cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

I cannot, for the life of me, find an eyeliner that will stay on my waterline

SOS!

love eyeliner, and I adore the darkened waterline look. However, I am constantly having to reapply eyeliner to my waterline, and I have a raccoon look way too often. I've tried so many eyeliners... Stila waterproof, Bobbi Brown gel, Marc Jacobs Highliner, Kat Von D's Tattoo liner, you name it. I even tried drug store brands like Maybelline's gel pot.

I also tried the black eyeshadow trick but it wasn't so great for me. I'd really like to find an eyeliner that is truly smudge-proof and waterproof. Anyone else have this same issue and crack the case??

RE: I cannot, for the life of me, find an eyeliner that will stay on my waterline

The only black eyeliner that will stay on my water line is the abh waterproof cream colors. I have them all the Black is my fav

Re: I cannot, for the life of me, find an eyeliner that will stay on my waterline

Urban Decays waterline eye pencil. Also, baking under the eyes, also known as sandbagging, will help keep the liner in place. I’ve also learned to pass the tip of the pencil over the tip of a flame for a second before applying. Make sure you test before applying to make sure it isn’t too hot

Re: I cannot, for the life of me, find an eyeliner that will stay on my waterline

I posted a while back, right after this question came up, but since then I have found another solution that works very very well for me.

Inglot Duraline is a liquid additive to make any makeup waterproof. It works wonders! I dispense one drop to a clean surface, dip an eyeliner brush in it, then pick up any powder eyeshadow. After 8+hours, I still have 70-80% of my waterline liner left on place, which is a miracle compared to everything else I've tried. And using eyeshadow as liner...well, the color possibilities are endless!

Ok everyone, she said she tried Marc Jacobs and it didn't work, so no more suggesting it!!

I feel like I have also tried everything and with little luck... It disappears or transfers to my lower waterline and I do not want that.  I have tried marc jacobs, kat von d, urban decay, mac, and forgot what else... I really feel its an individual thing because one will be amazing for someone and then crap for another person.  I'm thinking of trying the MUFE aqualiner next.

Marc Jacobs Highlighter, ONLY thing that lasts in the waterline for me, its a must have.

It Cosmetics No Tug Gel eyeliner is the *only* one that h...

It Cosmetics No Tug Gel eyeliner is the *only* one that has worked for me, out of maybe 100 that I've tried!

Too Faced Bulletproof. It's an old line, so you can find it super cheap online and in some Nordstrom Racks. They do not budge! I've used them in my waterline, on my lids, and I can't compare them with anything else. 

I have 'tarteist' by tarte and it stays on my waterline the majority of the day, whether at work (I work in a restaurant) or just out with my friends. Ive never had a problem with it.

just tried Sephora Collection STYLOGRAPHIC for the first time and loved it

Anonymous Insider

Try Mac. It works fairly well and stays on for the most part. Having worked at Nordstrom and having access to so many makeup lines, tips, etc. that was the one that seemed to work best for me. It also doesn't "break the bank" so to speak so if it doesn't work well for you, you're not out a lot of $$.

RE: I cannot, for the life of me, find an eyeliner that will stay on my waterline

I love the Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeliner! I have the one in the shade dark side I believe (which is black) and I'll put it on in the morning and even when my eyes get quite watery I find it stays on all day! I think it's around $18 but it's really nice and I can count on it to not smudge all under my eyes 👌🏻 I'd say give it a try!

Until very recently, I also suffered from raccoon eyes! And then I found that Urban Decay's Perversion liner was my answer. When I am going to be in more tropical weather (i live in Miami). I add some dark eyeshadow on the eyeliner and it sets till the next day. Best of luck!

Sephora brand actually works best for me. Lasts all day and doesn't run. Also good price being Sephora brand

Wet n Wild! It's only 99 cents and all the eyeliners are so smooth and amazing. They always stay in my waterline and I can even do a sharp wing 

Marc Jacobs!

Marc Jacobs is the best!
Anonymous Insider

I had the same problem usually I now realized it's easier to combine eyeliner which ever one you prefer and with a simple qtip grab an eyeshadow to go over the eyeliner it stays on longer. Well this has worked for me at least lol

You should try inglot gel liner 77! it stays on my water line until the next day 🙂

aashequi wrote:

SOS!

love eyeliner, and I adore the darkened waterline look. However, I am constantly having to reapply eyeliner to my waterline, and I have a raccoon look way too often. I've tried so many eyeliners... Stila waterproof, Bobbi Brown gel, Marc Jacobs Highliner, Kat Von D's Tattoo liner, you name it. I even tried drug store brands like Maybelline's gel pot.

I also tried the black eyeshadow trick but it wasn't so great for me. I'd really like to find an eyeliner that is truly smudge-proof and waterproof. Anyone else have this same issue and crack the case??

I have heard some bloggers on YT rave about Makeup Geek Gel Liner in Immortal specifically for this purpose. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but maybe you could try this one @aashequi

Marc Jacobs Highliner, ONLY thing that works for me

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • IMG_1901.PNG
testing