cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

Summer Bonus 2019 Thread Image.png

Clear your calendar, fill your basket, and get ready to shop because Summer Bonus is right around the corner. Here’s a breakdown of the event:

Rouge, you get first access to the event. This means you get 20% off some of the hottest beauty products in store and online before anyone else. But that’s not all—on Monday, 8/19, you can bring a friend in store and extend your Rouge discount. That’s 20% off for you and your friend when you shop in store.

Don’t worry VIB, you get to join Rouge Tuesday 8/20–Tuesday 8/27 to receive 15% off. Can’t wait to see you all there!

Want more details? Check our FAQs:

What is Summer Bonus promotion?

An exclusive event for Rouge and VIB—and the best excuse to splurge, replenish favorites, and start stocking up on summer newness.

What’s the offer?

Rouge get 20% off and VIB get 15% off. Plus, Rouge (we see you!) get to start saving a day before VIB.

What if I like to order online?

That’s cool. You can redeem the offer on both US and CA sites.

What’s my code to shop?

Rouge & VIB: SUMMERSAVE

Dates, please?

Rouge: Mon 8/19–Tues 8/27

Rouge & VIB: Tues 8/20­–Tues 8/27

Wait, why are the dates split?

As a benefit of top-tier membership, Rouge get first access to the promo.

I’m Rouge! Tell me about Bring a Friend, please.

We’re glad you asked. For one day only, Monday, 8/19, all Rouge clients get to bring a friend to shop with them in store only and share their 20% discount. Your friend has to be enrolled in the Beauty Insider program, and you both must be in store for your friend to receive 20% off.

Can I redeem the offer more than once?

If you forget something the first time around, don’t even stress. The offer can be used in store and online as many times as you want.

Is this offer available in Canada?

Yes!

What about Sephora inside JCPenney?

The offer is valid in Sephora inside JCPenney stores but not on jcp.com.

How long is the offer valid, exactly?

20% offer valid for Rouge members on merchandise purchases made from 8/19/19 through 8/27/19 at 11:59pm PT and 15% offer valid for VIB members on merchandise purchases made from 8/20/19 through 8/27/19 at 11:59pm PT in Sephora U.S. stores, Sephora Canada stores, Sephora inside JCPenney stores, and on sephora.com and sephora.ca. Offer not valid on jcp.com. On Monday, 8/19/19 in stores only, Rouge client and one guest of Rouge who is a member of the Beauty Insider program and is present at the time of redemption will be eligible for 20% off all merchandise purchases.

Are there any exclusions?

In one word, yes. In lots of words: The offer is not valid on The Ordinary products. Clients are limited to the purchase of one dyson-branded item, three Drunk Elephant items, five Morphe items, and three Tatcha items per SKU per transaction. Not valid on in-store services, previous purchases, purchases of gift cards or eGift cards, FLASH, PLAY! by Sephora, gift wrapping, packaging, taxes, or shipping & handling charges. No minimum purchase required. Sephora and JCPenney employees are not eligible for these offers. Sephora may modify or cancel offer at any time.

What if I want to return items I bought on sale?                      

It happens! Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Sephora is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen offer materials or barcodes. Offer has no cash value and may not be altered, sold, bartered or transferred.

Are there any shipping restrictions?

Due to heavy demand, Sephora FLASH delivery times cannot be guaranteed for this offer. Not valid on orders shipping outside the U.S. or Canada.

I’m Rouge and have a Rouge Reward. Can I combine my Rouge Reward with the Summer Bonus discount?

You will not be able to combine any other offers with the Summer Bonus discount, including Rouge Reward.

I am a Sephora Credit Card holder and have a Credit Card Reward and/or Credit Card first purchase discount of 15% off. Can I stack either offer with the Summer Bonus discount?

You will not be able to combine any other offer with the Summer Bonus discount, including Credit Card Rewards and discounts. To use the Summer Bonus discount instead of your Credit Card first purchase discount, just enter the promo code SUMMERSAVE at checkout. Your Credit Card first purchase discount will still be eligible on your account for you to apply to a purchase for up to 30 days from the approval date of your Sephora Credit Card or Sephora Visa Credit Card.

I am an Insider, do I get to participate in Summer Bonus?

Summer Bonus is for VIB and Rouge members ONLY. If you reach VIB or Rouge status before the event ends on 8/27 then you’ll be able to participate in Summer Bonus. Otherwise if you apply and get approved for our Sephora Credit Card or Sephora Visa Credit Card, you will receive 15% off to apply towards a purchase at Sephora 30 days from your approval date, when you use your new Sephora Credit Card or Sephora Visa Card.

Re: Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

Well, at least I found out why there was a message that I couldn't get my first time 15% discount... Doesn't explain why I couldn't use my Sephora card, which I was encouraged to enjoy shopping with. Then the biggest kick in the knee, after the size of my purchase, there was nothing about the Beauty Insider Event Summer Bonus!!! That 15% really would've been a great incentive and show what a "GREAT" place Sephora is. Now, I am wondering if my first purchase will be my last. There needs to be respect for customers. 

I still haven't gotten anything in the mail, in my email, or the app about this sale? Do I need anything physical to scan in stores? Or do they just need my account for the discount? 

@Kristii831 you can show them your Sephora card or give them your email address tied to your account to get the discount. 

Okay! Sounds good! Thank you!

Thanks for this!

As an aside, does anyone know if the November sale is still happening because we're having this summer sale?

RE: Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

Literally got no notification about this. No email, nothing in the app... nada.

Re: RE: Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

Hi @LoLoBunny,

I am sorry to hear this! Please note that you can use the code SUMMERSAVE in stores or online multiple times throughout the duration of this promotion. I hope that this helps and please send me a PM if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Best,

Zakiya

I have been a Rouge for the last few years and, whilst I get other promo emails regularly from Sephora, absolutely nothing regarding this sale....between the decline in good customer service in stores, better promos from various brands directly and now this, it seems Sephora really doesn’t value their customers as much these days. Considering what we have to spend in order to maintain the status....is it worth it?

I didn’t receive anything either and like you have been Rouge for years. The customer service  in store is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE and the phone reps are hit and miss. When I tweeted about not getting an email they sent me a link to this page. 

Hi @Bec2208,

I'm sorry for the confusion! We haven't sent emails to our clients regarding the Summer Bonus promo yet. But, they should be sent out in the near future! Please stay tuned to your emails. 🙂

Also, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the service you received in stores and our promotions. I'm sorry to hear there's been a decline in the service you've received! If you would like to share the details of your store experiences with me, please send me a private message. Thank you!

Always,

Danee

I didn't receive any mail for the sale, but with the email will my friend get to use my email to get the 20% off as well or do I need a physical voucher? She's VIB.

Hi @roses8!

We haven't sent emails regarding the Summer Bonus promo just yet! Please stay tuned to your emails as it should be sent out soon 🙂 Additionally, on Monday, 8/19, you can bring a friend to the store and you'll be able to share your 20% discount with them! Please just be sure to mention the promo at the cashwrap!

Always,

Danee

Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

Can't wait! Filling my cart so I'm ready! 😍

Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

Mac, Smashbox and other brands have 25% or 30% off event multiple times per year. Will Sephora consider to increase the % of the Vib Rouge discount during these sales event?

Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

thats crazy i never got a email or anything from sephora and i just placed 2 orders and they have my email i am really shocked they dropped the ball on this one

I didn't receive any email communication of this up comin...

I didn't receive any email communication of this up coming vib sales event as well but looks like no one received the promo email yet. You are not alone! 🙂

No one dropped the ball, @missnjof32 . As stated below, emails have not been sent out yet.

How come I never received an email about this? Ive been a rouge for a while and I used to receive emails. Now the emails I usually get are just "how was your purchase?" I dont even receive emails regarding new rewards. I had to learn about this sale from a makeup group I belong to.

Hi @lipstickpower,

I don't believe emails have not been sent out yet and I'm sorry for any misunderstanding! However, you can view all of the promotion details in this thread. I'll take a look at your subscription settings and will send you a PM shortly. Thank you!

Best regards,

Laurie 

I didn’t get any email either about this ☹️

41 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Summer Bonus 2019 Thread Image.png
testing