Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Eczema

I have severe eczema around my eyes and my mouth. Are there anything that would help the redness and dryness quickly? Thank you

Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray with Hypochlorous Acid 4 oz/ 120 mL 

Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer 

#eczema

Re: Eczema

good old petroleum jelly is great for around the eyes. it’s goopy yes… but totally safe and moisturizing 

@kwontokki @Graceeeeyy 

If your Eczema is severe I would suggest visiting your doctor first and consulting with a dermatologist. If you need medical grade creams, treatment etc..

None of us are doctors or dermatologist and getting professional help is what it may take to get it under control.

From my experience when it gets bad, I need professionally subscribed treatments. My skin barrier was so damaged, even the best skin care products out there wouldn't help me.

Once you get your flare up under control these new recommendations from everyone might be more helpful.

In the meant time,

Humidifiers are great if your environment at home is too dry.

Avoiding hot water and go to luke warm for washing. Hot water can dry out your skin.

Avoid scrubbing with a towel, but pat your skin dry instead after washing, to push the moisture back into your skin.

Moisturize while your skin is still damp and always moisturize after washing.

Know your triggers, certain soaps or environmental triggers etc.. and avoid.

Stay hydrated

Personally CeraVe or Skinfix or Bioderma work when my skin is red and sensitive. 

I hope this helps 💙

@kwontokki The two you suggested will definitely help. The main ingredient in that spray helps calm irritated skin and is also anti-microbial. The cream has ceramides, which can help with repair.

For around your mouth, a lip mask can help. If there’s an Asian beauty shop or you’re willing to shop online, search for COSRX ceramide lip mask. Another option that you can find at your local drug/grocery/department store is Blistex Deep Moisture Renewal lip balm. 

For eyes, I play it safe with something like Vaseline or Aquaphor. The skin there is so thin and sensitive and the eyes are right there, so it’s a little trickier to apply anything. The bright side is that you can apply as often as you want.

I would also suggest seeing your doctor or getting a consult with a dermatologist if you can. And don’t forget to hydrate from within! Drink plenty of water and use a humidifier in the room you spend most of your time in. Good luck! I hope you find relief soon!

Hi @kwontokki and @Graceeeeyy - take a look at this thread (sorry, can't get it to come up as a named link):

https://community.sephora.com/t5/K-Beauty/Eczema/m-p/6736743

@JoSometimesis brilliant at recommendations for eczema and dryness. 😊

There are also some specific eczema products on the Sephora site - just search for eczema on the store side of the website and you'll see what I mean, such as Skinfix Eczema+ Care Kit and Topicals Like Butter Mask for Dry, Sensitive & Eczema-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Hope this helps. Good luck!

@Westcoasty Thanks for the tag! @CynthieLu is also a good one to bring in for reinforcements.

Thank you for the tag @JoSometimes 💙

Thanks for responding, @JoSometimes  and @CynthieLu ! I didn't know you had eczema, CynthieLu - just dry skin. Your complexion always looks great in photos.

Thank you 🙏 😊. @Westcoasty I battle with Eczema and Rosacea mostly on my hands and my nose, seasonally it seems to effect my cheeks and eyes and legs.

I have gotten to know my triggers, what to avoid etc .. but come full dry cold winter time it feels pretty unavoidable.

I grew up just dealing with it but over three last few years I started taking much better care of my skin and it's been soooo much better. 💙

@CynthieLu   Sounds a bit like me when I finally started taking care of my hair! It used to be a frizzy mess. Now I find myself thinking how pretty it looks, and my dad remarked the other day on how my hair looked so long. I think this is the longest it's ever been, likely due to less breakage. So I get it - funny how we think it's just how things are, and then discover that some TLC can make a big difference!

You got it bang on! @Westcoasty. 😊 💕

C08341C9-1709-470D-8E3A-F684C99C402C.jpeg

My eczema is super bad this year and when I put on my moisturizer it stings. It doesn’t really work. Can anyone please recommend me a moisturizer that you think is the best for eczema?

I’m so sorry you have to go through this @Graceeeeyy. I’m in the same boat as you. What moisturizer are you currently using? Avoid anything with scents or dyes. They usually irritate the most. Stick with no-nonsense prodcuts like Vaseline/Aquaphor, especially as your top layer. Galaxal Base is pretty effective too and no-nonsense as well. It’s often used to compound eczema medication to make it easier to spread on affect areas and provide much needed moisture retention but it’s still good on its own without the medication. Looking at yours, you definitely want to keep that moisturized but also clean to prevent infection.

Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray with Hypochlorous Acid 4 oz/ 120 mL can help with acute irritation and calm your skin down. Skinfix Eczema+ Extra Strength Body Cream 8 oz/ 236 mL would be good on top. Aveeno and Vaseline also have great options if you’d rather shop at the drugstore. Grab ones that have oatmeal in them. 

if it stings, you may have broken your skin barrier pretty deep and it’s inflamed. Definitely see your doctor or a dermatologist if you can, especially if you notice any weeping, pus, or any sort of wet discharge. That would mean it’s infected.

Colloidal oatmeal baths can also help sooth the irritation. You can buy packs but it’s really easy to make your own for less. Take a cup of unflavoured oats and blend then into a fine powder and sprinkle into your bath water. 

And check out What works? 💜 Eczema, Rosacea, Psoriasis and Redness Support 

@JoSometimes

Thank you so much !!!!

i am currently using Cerave moisturizing cream, it says that it’s approved by the eczema society.

i have a friend who’s brother has it on his legs and apparently you get black spots if it stays to long 

I will try the products that you suggested, thanks again!!!!!

@Graceeeeyy Black spots? It sounds like scarring from abrasion (scratching) to the point it becomes a wound and starts bleeding. I know how hard it is to resist, but avoid scratching that hard if at all possible. Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray with Hypochlorous Acid 4 oz/ 120 mL is really helpful for calming skin down when it becomes that itchy. 

And CeraVe is actually pretty good. If you feel like you need more, you can layer products together. Just go in order from thinnest to thickest consistency. 

First aid beauty. Both the lotion and the cleanser. You want a gentle cleanser and an thick lotion especially during winter months.

First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 

Thank you @Nat65 

I will try your recommendations too

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 37 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • C08341C9-1709-470D-8E3A-F684C99C402C.jpeg
testing