Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: Whatโ€™s in Your Basket?

2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread

The holidays are here! Consider this thread your go-to destination for getting (or giving) unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration! Maybe youโ€™re eager to get started on that gift list and are looking for the perfect presents, or maybe youโ€™re just looking to #treatyourself โ€“ either way, donโ€™t be shy! Communityโ€™s the place to ask for recommendations, tell us your favorite deals, show off your haulโ€ฆ and donโ€™t forget to share those basket screenshots, swatches, and unboxings. ๐ŸŽโ„

Reply below and tell us everything: What are you adding to your basket during the holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the โ€œ#โ€ sign!

Re: Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: Whatโ€™s in Your Basket?

@TeamBIC I swore no more eye shadows for the rest of the year.....๐Ÿ˜œ

Melt Cosmetics Amor y Mariposas Pressed Pigment Eyeshadow Palette Valentino Dreamdust Glitter Eyeshadow 

And the one restock item as my wallet is about to burst from all the other holiday spending I did:

Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL 

man this year has been expensive but I have so many pretties to play with!

@TeamBIC I couldn't find the Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment anywhere near me since it's being discontinued but my dad was a sweetheart and found it at a Sephora by his house (in a different state). He even asked me how many I wanted so I wouldn't be without. He was so happy when he got to use a discount, too.

Aw, that was so sweet of your dad โค๏ธ๐Ÿฅฐ @makeitup305 

@makeitup305  I love that! Can he pick one up for me too? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Your Dad is so sweet, @makeitup305

That is so sweet @makeitup305!โค๏ธ

@makeitup305 that was so sweet of your Dad. 

That's so precious @makeitup305 , how thoughtful of you Dad!

Oh man, Iโ€™ve been waiting patiently for these, but shipping delays! It said Friday and I thought Iโ€™d have it this weekend to celebrate finishing a big meeting for work Saturday. Initially,I  wasnโ€™t expecting til Monday, but then got excited by the almost here mail, followed by sad, lol. 

KILIAN Paris Angels Share Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

Melt Cosmetics Amor y Mariposas Pressed Pigment Eyeshadow Palette 

I have a dyson airwrap but Iโ€™m debating ordering the blow dryer and/or the straightener. Any thoughts?!? I canโ€™t decide which one Iโ€™d prefer or get the most use out of! 

@Achickadee03 I purchased the blow dryer. It is expensive but I am very happy with it. Check out my review if you would like!

@TeamBIC I was able to pick up a few great items and use the discount Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Tatcha Dewy Cleanse + Hydrate Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb With Oat Husk and Vitamin B These were all restock so it was great to receive a discount

The #Youth To The People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser is my absolute fave! I recently tried the #Youth to the People Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream & it's wonderful too! (Sorry! Idk why it didn't tag it! Tagged below tho! ๐Ÿ™) Worth a try if you need a moisturizer. I'd never had a big breakout from a skincare product before but did after trying It! Confidence in a Cream And I broke out like crazy! Sadly it was too late to return it by the time I made sure it was the culprit! ๐Ÿ˜ญThe Youth to the People Air-Whip Moisture Cream is exactly what it says! It's light but feels super good going on & you know it's loaded with super foods! I totally recommend both Youth to the People products!! 

Okay, so I maybe spent wayyyy too much time making my first ever reel/tik tok (Iโ€™ve been an avid non-TikToker for years) ๐Ÿคฃ but here are the fruits of my labour:

This Malin+Goetz set is a gift I got my grandpa. I kind of wish I got two because it smells so good and who doesnโ€™t need some hand soap and lotion these days??

IMG_5469.PNG

IMG_5468.PNG

PMG Divine Romance lipstick has been out for a while now, but I finally got it and swatched it! Iโ€™ve been really into the blotted lip look lately due to mask-wearing. I think this shade would look so beautiful blotted on the center of the lips! Chefโ€™s kiss!๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ

IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5456.jpg

Swatched in natural daylight (no filter)

Briogeo Honey Hydration Donโ€™t Despair Repair Hair Kit is such a crowd pleaser, especially with the adorable teddy bear bottle! I hope they continue to make this an annual offering!

IMG_5462.PNG
Thatโ€™s all I got for the sale so far, but who knows? Maybe Iโ€™ll slip one more in tomorrow! I kind of want the Nudestix cheek balm 100 point perk ๐Ÿ˜…

So fun @Guessgal ! Is the lip this intense or just the pic on my screen maybe?! I thought it was quite a bit lighter but this looks so gorgeous! Iโ€™ve skipped over it clearly if so! Thanks for swatch. Love that little bear too. Great giftie idea! ๐Ÿฅฐ 

@Sunnysmom I was thinking the same thing when I read your comment last week and finally found some time today to do some lip swatches to find out! Itโ€™s actually pretty dark in the tube like the pic I initially posted above, but the tone does alter a bit on my lips depending on lighting. Itโ€™s significantly lighter in sunlight and leans more rich fuchsia (although I think the sun will have this effect on most colours). When the clouds rollover, itโ€™s a deeper berry. It is also on the darker end of the spectrum in warm, lightbulb lightingโ€ฆ not sure if this is helpfulโ€ฆ I know it got a lot of negative reviews since the official PMG photos depicted it a lot lighter than it actually was. It was also these reviews that led me to purchase it bc I appreciate the darker colour ๐Ÿคฃ hahaha

2403E58A-B2DD-4DC1-AAB3-295911863A20.jpeg

PMG Divine Romance in sunlight 

C57C046A-2E80-4F53-A488-917AAC86FECA.jpeg

PMG Divine Romance in cloudy cover

9A53584E-CAE2-4996-8634-A96AD65DAFB3.jpeg

PMG Divine Romance in warm/lightbulb lighting

That's a Fabulous berry shade! Berry is so flattering. Rather similar to (d/c'd) 'Sorry not Sorry' LuxeTrance. PMG l.s. are quite pigmented, as well they should. 

Beautiful! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’• @Guessgal 

Well first of all my goodness @Guessgal your lips and you and your pic are truly gorgeous! ๐Ÿฅฐ I love the looks of it too and the dark factor would lead me to definitely buy it! Ha. Funny others wanted it lighter! Sometimes these feel a little dry on me so I would have to use a balm under if so maybe. Do u find that. Doesnโ€™t look it from your pic tho. ๐Ÿ˜Š What you said totally makes sense and youโ€™re so sweet to show me, thank you! ๐Ÿ˜˜ (Oh and p.s. I named a bespoke Bite lippie โ€˜Chefโ€™s Kissโ€™! โ˜บ๏ธ)

Aww thank you @Sunnysmom @sister13 ! 
The lipstick has a weightless, barely there feeling that some mattes have, but I wouldnโ€™t consider it drying. My lips didnโ€™t crack after wearing it for a good 7hrs so Iโ€™m pleased. I get what you mean though, as it doesnโ€™t have the smooth slip of a cream lipstick. 

I love the name you chose for the Bite lippie! So fitting for a custom name ๐Ÿ’›

448 Replies
testing