Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

💋💋💋

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

I saw this blush palette at my Sephora the other day and I fell in love with the colors. Sadly it was too dark on me, but I think it would be absolutely fabulous on deeper skin tones. The white shade in the corner is supposed to be a "transformer” type shade (it has a strong gold reflect in person). If any of you ladies see it in store you should definitely give it a try. https://www.sephora.com/product/contour-blush-spice-market-blush-palette-P427367?skuId=1961978&icid2...

Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

I have this pallete! Swatches below! @IndyQT317 @makeitup305

I forgot to add, I'm really enjoying it so far!

Sephora Collection Spice Market Blush Palette swatched L-RSephora Collection Spice Market Blush Palette swatched L-R

IMG_0985.JPG

@ope590 You convinced me. Thank you for the swatches! I n...

@ope590 You convinced me. Thank you for the swatches! I need this blush pallette. Sephora Collection really has great products.

Re: @ope590 You convinced me. Thank you for the swatches! I n...

Happy to help! @IndyQT317

@ope590 glad you're enjoying it! The swatches look great!

Thanks, @makeitup305!

@makeitup305 This blush pallete does look like it will work for deeper skin tones. I like the varying shades and expect the pigmentation is there. Sephora collection generally has great products, just my personal opinion. Thanks for sharing! 

@IndyQT317 I agree. Sephora Collection has some true hidden gems.

@ELNene17 check out this group

👍 Thank u for the heads up, this thread is so needed &ap...

👍 Thank u for the heads up, this thread is so needed & appreciated cause that live try on feature is not cutting it

RE: 👍 Thank u for the heads up, this thread is so needed &ap...

@ELNene17 glad to help

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of Natasha Denona but I'm hoping these will help someone who may be interested. Sunset swatches posted previously, here are the Lila swatches 

Natasha Denona Lila PaletteNatasha Denona Lila Palette

Thanks @ ElleEelleG. Love the color range on this pallette.

Thanks @ ElleEelleG. Love the color range on this pallette.
Anonymous Insider

wait why aren't you a fan?

PSA...don’t trust the “live try on” feature in the Sephora app or at least keep in mind that it is providing a real general idea of how the product will actually look! I finally did a side by side photo comparison of the actual product vs. simulated one in the app. These pics show Pat McGrath mattetrance lipstick in OMI #107. As unflattering as the color looks in my photo with the real product I actually do like it with some liner on and applied more neatly. I just kind of slapped it on to see how far off the color was vs. the virtual try on. I’m interested in getting a new color from the line and don’t really feel like heading into the store to try it first so was happy to see the try on feature available for this line but it definitely adds some nonexistent warmth to the picture. I took both pics with the same lighting.

@bellinasf Wow, that's a big difference!  Is the top photo the virtual try on?

Yep the top is the virtual one @b3autygrl, totally different, right?!

Good to know @bellinasf !  I've never used that feature because I was afraid it'd be off.  Yet another reason this thread was needed.

@bellinasf  THe try on with their own models works a little bit better. I've definitely noticed discrepancies either way though!!!! 

RE: Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Thanks for the tip!

Cross post. 

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip CrayonMarc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon + NYX Espresso LinerMarc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon + NYX Espresso Liner

testing