Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry skin and lips plz help

Hi guys idk about you but no matter what time of year it is I have really dry skin.I am wondering if any of yall have some good recommendations for me.I also always have really really dry lips so I would also like some recommendations for that to.👄🙂

Re: Dry skin and lips plz help

@TaytayMcMillan you have some good recs here.   I second TO facial oil and the Aquaphor.  When I want a rich moisturizer I use Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer .  A more affordable option might be Vanicream.

Dry skin girl here! 👋 I would love to know what your using now in your am/pm routines to help recommend the most helpful things for you @TaytayMcMillan 

Do you have any skin conditions or sensitivities?

I will say tapping your lips with water, not salvia, before putting on any lip treatments like Aquaphor, Laniege etc.. is really helpful. 

I own a lot of lip products, but to be completely honest, the most effective overnight solution for me is just plain ol' Aquaphor. The key thing is to put your facial moisteriser ontop of your lips, and put the Aquaphor on top! My friend thought it was gross, but it really works for me lol. 

I do own & enjoy the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original, but I personally found that it dried my lips out over time. Some of my friends love it, though! Results always vary 🙂

I recently got the Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine, and I've had good results so far! I can't give you a whole review because I haven't use it long enough though 😞

I really like using the Laneige lip mask as just a regular lip balm throughout the day! It keeps my lips hydrated. Also, for your skin, I like layering a facial oil over my moisturizer at night. The Ordinary has a rose hip oil that I’ve heard is good!

@TaytayMcMillan do you exfoliate at least on e a week? What is your skincare routine? Do

you use a hydrating mist, hyaluronic acid, essence catered for dry skin?

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing