Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Makeup Shade???

Hi, so it's been about two years since I've been wearing makeup and I seem to be running into issues. I've stuck with the same makeup brand that a Sephora employee suggested to me. I am too scared to switch. I feel like my makeup matches me but, it doesn’t. I currently am wearing the shade 430w concealer and foundation from Rare Beauty. In certain lightings for the most part my makeup matches; however when I wear makeup in certain areas of my face it's noticeable where I am wearing makeup. The makeup makes me look deep yellow, without makeup I do have a lot of red undertones so, the areas I am not wearing makeup look red. Or sometimes when I am applying makeup I feel yellow but, as mentioned in certain lightings my makeup looks fine. I’m just really confused. I don't like wearing makeup everywhere on my face, so I need a foundation/concealer that won't make it too obvious. I want it to look effortless and natural. I just have no clue where to start. 

Tags:

Re: Makeup Shade???

@Eli6 

Would you be comfortable in going in for another shade match and requesting samples to try out?  That way you can test foundation out, without feeling like your makeup doesn't match you.  Make sure they swatch your neck, too and walk outside.

If not, Sephora has a sample pack to purchase, and for the $10 spend, you get a voucher for that amount to use toward any foundation, not just the samples.  Sephora Favorites Foundation Try-On Sample Bag With Redeemable Voucher 

You can also try to color correct.  That takes a little more trial and error.  So, you noted the foundation was too yellow, so depending on your undertone, you might need a blue or purple pigment to correct.  (Blue would be if you're olive toned) L.A. girl has several pigments.

Thank you so much!!! I’ll definitely try going for another sampling at Sephora and try buying the sample pack. Thanks for your advice❣️

You're welcome! @Eli6 , may you find your holy grail this time!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing