Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

💋💋💋

Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Welcome back @KNC24, hope you had a great trip!!

RE: Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@ElleElleG I had a great time. I’m sad cause I missed the makeup forever Master class for the second time. The reward dropped while I was in Jamaica.

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

I need to vent and this just seemed like the safest place to do it! I find it so annoying to receive samples that are not for use on my complexion nor that of even 2 shades around it!! Most recently I received (unsolicited 🙄) a sample of YSL Magic Wand that does in fact show on its attached postcard that the product line does include “deep shades” however not one of those shades was included with the samples even though 3 different shade samples were included!! Do our fairer complected sisters ever receive a sample that only include dark shades??? Doubt it. Okay, rant complete.

I actually have the same problem in the opposite directio...

I actually have the same problem in the opposite direction. None of the complexion samples are ever light enough for my pale-as-milk skin. I think they try to include the best-selling or most common shades, and that excludes those of us at either end of the spectrum. It sucks.

Re: I actually have the same problem in the opposite directio...

"Best-selling" is kind of a circular problem, too. People are less likely to buy a product if they never get a chance to test it.

This is one of the things that annoys me with the program...

This is one of the things that annoys me with the program. I've posted about something similar. I was receiving orders that either didn't have samples or didn't have all of them. Then, those samples wouldn't be what I picked. I'm deliberate with my choices as not everything matches my skin or works on my hair. I was getting KVD setting sprays and shampoos that I wouldn't have requested. One shampoo actually tangled my hair. MY HAIR HAS NEVER BEEN TANGLED. Nappy? Yes. Tangled? No. I'm, honestly, afraid to order online anymore because of that and the issues with shipping. I kept getting points as apologies but the issue wasn't fixed. They have even sent me someone else's information! They need to fix this system. (The picture attached shows no samples and incorrect customer info.)

@ElleElleG apparently it's happening when it comes from a...

@ElleElleGapparently it's happening when it comes from a certain distro center. Some are claiming that they're seeing samples for sale online shortly after they become available to customers. Hopefully, the powers that be will look into it and address it.

Re: @ElleElleG apparently it's happening when it comes from a...

@HazelEyedQueen I suspected as much, because I was able to tell what distro center your box was set from just by seeing the photo of how it was packed. I hope they're able to resolve these things sooner rather than later 😒

Re: @ElleElleG apparently it's happening when it comes from a...

It's crazy. I'm still nervous about ordering online. I ordered through JCP for the lava. Luckily, it wasn't horrible but, then, you don't get samples or your two day shipping. 

Re: This is one of the things that annoys me with the program...

Ugh I've had a package delivered to me with the proper information on the box but the packing slip and products of someone else's order; incredibly frustrating.  I'm wondering if they are doing some major revamp of the distribution centers which may account for the increase of these mishaps at the moment 🤔

That's a bummer. I just added this sample to my purchase...

That's a bummer. I just added this sample to my purchase today in hopes to try the deeper shade. Disappointed...

I have a strict no-complexion sample policy. The chance that it is a shade in or around my skin tone is unlikely. I think as expectation and colour ranges have expanded, it is no longer feasible to provide pre-made foundation samples. I'm happy to go in store and try colours/get samples, BUT that expectation should apply to all skin tones, not just darker tones.

Completely understand that frustration @bellinasf !! There has to be a way to filter samples to better fit the order/customer it's going to.  It's the same thing when companies offer samples of lipstick that only work on fairer skin tones, like what's the point of sending that mess to me? Le sigh.

Right?! There has to be a better way. Would really be helpful if Sephora could at least just send the samples that I actually select. I purposefully never choose those foundation, concealer, etc...samples if I can already see in the pic that a dark/deep color isn’t included. It’s like if you’re gonna swap out my selected sample choice at least send something that isn’t skin tone specific🤷🏾‍♀️. Ughh

Re: RE: Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

I purposely bypass those samples as well @bellinasf !  I'm pretty sure they have some system as far as how they add samples to orders so verifying the complexion samples they add are close to the details provided by the customer should not be so difficult.  Or as you mentioned, don't include samples related to skin tone at all.

I understand too. Even with the deluxe samples it’s rarely deep tone samples. I feel like now some brands are catering to deep tones cause of Rihanna’s success with fenty. (I. E tarte).

Re: RE: Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@KNC24  Brands have shown their complete behind following the Fenty release.  Can't complain (or boast) now about catering to skin tones just to get that money because most of us with darker hues are fully aware of the lack of interest displayed prior to Fenty.

Lord Tarte.  I had 0 interest in them previously because of what they failed to offer and this was just the icing on the cake.  What has been interesting though is seeming people temporarily jump on the lack of a diverse line bandwagon only to hop right off when it was time to look at other brands/new product releases.

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Swatches of the Pat McGrath Mothership II Sublime Palette 

Mothership II SublimeMothership II Sublime

Sublime SwatchesSublime Swatches

***Love this one as I can easily get use out of it everyday.

Both pallettes are beautiful. I enjoy more warmer tones t...

Both pallettes are beautiful. I enjoy more warmer tones too and could reach for this pallette quicker. However, both are gorgeous. The pigmentation!

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Becca Ocean Jewel Collection makeover. The metallic swatches show up inconsistently. I loved the pallette though.

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

There are some beautiful shades within that palette, thanks for sharing @IndyQT317 !!

4 Replies
testing