Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Day Seven: Nasomatto's Pardon

A strong and sweet oud. Nasomatto doesn't release its notes but this is definitely an oud that I would describe as smoky and dry. The scent feels very dense and shifts a lot between notes - I can pick out creamy sandalwood contrasting with a bitter powdery spice. Overall, I'm rather disappointed as I really like other fragrances from this house. Pardon is just too sweet for me.

Day 7 

Maison Margiela: Replica Beach walk 

Notes:
Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Lemon, Ylang Ylang, Coconut Milk, Heliotrope, Musk, Cedarwood, Benzoin.

@WhereYouStand Those notes sound delightful.  I'm going to have to check this one out.

I love this one!

Day 7:  Eros pour femme by Versace.  

I absolutely love this fragrance.  The first time I smelled it, I was in love.  In general, I'm very picky about perfumes and colognes that have that fresh, citrus quality.  I think it's easy to overdo it.  This is a problem (in my opinion) in men's fragrances.  But Versace really got it right with Eros

Eros pour femme feels exciting when I put it on.  The citrus is strong upon application, but it blends perfectly with the middle jasmine notes.  The citrus fades somewhat through wear, letting a very fine jasmine/peony combination take the spotlight.  

I think it's about an hour into wear (for me) that a musky/woodsy quality starts to become apparent.  I think it's there when first applied, but it's the backstage crew of this fragrance that just blends everything perfectly together without being obvious until the tail end of wear. 

I feel like this is better suited to spring or summer, and it's definitely a day time scent.  It's energizing and I feel like it lifts my mood.  Not only that, but the full size bottle is simply gorgeous.

@ghrelin, looks liked we like the same thing. I got the sample vial from somewhere love it so much that I ended up got myself a gift set from Macy's even though I have enough perfume to last me a lifetime 🙂 And agree the bottle is gorgeous:)

@blackkitty2014  I'm with you there on having enough perfume to last forever.  I keep telling myself that I'm not going to buy anymore until I finish some of it off and then inevitably I end up caving in!

Day 6- MMM Beach Walk, I feel like a lot of us used this today, we must be lusting for summer. I love this fragrance, I like to use it as a winter longing for summer fragrance and when I use it in summer makes me feel like a beach goddess mermaid haha! 

Also, I have organized the rest of my collection for this challenge and written it in my paper journal so I don't keep having to check my old posts to remember my absolute favourites. Wild Friday night in! 

Jan 6: Dolce & Garbana Light Blue EDT: I don't remember when I started wearing it but I'm on my 3rd 100ml bottle 😉 I got so many compliments over the yeas wearing it 🙂

@blackkitty2014  Light Blue is one of my favorite fragrances to put on after my after work out shower.  It's just so light and fresh.  I kind of feel like it keeps that after workout feeling of success going strong.

I looooove the cologne version for guys. If I had a boyfriend, I'd make him wear it 😆

Day 5: I wore jI'll Stuart floral marine hand cream.  I swear no matter what jI'll Stuart scent it is it just smells rosey. I may be crazy but I am a happy crazy.  

Day 6: tom Ford velvet orchid.  This smell makes me feel mature- like I've past the test and can now hang out with the grownups.

Velvet Orchid does smell so grown up, but in a great classy way, not an old crotchety granny way

Day 6: Ralph Lauren Tender Romance

Day 6 : Tom Ford Black Orchid. A beautiful fragrance with notes of black truffle, black orchid, black plum, noir gourmand accord, patchouli. It is really strong, so one spritz is all I need.

Day 6-Diptyque eau rose

I love the lychee-rose scent of this one. It's so fresh and pretty ❤️

Anonymous Insider

Day 6 Stella 

Day 6:

Delices de Cartier- oriental and spicy on me, it has grat lasting power. Hard to find though- I lucked out last time I got a bottle because I found it in Winners- haven't seen it since!

Verdict: Would and have, purchased a full size.

Day 6: Chloe Eau De Parfum by Chloe.  I woke up this morning and I just knew I needed roses in my life, and if you can't have the real thing, then Chloe is the next best thing!  This fragrance packs a real floral punch and lasts for a long time and dries down into this really lovely woodsy-amber scent that's just so comfortable and warm.

(also, I missed days 4 and 5 because I was taking care of my besty who just had surgery)

This one is so nice. It's like the LBD of fragrances in my opinion. Not sure what to wear? Go with Chloe. Need something subtle but beautiful? Chloe.

4,022 Replies
testing