Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Tip for dry skin ??

Any tips for dry skin?
Plz share your experiences. Tysm!

Re: Tip for dry skin ??

@Ellieeeee0e  Things that help me: 

Use a gentle cleanser that doesn’t leave your skin feeling dry, stripped, or “squeaky clean.” I use a Korean brand’s soothing cleanser bar (Abib Heartleaf Stone) on my face. On my body, which is often very dry, I use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar; I used to also use that one on my face. Cetaphil also makes a good gentle cleanser. 

After you wash your face (and maybe towel-dab off excess water so you’re not dripping all over the place), immediately move on to your next skincare step. Do not wait for your skin to fully dry down. 

If your skin tends to fully dry down between skincare steps, try a hydrating mist between some steps. One of my skin’s favorites is Timeless HA Matrixyl 3000 w/Cucumber Spray, which is loaded with humectant hydrating ingredients. 

Apply moisturizer while your skin’s damp. This helps seal in hydration instead of dryness. 

If you use vitamin A (a retinoid like tretinoin, adapalene, retinol, retinaldehyde, granactive retinoid, etc.) and want to apply it when your skin’s fully dried down (to avoid increased irritation), apply it after your moisturizer. Yes, it’ll still work that way. This method ensures your skin’s hydrated and moisturized before you apply your retinoid. 

@Ellieeeee0e  Hydrating mists or essences, hyaluronic acid, and a thick moisturizer. My favorites are Youth To The People Adaptogen Soothe + Hydrate Activated Mist with Peptides 4 oz/ 118 mL , The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum , and Glossier After Baume Moisture Barrier Recovery Cream 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

@Ellieeeee0e definitely don't be afraid to layer up your hydrating skincare products.  Essences, hydrating sera, moisturizer, even an occlusive product--it all helps to keep moisture closer to your skin 🙂

@Ellieeeee0e Stay hydrated. That can help with dry skin too. And look for skincare with hyaluronic acid in it. That ingredient will help draw more moisture back into your skin. 

@Ellieeeee0e a humidifier in your bedroom in the winter.  In the winter your house can be as dry as the desert.  

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing