Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Dry flakey skin around nose

86E86B50-257A-4BB1-ADF2-2EF35C2567F8.jpeg

188CF5E0-F521-433A-8C06-9C9DAA497382.jpeg

I have had this issue for months where on the right side of my nose it’s always super dry and will even get extremely flakey. I can provide a picture below 😅 I’ve tried cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing and oils and nothing seems to do the trick 

Re: Dry flakey skin around nose

hiii! ive delt with this aswell, i recommend using aquaphor during nightly skincare in the spots that are super dry, it worked really well for me!

@Lilyr982 I’m sorry you’re going through some irritation. @Ispend2much6‘s suggestion of hydrocortisone cream might help. You can get low dose versions over the counter at your local pharmacy. Use it sparingly as it can potentially thin out the skin wherever you apply it. If you find it helpful, consult with your doctor about what it might have been and how to deal with it in the future. Keep these photos and let them know what you tried. 

Other products that might help are Tower 28 Beauty Mini SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 1 oz/ 30 mL The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 

Both target redness and might help with the inflammation you’re experiencing.

One last option at least for dealing with symptoms is Blistex lip medix. It’s meant for lips but its cooling sensation might help bring you a little relief. If it doesn’t, just keep it as a nice lip balm. 

I hope you find relief soon!

@Lilyr982  I'm sorry you have to deal with that rash; it looks tender.

Whenever I have an irritation, I try three creams to see if any of them heal the rash: Neosporin, an antifungal cream, or hydrocortisone cream.  Not all at once, but one at a time.

I hope you're better soon!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • 86E86B50-257A-4BB1-ADF2-2EF35C2567F8.jpeg
  • 188CF5E0-F521-433A-8C06-9C9DAA497382.jpeg
testing