Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Foundation For Retin A Skin

I have used Tretinoin .05 in the past and it was great. I stopped using it for a while and recently started back on it (big mistake). In the past, I never had any major side effects but this time it’s different. My skin is dry, flaky, red and breaks-out with tiny white heads all over my cheeks. I am going to stick with it and pray this “purging” stage is over with soon!

In the meantime, I need to change my whole makeup routine and not sure with what foundation to go with. In the past, I was extremely oily so I would use double wear foundation and set with a powder foundation just to get myself extremely matte to control oils. That does not work now...AT ALL! 

I need a recommendation for a good hydrating, glowy finish foundation that has enough coverage for my redness but will not accentuate my dry/flaky patches or texture from the acne. 

I am currently been using Nars All Day Luminous and all though it had the coverage, it clings to my dry patches.

HELP. 😫😫😫

Re: Foundation For Retin A Skin

It is not a foundation, but I would recommend the Great Barrier Relief from Krave. It literally saves my face whenever it is super dry and has flaky patches. Also, I like to test different products every once in a while and some do not work for my sensitive skin. That is when the GBR comes in and saves the day. I believe Sephora does not sell Krave beauty. I bought it from its website and it is pure magic. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing