Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

gift card not working for online purchase

I'm getting "Unable to place your order. Please verify that your card information and billing address are correct." - billing address should not apply as I'm trying to use a SEPHORA GIFT CARD!

Re: gift card not working for online purchase

I have a gift card and I keep getting the exact same message.

"Unable to place your order. Please verify that your card information and billing address are correct.

If applicable, we have reversed any pending charges to your account."

It makes no sense I have sufficient funds and all my info is correct.

The same thing was just happening to me. I saw I had my debit card on the account as a past saved payment method. Once I removed that card I was able to checkout using only my gift card. 

@naattttttttt It looks like a credit card may have also been applied and your financial institution is not allowing the charge to go through. If you are only using a gift card, please contact us via phone at 1-877-737-4672 or via our live chat so we can further assist. Thanks! 

Hello I bought a gift card for my girlfriend and it says invalid. I have a picture of the card. I threw out receipt by accident. I have a bank statement to show proof of payment. Can you lead me to someone that can help me? Thank you!

@rd2024 Oh no! I'm sending you a PM. 

The same thing is happening to me. I applied two giftcards and it says its taking off money off the total, but the estimated total still comes out to the same price. 

Hi @sk1798,

The order total will not change, but you will see how much of the total is being covered by the gift card.

Best,

Laurie

Can you assist me as well, as I have a wee bit left on card-nothing stupendous-but system is telling me balance is 0. Thank you. 

Hi @Edsmom Oh no! I'll send you a PM. 

This same thing is happening to me

Please let me know wheat I can do to make my gift card work 

@mlg4 I'll send you a PM to gather more information.

This is also happening. I just left a Sephora where it was declined, but I show I have funds available!

@AZmel76 I'll send you a PM to further assist.

I'm currently experiencing an issue. I attempted to purchase an e-gift card for a friend, entered all the information and clicked place order; I received a transaction declined message and told me to try again. However, my bank account was still charged, and there's no evidence of the e-gift card purchase in the app or my email. 

@Pausha If you are purchasing an eGift, it would be processed through Cashstar.  I recommend contacting Cashstar directly by phone at (866) 286-1262 between 8am and 12am (eastern time) or via email at SephoraGiftcardSupport@cashstar.com for more information. 

@NBam I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM

same is happening to me 

@xemiher Oh no! I will send you a PM. 

Hello I don't know what to do I've tried to purchase some things on your online store the card I have said it has money on it but when I go to enter card number and pin it doesn't work and says I have tried too many times and I am locked out I would like to make my purchase please get back to me when you can.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing