Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

What can I use to brighten up my dark circles ?

My dark circles are my biggest concern, main reason why I wear makeup almost everyday. But sometimes I really want to just have a fresh face and not have to feel the need to wear makeup. Iโ€™m looking for something to help with dark circle and also for redness / puffiness. Help a girl out! ๐Ÿ’›

What can I use to brighten up my dark circles ?

@mavls I love tatcha the Pearl to brighten
Anonymous Insider

Re: What can I use to brighten up my dark circles ?

Great 

@mavls you could try ORIGINS - GinZingโ„ข Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff

Depends on if they are hereditary, @mavls. If they are, thereโ€™s really noting you can do. This is my biggest concern as well. One trick that I do is self-tan my face. I self tan my entire body but our face is usually lighter anyway. If you give your face a nice glow, it will camouflage the dark circles. I love the Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Natural Glow Face Drops Medium. Mix it in with your moisturizer at night and youโ€™ll wake up with glowing skin. I also use the Isle of Paradise Self-Tanning Refillable Water Medium. This is easy because itโ€™s clear and you can spritz it on after a shower. 

If you feel you absolutely need an eye treatment, I suggest DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum. The Retinol and Ferulic acid will help that delicate skin turnover much faster. This will help ease darkness that comes from lack of sleep or water. Trick is to leave it in the fridge. Since itโ€™s a gel consistency, it will calm down puffiness when applied cold. It also just feels amazing. Thereโ€™s nothing wrong with adding a bit of concealer for extra coverage and walking out the door. I do it all the time! โค๏ธ

RE: Re: What can I use to brighten up my dark circles ?

Itโ€™s not hereditary ๐Ÿ˜ฉ I work 2 jobs and I guess โ€œtiredโ€ is catching up to me Lol. Iโ€™m 20 years old and I just want to at least do something to not make it worse than what it already is for my age. I will look into these products! Thank you so much ๐Ÿ’›

@mavls OLEHENRIKSEN - Banana Bright Eye Crรจmeis great for brightening the under eyes when you don't want to wear makeup. I don't find it does anything permanent for me in the way of getting rid of dark circles but they deff look brightened when I wear it. BECCA - Under Eye Brightening Corrector

also works well and you don't need a concealer over it to get the brightened effect. 

RE: Re: What can I use to brighten up my dark circles ?

Thank you so much for your help ๐Ÿ’› I will definitely look into them !

How do you use the Becca, @Kim888? I absolutely hate it! I feel like itโ€™s just way too emollient and brings out every line. My concealer always looks caked on and causes it to become darker. Maybe Iโ€™m applying it wrong. I only use BENEFIT COSMETICS - Boi-ing Brightening Concealer. It just lays and wears nicely under my concealer. 

I agree about Boing. But now when I try to buy Boing Brightening concealer No.1 they only show one dark color in the Sephora on line store, and Amazon wants $60.00 for that little jar.  Please someone tell me they haven't stopped making it!!

@darlyndar It's possibly because I tend to apply all my steps probably too fast in the morning so my under eyes may be already pretty saturated so I feel like it glides on easily plus I only use a tiny bit. I also tend to layer it after I apply primer so thats a possibility as well for not settling.  I agree if I take too much it can lay a bit weird but I feel like the shades a good match for me to not darken anything I might put on top of it. 

I tried a benefit one for a while (the dual pan one they used to have) but I felt like I could never get that to lay right. I want to try the Kaja one, I swatched it in store and it looks like it could work. 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing