Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Under eye darkness

Need suggestions for curing deep dark under eye circles and dryness. It’s really turning into purple color and none of the eye cream I use works. IMG_3815.jpeg

Re: Under eye darkness

I have full circle darkness with dry skin too.  Between deep set eyes, genetics, and autoimmune issues, my dark circles are lifelong.  What I found recently that is helping with both dryness and darkness is Biossance Squalane & Marine Algae Eye cream.  Super hydrating without being heavy or greasy and works great under other products (I give it 10-15 minutes to absorb first.

I also agree with the other comments on using a colour corrector under concealer.  You might have to try a yellow one and a peach/orange tone to see which works best for you.  Either colour will work to a certain degree, but when you have the right one, it will work noticeably better.   A creamier one will add extra moisture too!

@sikapari I am not a medical professional but sometimes am iron deficiency can cause this.  Are you eating a diet with adequate iron in it?

Until you figure this out try a retinol under eye cream or a vitamin cream.

I'm not an expert but I've heard people usually do something called a "pinch test" to determine the cause of the darkness under the eyes. Basically, you lift the skin under the eyes by pinching a little bit between your fingers, and if the darkness remains it is due to pigment. If it goes away, it is due to thinning of the skin. From there, you can search for products that either brighten or that help your skin produce more collagen and thicken. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_3815.jpeg
testing