Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Dry Skin
|

dryskin<<<

so yโ€™all i have the driest skin and im a teen, so i donโ€™t have a lotta money. so please give me recommendations on what to use ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿผ

Re: dryskin<<<

@eliejane itโ€™s amazing that you are getting to skincare now while youโ€™re young! Since youโ€™re in a budget, I would suggest sticking to a simple but effective routine. You need a good cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. Hereโ€™s a few cheap ones to try. Some are from Sephora and others are from the drugstore. If thereโ€™s a Marshallโ€™s/Winners near you, you can also get amazing skincare at cheaper prices than the usual stores. 

Cleanser

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

Byoma Creamy Jelly Cleanser

Moisturizer

SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA 3.3 oz/ 100 mL (thereโ€™s a mini one thatโ€™s cheaper)

Aveeno or CeraVe

Sunscreen

The INKEY List Polyglutamic Acid Dewy Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 ml 

CeraVe

If youโ€™re active outside during the summer, you might already have some sunscreen products. Just keep using it year-round to keep your skin protected after moisturizing. 

If you find itโ€™s not enough, try a layer of Vaseline or Aquaphor on top of the moisturizer to seal it in. 

@eliejaneThe recommendations you've already received are excellent. However, if you're looking for the Sephora experience, I suggest trying a line like The Ordinary. You could try a couple of mini products meant for dry skin and see what you think. I'd suggest trying out their cleanser The Ordinary Mini Squalane Cleanser 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and moisturizer The Ordinary Mini Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL to begin. Another cleanser of theirs, which would likely be even better for dry skin but doesn't come in a mini, is The Ordinary Glycolipid Cream Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml 

If you can afford one more product, or can add it down the road, I'd add in The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum 1 oz / 30 ml 

Lastly, if you need a little bump to your hydration, especially in very cold, dry weather, you could add a drop or two of The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL I use this oil with my gua sha tool, and it's lovely.

I haven't recommended any "brightening" products, as you have dry skin and, as a teen, are hardly in need of anti-aging products. So I don't think a chemical exfoliant is optimal for you at this time. But keep in mind that you still need to exfoliate on occasion. My favourite drugstore brand for exfoliation is the Freeman peel-off mask. It's fantastic at removing dead skin calls, and it leaves my skin feeling very soft.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Hi @eliejane @SportyGirly125 gave some great suggestions especially the CeraV,  but in case you are also sensitive or eczema prone have you tried out Vanicream? They have a whole line of a rich moisturizer, lotion, ointment etc that is pretty wallet friendly and is made without a bunch of gross chemicals. I swear by this line as I too am very dry. You can get this at Amazon, CVS, Walmart etc. I hope you can find something that works for you!

@eliejane @Have you tried brands like Aveeno or Cerave sold at Target and CVS?

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing