Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Sweat- & tear-proof Lash Glue for oily lids?

Hi there,

I'm new to false lashes and I'm trying to do my research on lash glues/adhesives so I get it right. 

A little background on my glue needs:

I have oily eyelids

Due to a chronic illness, I don't tolerate heat well, so I experience a lot of sweating when the temp is above ~70°, which can reach my eyes & interfere w/ makeup

So it needs to be sweat-proof.

For whatever reason (probably not blinking enough), my eyes will water ~15/24hrs. So it needs to be tear-proof.

Finally, when I wear makeup, I will wear my contact lenses. So it needs to be safe for contacts.

Also, there are a few brands of lashes I'm trying which I'll be using it with that are made from different materials (mink, silk, pony, synthetic). 

So, any recommendations? 

Any recommendations for realistic everday lashes for a gal with largel, deep set eyes with fairly full and long lashes who is just looking to amp up volume a bit?

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Any advice is appreciated!

Renée

RE: Sweat- & tear-proof Lash Glue for oily lids?

Hi there I know how you feel just so you know I am a ophthalmology technician and makeup artist as well so totally understand the struggle we can face when trying to ensure we look glam but in the healthiest way for our eye. There are many eye conditions like blepharitis and even rosacea in fair skin people who can be much more sensitive to certain products. I have tried a fair share of lash adhesives including the Huda, the Ardell lash glue (burns like a mother!) and various of the Duo lash adhesives and have found that the green duo lash adhesive with the brush on applicator is the one that has worked best for me. The trick to all glues is to apply the adhesives and I actually set my lash down for a few seconds 30-60 seconds for it to get tacky the apply them on. If you apply when still wet you take a chance at continued lifting in the inner corners. Hope this help. 🙂
Anonymous Insider

Re: Sweat- & tear-proof Lash Glue for oily lids?

You can try the Huda Beauty Lash Glue (which is amazing) as well as the DUO lash glue that you can get from CVS! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing