflakefaerie  I'll tag you as I try them. What issues did you have with the Kinship sunscreen? 

I've used the Avene Solaire tinted mineral sunscreen for a while now. The foil in Ulta's GWP is the non-tinted version; both versions have near-identical ingredient lists. The tinted version is easy to blend out and doesn't pill on me or irritate my mostly-dry combo skin. It leaves a radiant glow finish, but not greasy or super shiny. I expect the non-tinted version to perform the same, except that it might leave a white/grey cast on my skin tone. I'll find out soon enough. 

Sorry for the late reply @WinglessOne ; the notification went to my spam 😞 Anyway, I find the Kinship to be a touch too greasy for my liking, though the tint is nice and it rubs in well. But, my biggest complaint is that it stings my skin. I'm not sure what it is that's causing that because my skin generally isn't really sensitive. I thought it might be a one off from over exfoliating, but it persists. It doesn't last very long, but I still feel some concern that I'm experiencing it at all.

@WinglessOne  I’m intrigued that you use the Cerave as hand soap. I may need to try that!! Why is there tea tree in sunscreen thats perplexing to me. Seems very odd!! Oooo more polishes!! I’m not a fan of textured polish also. I usually will pick at it till it’s gone. 

@ather  I had a DS of CeraVe Cream-to-Foam Cleanser and used it on my hands one day, because my half bath was out of hand soap... not sure why that DS was in that bathroom but who cares, the point is my mind was blown that day. 🤣 

The ZitSticka Megashade sunscreen's marketed for acne-prone skin. I assume tea tree oil's there to help calm active acne: it's anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. It doesn't hate acne-causing bacteria as much as benzoyl peroxide does, but tea tree oil does seem to help some folks with acne. And you know, ZitSticka as a brand is all about fighting acne. 😉 

@WinglessOne  I guess. I’ve used it as a spot treatment but I’m unsure if I would want it on my whole face in a sunscreen. 

@WinglessOne I need to pick up a couple of wide brushes.  I only have a couple of polishes that have skinny brushes but they're annoying as heck!

@CookieGirl1  I wish Zoya would make their wide brush the standard in all their polishes instead of their usual skinny brush. I mean, I get why some folks (especially nail techs) love the skinny brush: for me, sometimes it's easier to use than a wide paddle brush on my pinky nails, or when I want to do detailed (but not super detailed) work. But those little brushes are a chore to use on the rest of my nails. 

I think Zoya's wide brush only works with their polish bottles. But Glisten & Glow's wide brush is compatible with a few brands—and this reminds me to buy a bunch to swap into my China Glazes. 

@WinglessOne I'm actually considering purchasing a small pack of the disposable wide brushes; I figure that I can always use acetone to clean them up after using them a couple of times and then toss them.  Since there are really only a couple of polishes that I have that have pathetic brushes I feel like just buying a handful of them will last me a long time, especially if I can carefully get a few uses out of each brush.

@CookieGirl1  Ah. I'm kinda doing that now with my old Live Love Polish bottles: I use some spare wide brushes with them, then clean the brushes with acetone. (I don't toss the brushes though.) It's annoying, but less annoying than LLP's obnoxious brush. Still, I'm tempted to just rebuy those LLP shades from Mooncat since they now come with a wide brush. Anyway, depending on which wide brushes you buy, they should last a while. 

@WinglessOne Pixiedust is my all time favorite polish finish. Hope you love them. 

@lnum  I hope so too! Assuming you're not a frequent (2+ times a week) mani-swapper: how long do they usually last on your nails before chipping? I can get at least 5 days out of nearly any other type of polish, even though I'm not gentle on my nails, so it'll be fun to see how long a PixieDust survives. 

1,393 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos231
  • E167F4ED-6D04-4A35-8796-642A282DB18B.jpeg
  • 4E1F2DB9-F3BE-4B40-8E39-A643BD8BE244.jpeg
  • 23F1D329-2826-4491-BF67-8E515D2CF743.jpeg
  • 91AACC18-393A-44D1-806D-2E882BAE5EE9.jpeg
  • Credit: nuxe website
  • EBE2A374-88B4-48AB-A943-0AC82C12BE56.gif
  • 0601221437.jpg
  • 0601221437a.jpg
  • 0601221438.jpg