Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Packaging Longevity and Product Storage

After purchasing, how do you extend the longevity of your packaging & What's the best way to store larger palettes? ๐ŸŽจ ๐Ÿ–ผ 

Tags:

Re: Packaging Longevity and Product Storage

@missaa8  My larger palettes live on a shelf, lined up like books with their spines facing outward. None of them are in their boxes, not even the Pat McGrath palettes. (I do still have my Mothership boxes because theyโ€™re pretty. But I donโ€™t store the palettes in them.) 

My smaller and mini palettes live in acrylic drawers on that same shelf. The drawers make it easier to organize the littles. 

Every so often I run a duster across everything on the eyeshadow shelf. Iโ€™m not concerned about dust getting into my palettes; I just try not to let too much dust accumulate because it bothers me.

If you want to keep dust completely off your palettes, you could buy drawersโ€”either acrylic ones or a furniture solution. Or use large boxes/bins with lids. Iโ€™ve seen someone use The Container Storeโ€™s drop-front shoeboxes to store palettes on shelves. Iโ€™m sure there are similar and less expensive options at Amazon and elsewhere. 

When it comes to organization, plastic containers & lids are a โœจ๏ธ necessity โœจ๏ธ

@missaa8  Quick tip: remember to @ the person you reply to, so theyโ€™ll get a notification. Otherwise they might never see your reply. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Plastic acrylic containers are definitely handy organizers. Most of my other makeup is in acrylic drawers and carousels. But I also personally think shelves are a necessity: I like to use vertical space when possible, to save sone horizontal space. Thatโ€™s what works for me, anyway.

I have a โ€œmagnetic wallโ€ in my bathroom: itโ€™s just a few metal sheets/bases I stuck on the wall with 3M Command Strips. Iโ€™ve got bins/cups and shelves stuck to that wall via magnets. That used to be where a lot of my makeup lived. Since Iโ€™ve moved makeup out into my bedroom, Iโ€™ll repurpose the magnetic bathroom wall for skincare and hair accessories. Iโ€™ll also probably make another magnetic area on a bedroom wall to hold more cosmetic stuff. 

@WinglessOne my collection is kinda pitiful at the moment haha please see the attached photo in reference lmaoo

20230802_100714.jpg

@missaa8  Hey now, there's nothing wrong with a smaller makeup collection. ๐Ÿ™‚ I know more than one person whose entire collection can fit in one USPS flat rate medium or large box. Those folks are very good at curating specific items they'll frequently use, and I kinda envy them. Sometimes my collection's overwhelming, especially my lipsticks. 

Speaking of lipsticks: are those UOMA Badass Icons I see in one of the acrylic drawers? And maybe an UOMA gloss in the bottom drawer? If yes, which shades are they? (Hi, I'm a nosy UOMA fan. ๐Ÿ˜

I meant to mention this in my earlier post, and you might've already seen the threads I'm about to list, but here's where you can see how other folks (including me) store their makeup collections if you're interested: 

โœจโ„๏ธDecember 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!โ„๏ธโœจ 

Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’— 

...and a couple others I can't find right now. There are also some old inactive threads still floating around BIC about vanity/makeup stations. 

@WinglessOne 

Winnie, Tracy, Brenda & Sass are the Ouma lip products you see๐Ÿ‘€ they're from over 2 years ago and I still love them! I tried a few Ouma Beauty by Sharon C products, as well, but I did not care for them as much, probably because of their smell (friendly price point, though).

Very cool, @WinglessOne!

@missaa8 @I keep the boxes and store them in an acrylic makeup tower. 

Would Amazon have the best options for storage, @SportyGirly125?

@missaa8 @I found my first one on EBay, got one for my bestie on Amazon, and the newer one I own from a couple years ago I got from Cosmo Cube. Ulta also has some but I needed something bigger at the time. I also store my makeup in a travel bag by Rownyeon. The same one Patrick Ta uses. 

IMG_4925.jpeg

IMG_4914.jpeg

IMG_4905.jpeg

๐Ÿคฉ

@missaa8 I toss the boxes pretty quickly after purchase and don't really care about fingerprints on my packaging. My palettes are on various acrylic organizers on my top of my vanity within easy reach, kind of like magazines.

Do you know, if dust is ever a problem for the stability of the product if you leave your makeup sitting out like that?

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 39 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos4
  • IMG_4925.jpeg
  • IMG_4914.jpeg
  • IMG_4905.jpeg
  • 20230802_100714.jpg
testing