Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Advice on extending longevity of a perfume on skin

So wanted to ask for advice from seasoned perfume wearers how to make a perfume last as long as possible on you during the day. 

I know people mix perfumes/ mix with scented creams - I personally am not looking to change the original fragrance scent on me.

I fell in love with a sample of Juliette Has A Gun Pear Inc. but realised it just does not last on me, and many comments in the reviews also were very split on if this perfume stays on them a while or if it disappears.

But any recommendations of close dupes for this specific scent is also very appreciated. I do already have a Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia candle which I'm obsessed with, so that's one alternative I have in the bank.

Just wanting to try everything suggested to avoid having to begrudgingly move on and find a new pear perfume 😅😓

Re: Advice on extending longevity of a perfume on skin

Best result is to apply your perfume after showering. After showering, when I’m moisturizing my body, I actually spritz my perfume on my palm with unscented Cerave lotion, and then apply it all over. May not be really the best idea because you’re actually rubbing your perfume on your skin which is a No-No… but I still do it. 😃 And then I put Vaseline on my pulse points (not too much) where I usually spray my perfume; the inside of my wrist, on my neck, behind the ears, inner elbows and behind my knees and ankles. 😬

This advice has now made me envy the morning shower people - I get so sleepy after showers I have to take them at night 🤣
> But I am in the process of getting some good fragrance free body lotions to try out the spraying perfume over to test out how it works for me : )

@CattyT3 Sometimes I find it can last longer in one's hair - think of how cigarette smoke can stick around - but I don't do this a lot because alcohol is dehydrating.

Oh that's a good point - I actually only recently found out hair perfumes are even a thing at all, so I shall try that out too, thank you.

@CattyT3, I don't think myself as a seasoned perfume wearer, but @bakeamuffin is right, a lotion or oil will kind of help carry the scent.  If  your lotion is neutral or unscented, it shouldn't alter the scent too much.  You could also look for fragrances that have body care in the same scent (body wash, lotion), etc.

I also find that concentrating sprays on pulse points like my wrist and ankle kind of helps me keep the scent going.  And fabrics. In the fall/spring I have large scarves that I spray with my fave scents, the tertiary (? I forget what they are called) notes tend to stay in clothing/fabric for awhile.

Yes that's how I wear all my perfumes - applying onto pulse points or spraying/ dabbing it onto my actual clothing - unfortunately it just was not working out with Pear INC while it works for many other perfumes I have used over the years.
So I'll be trying the unscented cream layer before applying and also seeing how it works out with the 2 oils @bakeamuffin suggested too.
Thank you for the advice.

The best things I’ve found to help extend the longevity of my fragrance is by applying it directly after moisturizing with a thick body cream. The fragrance notes seems to cling really well! 

I also like to apply a nice oil, such as The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL or The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Hemi-Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL to my skin and the spritz the fragrance on top of that.

Good luck @CattyT3 ! ☺️

Thank you for the suggestion - this will be perfect to try out since I love these oils for my skin as it is - I actually have some Arab Oud that - of course - is very concentrated oil based that lasts forever - so this makes perfect sense! 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing