Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

GLASS is top ingredient in Kaja eyeshadow??? ๐Ÿ˜จ

I just received my order of Kaja beauty's bento box eyeshadow. It's sooo beautiful... but reading the ingredients kind of alarmed me- the 2nd ingredient is straight GLASS??  Is this safe to use on and around the eyes? I don't think I've ever seen that before so I'm kind of worried, is this safe to use? ๐Ÿค”Kaja Eye Bento Bouncy Eyeshadow Trio Toasted Caramel#kaja 

IMG_8736.JPG

GLASS is top ingredient in Kaja eyeshadow??? ๐Ÿ˜จ

Kinda late on this reply, but if it helps, Pat McGrath also uses glass in one of her eye shadows (Bronze Blaze from Bronze Seduction) and I haven't had any problems with it. I'm assuming the glass in your eyeshadow is similar, so glass beads that are only a few microns in size. Basically, they are about 33x smaller than even the smallestcosmetic glitters. They are safe for eye use but may cause irritation if it goes in the eye, just like any other eye product. Here's a link if you want more info on glass in cosmetics. https://www.cospheric.com/glass_microspheres_cosmetics_personal_care.htm

Re: GLASS is top ingredient in Kaja eyeshadow??? ๐Ÿ˜จ

@StarrySkies Translation issue or not that makes me very uncomfortable. We are assuming it is a translation issue. If so, it should have been caught and corrected. 

@GG84  Honestly I feel the same way ๐Ÿ™ I've never seen this on an ingredient list and have a big k-beauty collection, so that along with the 2 differing ingredient lists was kind of alarming. We'll see what they say.

@StarrySkies 

How very interesting. Kaja is Korean, iirc, and perhaps that was a translation fail? In any case, from their website, the second ingredient is calcium titanium borosilicate (which can also be used in glass...borosilicates are what make Pyrex heat-resistant). As used in cosmetics though, borosilicates are bulking agents, and are safe to use ๐Ÿ˜Š

Screenshot_20190320-214534.png

@RGbrown  hmm maybe it is a translation issue, I hadn't considered that. I still find it very odd that it would be labeled as glass on the box but not on the Sephora or memebox websites. I wonder who changed it? Or did I receive an old product and the new formulations have replaced it? Thanks for your insight on this!  I messaged Kaja Beauty and will see what they say about it.

@RGbrown  Thanks for the breakdown! I had a mini heart attack as I am a lover of the Kaja shadows but it all makes sense now ๐Ÿ™‚ Plus, I've used mine on various occasions and have never experienced any uncomfortable irritation.

@gonerogue wrote:

@RGbrown  Thanks for the breakdown! I had a mini heart attack as I am a lover of the Kaja shadows but it all makes sense now ๐Ÿ™‚ Plus, I've used mine on various occasions and have never experienced any uncomfortable irritation.

OK that's good to know that you haven't  experienced any irritation!  I totally had a mini heart attack when I read that too ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

I clicked the Sephora link and looked at the ingredient list, and nowhere does it mention glass...

๐Ÿ˜ฑ Ok....That's even scarier. It's right here on the box.... It's like they're trying to hide it before you buy it? I took another pic next to the time and date on my computer so y'all can see I'm not making this up. 2nd ingredient. Straight up just glass! Why are the  ingredients not accurate on the product page.... IMG_8737.JPG

I agree that it may be a translation issue.  Better be safe and check than sorry.  Did  you also message sephora to ask the ingredients listed on their boxes?  

Yes I'm going to now. I didn't even realize  the discrepancy until this thread, I'd assumed what was printed on the box was also on the website here. I'll update with what I hear back!

Hey, did you get any update regarding this issue? 

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos3
  • IMG_8736.JPG
  • Screenshot_20190320-214534.png
  • IMG_8737.JPG
testing