Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

💋💋💋

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Thanks for the swatches and reviews, very helpful as we consider this brand (which I have not yet tried as of yet!)! @WinglessOne 

Glad it helps, @sister13 ! If I had to recommend just one product by Glossier, it'd be Cloud Paint. Pretty sure it's the first Glossier product I ever tried (don't recall when that was... 2018 or 2019, I think?), and it's still my favorite thing they make. 

I've gotten questions from several folks in my skin tone range and deeper about how each shade looks on deeper skin tones and how long they wear throughout the day. I kept saying I'd swatch each shade I owned. Then Glossier launched 2 or 3 new shades that I promptly bought, and I kept forgetting to swatch everything together. I'm happy to finally do that. 🙂 

Great to know! I know you’ve extolled their virtues in other posts. It’s so satisfying to see them all together! @WinglessOne 

Nars Caludette lipsticks anyone? I'm still figuring out my feelings on the new finish of the line, the sheer matte, they feel soft but are VERY sheer which is going to take some getting use to from NARS.

20201220_115749.jpg

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Just stopping in to say hello from Korea. Sadly, my in store purchases here don't build points on the U.S site so I look far less active than I am. I'm early just stopping in to say hello to fellow makeup lovers with deeper hues. I, also, should note that they have a full range of foundation shades in the foundations they carry at this Sephora now. Anyways, happy holidays to one and all. Pic below is me getting ready since we can go out* due to our precautions. *Out = only where I live in a protected community and not over a certain number and specific protocols are in place. Bars, clubs, spas, etc. are not open to us.

@HazelEyedQueen , hey hey!  You look great.  Precautions are whomp-whomp, but MUCH better than what's happening over here, so there's that.  Also glad to hear about the foundations.  

Melt Cosmetics x Beetlejuice anyone?

Screenshot_20201119-220820_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20201119-220804_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20201119-221919_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20201119-221838_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20201119-221818_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20201119-221944_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20201119-221718_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20201119-221643_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20201119-221752_Video Player.jpg

@sprockettaI think this a palette you have been eyeing.

Love it @IttyxBittyxMe !  Thanks for the swatches!!

@IttyxBittyxMe Nice swatches!  They look gorgeous on you. 

@IttyxBittyxMe @So gorgeous. Thanks for the swatches and looks 

Thank you! ❤️ Melt is one of my favorite brands so I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

@IttyxBittyxMe @How would you rate everything because the eyeshadows and lipsticks didn’t get great reviews on Temptalia. 

Seriously?! I wonder why. The shadows from both palettes can be a little staining but over all highly pigmented and easy to blend. The liquid lips do stain the lips something serious but leave behind the most beautiful color afterwards. I was super tired but here's a look i did with the more red based palette.

20201119_220529.jpg

@IttyxBittyxMe @It looks really good on you. She said the Matte lipsticks were too drying and the palettes had colors that overlapped. People were complaining that they could have fit everything in one palette. She said that there was inconsistencies with the palettes regarding the formula. She also said Lost souls was hard to work with. 

Per the brand, Recently Deceased, Lost Souls, Little Accident, and Bio Exorcist are Pressed Pigments and “are not approved by the FDA and Melt Cosmetics for use on the eyes.”

Ahhhh, the matte lips are drying but that's honestly Melt's formulas. They're called 'ultra matte lips' and the aren't kidding, you have to exfoliate and properly moisturize before hand or your lips are in for a doozy. 

I don't really feel like there were palette colors that overlapped, at least between these two palettes. I don't have all of the Melt Palettes but the ones I do have the colors are still pretty unique (minus the black of course but the emerald green in Lost Souls is EVERYTHING). In terms of difficult to work with, I found it to be really easy to work with. I did a look the day after I did a look with The Waiting Room, didn't take a picture though, and found it to be very pigmented and easy to blend.  As far as fitting everything into one palette...I mean yeah they could have, but the same thing could have been said with last years release of the Amor Eterno. I think it's nice for the people who prefer one set of colors over the other but that's a to each their own thing and I get that.

@IttyxBittyxMe Thanks for your reviews on it.

E66550F3-DE50-4C16-A579-4EB3E1FF389E.jpeg

75C6774F-FDB9-4080-8E82-DB3749B0A429.jpeg

 Here is the new Pat McGRATH highlighter. It’s frosty but I’m going to use it on eyes or lightly accent my face. 

@KNC24 I think you can make it work! In the demo on PMG's IG I saw her build it up slowly and sort of buff it in and it just looked like glass on the skin. Definitely post a picture if you try it!

@makeitup305 I’ll have to use a fluffy brush and have a light had or it’s gonna go left really quick. 

@KNC24 maybe it'll be better under blush? Tag me if you post a picture ! 🙂

1,121 Replies
testing