Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@darkiceis  Thanks, dollface!!! I'll post more swatches and/or looks as I collect the others! 

That is gorgeous on you @mermadelove

Thanks @PrettyPaint  !!!!  It really does look richer and more gorgeous IRL!!!! I wish I took better pics but the only place I get awesome lighting is in my CAR!!!!

You have me reconsidering these prismatic multi sticks @mermadelove !  I love how this looks on you!

@ElleElleG  I love Bite. HAnds down my favorite lippie. These prismatic pearl multisticks are so much smoother than the matte ones I was in shock. I am definitely planning to get others!!! LOVE!!!!!

Oh that's definitely good to know!  The dryness of the regular multi sticks is the precise reason these weren't on my radar.  I'll give them a swatch next time I'm in store ๐Ÿ˜ƒ @mermadelove

@ElleElleG Yeah I agree. The other multisticks I'll use on my face and eyes, but I don't like to use them on my mouth either, but I will in a pinch! 

THis lippie looks WAY better IRL! I took a bad pic up there with my 5:30am migraine brain!!! It wore beautifully all day on my lips, but like @fieldsofclover previously reported, it creased on my eyes, even with primer. 

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Nice holographic @mermadelove!!!

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Love love LOVE this thread!!

Thanks @RachelBT !!  Hoping we can fill it up with swatches, etc over time!

@RachelBT Isn't it wonderful!?

@bellinasf it truly is ๐Ÿ˜ 

Huda Beauty Smokey Obsessions Palette 

IMG_20180108_160655_564.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about Huda but I'll give her credit for this palette. In comparison to all the other obsession palettes this is by far the creamiest and most pigmented! 

@ElleElleG so pretty! some of them look almost pinkish. this pic made me look at the rest and now i'm interested in the mauve one. any swatches?

Hi @BrwnSugaG !  I do not have any personally but if I come across some on deeper skin tone (or if I am in store anytime soon and can do some) I'll share them ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@ElleElleG thanks - don't go out of your way tho! i totally don't need to buy anything ๐Ÿ™‚

I have the mauve obsessions, I can swatch it for you tomorrow if you are still interested. 

I had the warm obsessions but returned it. the only color...

I had the warm obsessions but returned it. the only color that swatched anything close to a dream was the center metallic color. I was thinking about the electric one. BUT I couldn't justify buying it if I already have the electric palette from UD.

Re: I had the warm obsessions but returned it. the only color...

The warm obsessions seems to be the dud of the four palettes.  Of all the reviews I have watch/read it's pretty consistent which is sad.

@ElleElleG Whoa these are some beautiful swatches. Thanks for making this thread it was really needed. 

2 Replies
testing