Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Dry Skin

Cleanser starting to burn

I have been using Cetaphil cleanser for over a month with no problem, however, now when I put it on my skin, it starts to burn. So I am thinking about switching to something more simpler. I was looking at the Koh De Gen cleansing water, or any suggestions you guys have!

Re: Cleanser starting to burn

I actually use the same one and now its starting to burn!! I've been using it a month, maybe two or three? On and off. I've switched to using it once a week (it helps with the random cystic acne I used to get), and using the Clarisonic daily with the cleanser it comes with. Highly recommend! No burning, and my skin feels/looks great afterwards! I have tried the KDG and I do like it, as well as Orgins!Smiley Happy I use all of those weekly to bi-weekly depending on what I need for my skin that week! Smiley Happy

Cetaphil & my skin did not get along Smiley Sad 

The KGD cleansing water is more of a makeup remover than an actual cleanser. It's good to use if you double cleanse; take of your makeup with the KGD, then wash your face with a cleanser. 

Hmm since you had the same cleanser problems, do you have that you could recommend?

It depends on what you want out of your cleanser. 

I've been a fan of the Ren ClearCalm3 cleanser for a while now. 

and recently I caved & tried a BT favorite; Anthony Logistics Glycolic Cleanser (It's available as a 100 pt perk still http://www.sephora.com/bi-100-pt-P124402?skuId=456327 ), & I know know what all the hype is about. It cleans my face, doesn't foam, is milky, and leaves my skin so soft. 

i recommend cleansing with a mix of castor oil and olive oil.  I use it with my clarisonic and just wash the clarisonic head afterwards with soap.  After cleansing, i wash my face with only water to take off some of the oil on my face and pat my face dry.  Castor oil is great because it's not super greasy and grease up everything if you have a thin even layer on your skin Smiley Happy

OMG this has been happening to me for about 2 week now. It is really buring my face up. It turns all red and gets itchy. It  actually hurts. I have used Cetaphil for years with no problem so I kept thinking that it could be that but now I am starting to wonder. Nothing has changed in my skin care routine.

Oh ya I actually just ordered the FirstAid beauty cleanser to try. I should be getting that in any day. I have never used there products before.

I have tried that cleanser before, and I liked it. But I don't know why, it didn't last long for me, I think it was because I used with my clarisonic. But weird that multiple people have had the same problems with cetaphil.

I have extremely sensitive skin, and I experience that burning sensation with quite a few cleansers. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is fairly expensive, but it never irritates my skin. I double cleanse like dannyc mentioned as well, but I use Bioderma instead of the KGD water.

I was looking at that cleanser as well, but like you said, sort of expensive. But I may have to bite the bullet!

The bigger tube lasts forever, plus there are smaller, cheaper tubes if you just want to give it a try!

I think they may have changed the Cetaphil formula as I've used this for years & never had a problem but lately yah a bit so stopped using it. I went to the Olay Total Effects cream cleanser until I can decide on something else. So far so good.

I think I will stop by Sephora and get a sample of the Fresh Cleanser. My face is so super sensitive. I actually scheduled an appoint with my Derm on Wednesday. I am going to ask about the Cetaphil issue I am having. I will let you all know what she says.

O please update me on what your derm says, because I noticed in my derm's office a bowl of cetaphil samples...

I have Cetaphil, and it also burns my face sometimes.  I thought it was just me but it looks like I'm in good company.  I also like the Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser, but it doesn't have a good review on cosmeticscop.com, so I can't rationalize buying it.

Paula's Choice doesn't like a lot of products, except her own Smiley Tongue Unless you have really sensitive skin & are allergic to everything under the sun, then I'd take her reviews with a grain of salt. 

And I just checked, it got a "good" review. She only likes Cetaphil, Neutrogena & her own cleansers because she thinks everything gets wasted down the drain. True to an extent. I use Anthony Logistics Glycolic cleanser which she hates. I tried it because so many girls here on BT are obsessed with it. I'm glad I didn't listen to Paula, because it's a wonderful cleaner & I'm much happier with it than I was with Cetaphil. 

I got a bunch of samples from Paula's Choice recently, and my overall impression is that:

They don't work as well as my favorites from other companies that she rates terribly.

They smell awful. Terrible. To the point where I wouldn't care if they cured my acne permanently, they smell THAT bad.

I have really sensitive skin and am allergic to a lot of things, and I still take her reviews with a grain of salt. There are loads of things that she hates and says are packed with irritating ingredients, but are some of the few things that I can put on my face. Everyone's skin is different, so I usually do a patch test with things that I think might be suitable. If I listened to her reviews, I STILL wouldn't have a moisturizer that I could use regularly, and now I have two!

I definitely agree. When I first started into skincare, I would read her reviews because I had heard a lot about her through media. But everything was like, "oh there is one ingredient that may irritate everybody's skin, so it gets a poor rating", or that same ingredient is in another product, and then says, "oh there is not enough of it for benefits". Ugh so I just stopped listening to her, and everything she said to avoid, helped my skin more!

I know.  Whenever I read her reviews you can tell she's kind of cheap because she hates on everything, even things I think are amazing. 

missey1973 I too would be interested in what your dermatologist has to say.

I will post back on here Wednesday after I have my appointment and pass on everything the Dr. tells me.  I have stopped using the Cetaphil and my clarisonic but now it seems not matter what I try it seems to burn. I think my face needs to heal.

I had this problem and my derm told me to use CeraVe hydrating cleanser. The ceramides are suppose to help the skin repair itself and for taking off my make-up I use Bioderma  Crealine.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted

Okay ladies I went to my derm Wednesday and really didnt get a lot out of it. When I asked about the Cetaphil issue I was having she just told me that our body chemistries change. She says that can affect how we react to certain products. Her advice was not to use it if it bothers me. She gave me a perscription for Oracea and Mirvaso. I have never used either of these products before.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 39 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.jpg