cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Holiday Savings Event 2021 FAQs

Holiday Savings Event 2021Holiday Savings Event 2021

Our Holiday Savings Event is here, and every Beauty Insider member gets a discount! Don’t forget—the higher your Beauty Insider tier, the bigger the savings and the more time you have to shop, so keep reading for all the details.

What is your Holiday Savings Event, and when is it?

Our Holiday Savings Event is a savings event where you (our Beauty Insider members) get a special discount just for being part of our loyalty program!

Rouge can shop early with their discount starting on Friday, November 5, while VIB can shop starting on Tuesday, November 9, and Insiders can shop starting on Thursday, November 11.

The higher the tier, the bigger the savings and the more time you have to shop:

Rouge members ($1,000 spent per year) get 20% off, VIB members ($350 spent per year) get 15% off, and Insiders (free to join!) get 10% off.

Rouge: We wanted to let you know that starting Friday, November 5, through Monday, November 15, you get first access to shop before everyone else with your 20% off (that means you’re getting our biggest discount of them all!). You can shop with your 20% off as many times as you like—just use code YAYHOLIDAY online.

VIB: You get 15% off Tuesday, November 9, through Monday, November 15. You can shop online as many times as you like. Just use code YAYHOLIDAY online. 

Insiders: You get 10% off Thursday, November 11, through Monday, November 15. You can shop online as many times as you like. Just use code YAYHOLIDAY online. 

In addition, all Beauty Insider Members will receive 30% off Sephora Collection from Friday November 5 through Monday November 15.

Have more questions? We’ve got answers!

Are there only going to be two seasonal savings events this year?

Our Beauty Insider program is offering one Spring and one Holiday seasonal savings event this year. We like to reward our clients with extra savings, so keep an eye on Community and sign up for our emails so you get the latest news on our upcoming savings opportunities.

I received a piece of communication that states different Holiday Savings Event dates—what are the true dates?

Rouge will be able to shop November 5 through November 15, VIB will be able to shop November 9 through November 15, and Insiders will be able to shop November 11 through November 15.

Are there any exclusions?

The promotion is not valid on The Ordinary, MAC Cosmetics VIVA GLAM products, Sephora Collection, in-store services, purchases on Instacart, Instagram Shopping, previous purchases, purchases of gift cards, FLASH, gift wrapping, packaging, taxes, shipping and handling charges, or on orders shipping outside the US or Canada. Limited to one dyson item, five Morphe items, and three tarte Shape Tape Concealer per SKU per transaction.

How do I get 30% off Sephora Collection?
In store and online, add any Sephora Collection merchandise to your basket, and the items will automatically be discounted. In store, mention the offer to a Beauty Advisor when you’re checking out—they’ll make sure you’re getting your discount.

Sephora at Kohl’s/kohls.com: 30% off Sephora Collection savings offered are discounts from Kohl’s “Regular” or “Original” prices. Discount is reflected in the price displayed.

Can I get 30% off Sephora Collection on top of my Holiday Saving discount?
Although discounts cannot be stacked and you won’t be able to get an extra discount on top of your 30% off Sephora Collection, you will be able to use your Holiday Savings discount on all other eligible merchandise and get your 30% off Sephora Collection offer in the same transaction.

Can I combine this promotion with other offers or promotions?

This promotion can be combined with our FREESHIP offer. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or rewards.

When will my order ship? Why does the status remain “In Progress”?

We are processing a higher volume of online orders than normal, resulting in order processing delays. The safety of our distribution center employees and our clients is our top priority, and the workforce safety precautions we have implemented at all our facilities allow for fewer people than usual to process orders at one time. Please allow a few additional days from the posted delivery date to allow for processing and carrier delays. You will receive an email if the delivery date is updated, as well as email confirmation once your order ships. If your order has been split into multiple shipments, you will receive additional shipment confirmation emails as the items continue to ship.

How can I get my order today instead of waiting for it to ship?

You can purchase your products online and get them in a store near you today! Visit sephora.com/beauty/in-store-pick-up for more details and information on how it works.

If I use the Buy Online Pickup in Store option and pick it up within five days, but after the Holiday Savings Event is over, do I still get my discount?

Yes! As long as you purchase your order no later than Monday, November 15, and pick it up within your five-day window, you’ll receive your respective Beauty Insider discount.

An item that I ordered is now out of stock and my order has not shipped. Will I receive the item?

By placing your order, you’ve successfully reserved the item so that it will be added to your order when it is processed. Items go out of stock online once all inventory for that item is allocated to placed orders. 

The authorization on my method of payment has fallen off and I haven’t been charged yet, but my order also hasn’t shipped. Will my order still be shipped to me?

Yes, your order will still ship to you, and you will be charged when the order ships. Authorizations remain on your account for different time periods, but even if the authorization falls off, your order will still ship.

Why can’t I view the order I just placed in my Recent Orders?

Orders will not be found in your Order History if you did not log in to your Beauty Insider account or if you used Guest Checkout. If you received an order confirmation email, your order has been placed. Once the order ships, you will receive an additional shipping confirmation email.

I placed an order and I am seeing multiple authorizations on my method of payment—does this mean I have been charged multiple times?

You are likely seeing multiple authorizations and not charges. You will only be charged one time once the item ships.

How do I cancel my order?

After you place your order in the US, you have one to two hours to cancel if you have FLASH shipping; you have 12 hours to cancel if you do not have FLASH shipping. If you place your order in Canada with standard shipping, you will have six hours to cancel. If you’re still within the given timeframe, go to your ORDER DETAILS and click “Cancel Your Order.” You can access this page by clicking “Order Details” on this link, or if you know your order number, simply add your order number to the end of this URL: sephora.com/profile/orderdetail/[insert your order number].

Will I receive the exact samples I selected at checkout? 

Due to the high volume of orders being placed, our samples are going out of stock faster than usual. Our distribution centers are doing their best to fulfill the requested samples for each order. If the samples you selected go out of stock, you may receive different samples. We appreciate your understanding.

What if I want to speak to Customer Service about my order?

We are currently experiencing higher than expected call volumes. If these FAQs do not answer your question, please hit “Reply” below and leave a comment on this thread with your question. Sephora’s Customer Service team will be monitoring all questions on this thread.

I would usually ask a Sephora Beauty Adviser what to buy for the Holiday Savings Event, but am buying online. Where can I get shopping advice as I build my basket? 

There’s a thread for that! Please visit this post to get advice from unbiased Sephora shoppers who can help you decide what to pick up during the sale: Holiday Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket? 

Where can I shop?

You can shop in any open store and online in the US and Canada, in any open Sephora inside JCPenney stores and Sephora at Kohl’s stores, and online at kohls.com.

How many times can I use my discount?

As many times you’d like! Our Holiday Savings Event discount is unlimited use in store and online—just use code YAYHOLIDAY.

Speaking of which, what’s my online code again?

Regardless of which tier you are, your code is YAYHOLIDAY.

Can I combine my Rouge Reward, my Credit Card Reward, or my Credit Card first purchase discount with the Holiday Savings Event discount?

You will not be able to combine the Holiday Savings Event discount with Rouge Reward, Credit Card Rewards, or Credit Card first purchase discount. Credit Card Rewards are available in the US only.

I am a Credit Card holder and have a 15% first purchase discount. Can I save that for later and use the Holiday Savings Event discount now?

Yes. You can choose to use your Holiday Savings Event discount now and save your Credit Card 15% off first purchase discount for later, but don’t forget to use your Credit Card 15% off promotion within 30 days of being approved. And you will earn 2x in Credit Card Rewards on your Holiday Savings Event purchase when you use either your Sephora Credit Card or Sephora Visa Card to make your Sephora purchase!

Is the Sephora Credit Card Program available in Canada?

The Sephora Credit Card Program is currently available in the US, and you must have a US address to apply for a card. We do not offer the Sephora Credit Card Program in Canada, and Credit Card Rewards cannot be redeemed in Sephora Canada stores. The Sephora Credit Card cannot be used to make purchases in Sephora Canada stores or on sephora.ca. The Sephora Visa Credit Cards will earn 1% back in rewards on purchases made at Sephora Canada stores and anywhere else Visa is accepted.

How do I earn 2X Credit Card Rewards during the Holiday Savings Event?

For a limited time, earn 2X in Credit Card Rewards when you make a purchase on your Sephora credit card at Sephora stores or on sephora.com only. Valid 11/5–11/15/21.

What does earning 2X Credit Card Rewards mean?

Cardmembers who make a purchase during the Holiday Savings Event earn 8% back ($10 for every $125 spent) in Sephora Credit Card Rewards. Offer is exclusive to Sephora Visa® or Sephora credit card holders enrolled in the Sephora Credit Card Rewards program.

Do I have to be a Sephora Credit Cardmember to earn 2X Rewards when shopping the Holiday Savings Event?

Yes, you have to have a Sephora Credit Card to earn 2X rewards on Sephora purchases made with the card from 11/5 to 11/15/21. To apply for the Sephora Credit Card, visit your nearest Sephora store to apply, or you can also apply on your mobile device with the Sephora app or online at sephora.com/creditcard.

When will I see the 2X Credit Card Reward available in my account from shopping?

The Bonus Rewards may take up to two billing cycles to add to your account. Credit Card rewards can be viewed in the Community Account Center, on sephora.com in your profile, or within your billing statement.

Where is the promotion valid?

The promotion is valid on merchandise purchases made in Sephora US stores, Sephora Canada stores, Sephora inside JCPenney stores, Sephora at Kohl’s, and on sephora.com and sephora.ca. The offer is not valid on jcp.com, Instacart, or Instagram Shopping.

When will I get my order?

Our shipping is taking longer due to high demand. If you haven't purchased already, please check your expected delivery date at checkout. If you need it sooner, you can buy online and pick up in store or get same day delivery. Learn more here: https://www.sephora.com/beauty/pick-up-delivery-options.

If you have already purchased, you can reference your estimated delivery date in your order confirmation email or access the status of your order any time on sephora.com by visiting the Order Status page: https://www.sephora.com/beauty/order-status

What else do I need to know?

Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Sephora is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen offer materials or barcodes. Offer has no cash value and may not be altered, sold, bartered, or transferred. Applicable Beauty Insider status must be attained prior to redemption. No minimum purchase required. Due to heavy demand, Sephora FLASH delivery times cannot be guaranteed for this offer. Sephora, JCPenney, and Kohl’s employees are not eligible for these offers. Sephora may modify or cancel offer at any time.

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2021 FAQs

We’re emails and mail not sent out about the sale this year ? I never received an email or mail which is how I recall it has worked every year before . 

Hi @amberH26,

Yes, emails were sent out about this promotion and I'm sorry to hear you didn't receive any! I will send you a PM.

Always,

Danee

I placed a second order  a week ago and was told a delivery estimate of November 24th.  I know how things get backed up with the Holiday sales and your communication have improved but hoping the items i ordered aren't sold out, it's in processing so not sure if they have a system  with that to ensure that doesn't happen.  Of course i saw a couple of additional items i wanted after my first order which i received quickly because i placed it as soon as the sale started.  🙂

Hi @jennifer07,

I see that all of the items in your order are currently being processed at our Distribution Center! We will send you an email as soon as it has been shipped. We appreciate your patience!

If you have additional questions or concerns, please send me a private message.

Always,

Danee

Sadly, I missed the entire sale.  I did not receive an email this year with the details.  It isn't the end of the world, but I am disappointed.

Hi @jensfaeriewings,

I'm sorry to hear about this and I'll send you a message.

Best regards,

Laurie

And I really can’t apply my points to get $10 off in conjunction with the yayholiday code? It’s not a promotion, it’s my points

Does it seriously take 24 hrs to update my rewards status? I just qualified for VIB (and split purchases for this reason) and the sale will be over after that 24 hrs. Now I’m planning to seriously edit my cart if I can’t get the 15% as other sites offer way better discounts than 10%

Hi @katiektw,

I'm happy to check on this and I'll send you a message.

Best regards,

Laurie 

Hey anybody know what happened to the givenchy limited edition highlighter? I dont see it on Sephora anymore 

@ChooseDior Sorry! It looks like this item has sold out. 

I placed an order that qualified me for Rouge (was VIB before), will my status update now to get the Rougue discount?

@Deeegirl You should see your account upgrade within 24 hours of your qualifying purchase. Once your account has been upgraded, you will be able to use the Rouge discount. 

Hi @SephoraBIC , 

What exactly does the restriction on dyson items mean? Would I still be able to buy two of the same dyson items as long as they are in different transactions? 

Hi @yerimoh,

Yes you can only purchase 1 of the same Dyson sku per order. Thank you!

Best regards,

Laurie

Hi, is sephora favourite beauty must haves is excluded from the sales? and what does it mean previous purchase too? Means if i already bought the item & wanting to buy on the upcoming sales it wont be on sales? Please enlighten me. Thank you!

@liliass Sephora Favorites is not excluded from this promo. Previous purchase means purchases made prior to the beginning of the promo.

I see, thank you so much!!

I already know the presents I’m getting for others……..and for me!!!!!!

Hey @SephoraBIC & @DaneeBT , if we make a purchase during the Holiday Savings Event, are we still able to return items until end of January in case we plan on gifting (and hence recipient won’t open it until after Christmas)? I know Sephora had this policy a few years ago but I don’t know if it’s changed since I fortunately didn’t need to make holiday returns last year. Thank you🙂

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Holiday Savings Event 2021
testing