Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

💋💋💋

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@KNC24 Nice highlighter.  Ive never tried her highlighter's. 

@KNC24 , ooh she is frosty 😶!  It might work as a corner/inner highlight with shadow work, too.

Thanks for the swatch.

@danielledanielle @I’m going to have use a very fluffy brush to diffuse this really good. But she is frosty.  

Yes. It's another Coloured Raine post. I can't really get excited about shadows like I used to. There are a couple that I keep looking at (mainly while stalking FieldsOfClover's IG). so there are a couple more palettes I may buy. That said, my last purchase was the new CR Juicy Boost palette. They sent me a PR package so I sent my two most loyal followers the books. I'm playing in this palette and I'm pretty happy with the layout, smoothness, pigmentation and blendability. I like that the colors come together well. I do think that is easier now that I have a collection because. I don't know that I would travel with just this palette by itself.

You look flawless! @HazelEyedQueen 

thank you so much! I appreciate it!

thank you so much! I appreciate it!

@HazelEyedQueen Gorgeous. 

thank you so much.

thank you so much.

It's the color for me! Come thru pigment! 😍

the pigment is always soooooo good.

the pigment is always soooooo good.

If you have Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish powder in the original shade 3 Deep, and you're wondering how the new shade 3 Tan compares (CT recently launched a new shade 4 Deep): I just posted my swatches in another thread so hey, why not share here as well! 

I've had the old shade 3 for quite some time. With the new shade 4 launch, it looks like shade 3 has been adjusted with a warmer (more yellow) undertone than the old "Deep" shade 3, which has more of a neutral undertone. I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen more of these comparisons online yet. I don't have the new shade 4, so I can't show you what it looks like compared to the original deep shade. 

Note that this is the Airbrush finishing powder, not the Airbrush bronzer. 

EB95E5FA-F59B-4724-BDF6-008EAE210D8D_1_201_a.jpeg162C1D10-2CCD-43CD-ABB9-B70B7D89A9B1_1_201_a.jpeg62A9D2EA-0578-4A2D-92E7-9618DF9433F3_1_201_a.jpeg

Y'all, I'm always talking about their eyeshadow but I never mention their lashes! Coloured Raine isn't sponsoring my posts. I purchased these. I've purchased their lashes a few times but always forget to talk about them. Initially, I thought they'd be "too much" for my look but they're not overbearing at all. they're full but light. I love how whispy the Glamazon are. I use Pür adhesive as Coloured Raine didn't have their own glue and Pür sends to be the only one that holds lashes down on my inner lid. I'm just in love with this.

I purchased from Ayele & Co and thought I'd share the swatches here. My favorites from the purchase are the highlighters. The shadows are pigmented but, still, soft colors on my skin. The highlighters are "pow". the Shaheed would need to be built up and may need a white base. But, that's also comparing them to Coloured Raine as I tend to do with eyeshadow.

@HazelEyedQueen Great colors.

Did any of you receive the "re-vamped" Sephora Collection Brush collections (2.0?)? I did and I'm wanting to compare notes, if possible. They were gifts and haven't gone live so I can't review them online just yet but I've used them and want to see/hear other opinions as well. I will say, I don't hate them and a few will stay in constant rotation. I.e., price point, brush performance, e.t.c.

@HazelEyedQueen  Yep, you’ll find several reviews in The Gratis Thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/The-Gratis-Thread/td-p/4747081

Here’s my very detailed review of the brushes I’ve tested so far: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/The-Gratis-Thread/m-p/5219977#M376871

Summary: the 19 crease brush is easily my favorite of the bunch, and the best synthetic crease brush I’ve ever used on my hooded eyes. I also like the 15 shadow, though it’s not as precise as I’d like (it lacks a flattened narrow dome; it reminds me a lot of a Luxie shader). The 96 blush is good, though not as good as my beloved Chikuhodo Z-4 cheek brush—and that might be an unfair comparison anyway. 😄 I hate the 57 concealer. The 79 contour applies highlighter and buffs Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders much better than I expected. (I don’t contour my face, so I used this brush as a mini version of the 59 powder instead; they’re basically the same shape and density.) The 14 shadow is pretty good. The 20 brow might be good with gel pot eyeliner; I still need to test that. Haven’t tried it for its intended purpose because I always use brow pencil, not brow powder. 

I also took some photos comparing these new brushes to a few others in my collection: 

Spoiler
Lots of eye shaders.Lots of eye shaders.Sephora Pro 14 and MAC 217 blender.Sephora Pro 14 and MAC 217 blender.Side profile of Sephora Pro 14 vs. MAC 217 blender.Side profile of Sephora Pro 14 vs. MAC 217 blender.New 59 hasn’t finished unfurling (un-brushguarding) itself; old 59 is misshapen due to a brush guard mishap.New 59 hasn’t finished unfurling (un-brushguarding) itself; old 59 is misshapen due to a brush guard mishap.Side profile of Sephora Pro 14 vs. 2 other shaders.Side profile of Sephora Pro 14 vs. 2 other shaders.Side profile of Sephora Pro 14 vs. Sonia G Worker Pro.Side profile of Sephora Pro 14 vs. Sonia G Worker Pro.Foundation brushes: 2 Sephora PROS (old vs. new), a Chikuhodo, and a Koyudo.Foundation brushes: 2 Sephora PROS (old vs. new), a Chikuhodo, and a Koyudo.Blush brushes: Sephora PRO, my favorite cheek brush ever (Chikuhodo Z-4), and a mini MAC cheek from a set.Blush brushes: Sephora PRO, my favorite cheek brush ever (Chikuhodo Z-4), and a mini MAC cheek from a set.Crease brushes: Sephora PRO, 2 Wayne Goss, and a Sonia G.Crease brushes: Sephora PRO, 2 Wayne Goss, and a Sonia G.

What are your thoughts on them so far? You could also leave a detailed review in the Gratis Thread; I’m sure others would love to see your feedback! And congrats on receiving this gratis package! 

@SportyGirly125  D’oh, you beat me to posting the thread link. 😄 It’s been fun reading other people’s reviews of these brushes. 

Thank you!

Thank you!

Y'all know how I am about Coloured Raine. She just released her Book of Shadows and I wish I could share my video but pictures will have to do. It holds 72 shadows and is magnetic. It's made me take a look at the amount of eyeshadows I have and which I've neglected. it'll make it easier for me to see them and use them. *The shadows do not come with the book.

@HazelEyedQueen Beautiful colors

4 Replies
testing