cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

promo.png

Our Holiday Bonus event is back, and every Beauty Insider member gets a discount! Don’t forget—the higher your tier, the bigger the savings, so keep reading for all the details.

Rouge: We wanted to let you know that starting Friday, November 1,through Monday, November 11, you get first access to shop before everyone else with your 20% off (that means you’re getting our biggest discount of them all!) You can shop with your 20% off as many times as you’d like—just flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.

P.S. Because you’re Rouge, you can also bring your favorite shopping buddy in store Friday, November 1, and they’ll get 20% off too—all thanks to you. Just make sure they are a current member of the Beauty Insider program, and you’re good to go!

VIB: You get 15% off Thursday, November 7, through Monday, November 11. You can shop in store and online as many times as you like. Just flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.  

Insiders: You get 10% off Thursday, November 7, through Monday, November 11. You can shop in store and online as many times as you like. Just flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.  

Have more questions? We’ve got answers!

What is your Holiday Bonus event, and when is it?

Our Holiday Bonus event is where you (our Beauty Insider members) get a special discount just for being part of our loyalty program!

The higher the tier, the bigger the savings:

Rouge members ($1,000 spent per year) get 20% off, VIB members ($350 spent per year) get 15% off, and Insiders (free to join!) get 10% off.

Rouge can shop early with their discount starting on Friday, November 1, while VIB and Insiders can shop starting on Thursday, November 7. Holiday Bonus ends for all three tiers on Monday, November 11.

Where can I shop?

In store and online! That includes our stores and website in Canada as well as Sephora inside JCPenney stores.

Wait, Im Rouge...Can I really share my 20% off on Friday, November 1?

Yep, you can! Bring your favorite shopping buddy in store on November 1 and, when checking out, let a Beauty Advisor know they’re with you. Then voilà! 20% off their purchase too, just like you.

How many times can I use my discount?

As many times you’d like! Our Holiday Bonus discount is unlimited use in store and onlinejust flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.

Speaking of which, what’s my online code again?

Regardless of which tier you are, your code is HOLIDAYSAVE.

I’m Rouge and have a Rouge Reward. Can I combine my Rouge Reward, my Credit Card Reward, or my Credit Card first purchase discount with the Holiday Bonus discount?

You will not be able to combine any other offers or discounts with the Holiday Bonus discount, including Rouge Reward.

I am a Credit Card holder and have a Credit Card Reward and/or Credit Card first purchase discount of 15% off. Can I use my Credit Card Reward, Credit Card first purchase discount, or Rouge Reward with the Holiday Bonus discount?

You will not be able to combine any other offers or discounts with the Holiday Bonus discount, including Credit Card Rewards and discounts.

I am a Credit Card holder and have a 15% first purchase discount. Can I save that for later and use the Holiday Bonus discount now?

Yes. You can choose to use your Holiday Bonus discount now and save your Credit Card 15% off first time purchase discount for later and still earn % back using one of your Sephora Credit Cards. Simply enter promo code HOLIDAYSAVE to apply the current promotion, but don’t forget to use your 15% off Credit Card offer within 30 days of being approved.

Where and when is the promotion valid?

Valid on merchandise purchases made in Sephora US stores, Sephora Canada stores, Sephora inside JCPenney stores, and on sephora.com and sephora.ca. Offer not valid on jcp.com. On Friday, November 1, in stores only, Rouge client and one guest of Rouge who is a member of the Beauty Insider program and is present at the time of redemption will be eligible for 20% off all merchandise purchases. Not valid on orders shipping outside the US or Canada.

Are there any exclusions?

Promotion is not valid on The Ordinary and MAC Cosmetics VIVA GLAM products. Clients are limited to the purchase of one dyson item and five Morphe items per SKU per transaction. Not valid on in-store services, previous purchases, purchases of gift cards or eGift Cards, FLASH, PLAY! by SEPHORA, gift wrapping, packaging, taxes, or shipping and handling charges.

Can I combine this promotion with other offers or promotions?

This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or rewards.

What else do I need to know?

Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Sephora is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen offer materials or barcodes. Offer has no cash value and may not be altered, sold, bartered, or transferred. Rouge status must be attained prior to redemption. No minimum purchase required. Due to heavy demand, Sephora FLASH delivery times cannot be guaranteed for this offer. Sephora and JCPenney employees are not eligible for these offers. Sephora may modify or cancel offer at any time.

Re: Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

Hi! Hoping someone is able to help me! I placed an order online and used the 20% off promo. One item has a push button applicator that doesn’t work at all. Another item has a dry, salt like substance all over the bottle, all inside the box and all over the pamphlet that comes in the box. I didn’t use it of course. And lastly, I purchased a clean product that I found out contains some kind of plastic? I wasn’t expecting that from a clean product. I didn’t even open the box let alone use it. I’m not looking for a refund, I’d be okay with an exchange! My issue is that the 20% off is over and I’m wondering if Sephora will honour these errors and give me 20% off an exchange, since my 20% off went to virtually nothing 😞 I look forward to my 20% off as I spend a lot at Sephora, and I only used it once this year and it didn’t end well. I’ve had issues ordering online before, from now on I’ll make in store purchases only. I order online for convenience purposes since I get free shipping, and some products are online only! Oh well, if someone can help I’d appreciate it greatly! Thank you! 

Hi @cassandraz,

I will send you a PM to further assist you. 

Best,
Rebecca

Hi! I messaged you back within an hour of you messaging me, but I haven't heard anything back. I also emailed customer service that same day and have not heard back. All I want to know is if I go into Sephora for an exchange only, am I eligible for my 20% off promo since there were issues with my online order (faulty products.) Thanks!

Ten percent off doesn't matter if the cashier forgets to apply it- after you remind her!  Neither the store nor corporate will do anything to fix their mistake. Called both after seeing my emailed receipt (asked for paper for this reason, but was ignored) and was told that I would have to bring all the items back to the original store- to fix THEIR mistake. I've worked retail, and I'm fully aware of how incredibly tacky that is- and that it's fixable over the phone. This is not customer service, they didn't care at all about the customer. I didn't ask for anything that wasn't mine, that 10% was a promo THEY emailed to me and refuse to fix. It is not possible for me to physically return to that store anytime soon, nor should I have to!

@SephoraBIC wrote:

promo.png

Our Holiday Bonus event is back, and every Beauty Insider member gets a discount! Don’t forget—the higher your tier, the bigger the savings, so keep reading for all the details.

Rouge: We wanted to let you know that starting Friday, November 1,through Monday, November 11, you get first access to shop before everyone else with your 20% off (that means you’re getting our biggest discount of them all!) You can shop with your 20% off as many times as you’d like—just flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.

P.S. Because you’re Rouge, you can also bring your favorite shopping buddy in store Friday, November 1, and they’ll get 20% off too—all thanks to you. Just make sure they are a current member of the Beauty Insider program, and you’re good to go!

VIB: You get 15% off Thursday, November 7, through Monday, November 11. You can shop in store and online as many times as you like. Just flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.  

Insiders: You get 10% off Thursday, November 7, through Monday, November 11. You can shop in store and online as many times as you like. Just flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.  

Have more questions? We’ve got answers!

What is your Holiday Bonus event, and when is it?

Our Holiday Bonus event is where you (our Beauty Insider members) get a special discount just for being part of our loyalty program!

The higher the tier, the bigger the savings:

Rouge members ($1,000 spent per year) get 20% off, VIB members ($350 spent per year) get 15% off, and Insiders (free to join!) get 10% off.

Rouge can shop early with their discount starting on Friday, November 1, while VIB and Insiders can shop starting on Thursday, November 7. Holiday Bonus ends for all three tiers on Monday, November 11.

Where can I shop?

In store and online! That includes our stores and website in Canada as well as Sephora inside JCPenney stores.

Wait, Im Rouge...Can I really share my 20% off on Friday, November 1?

Yep, you can! Bring your favorite shopping buddy in store on November 1 and, when checking out, let a Beauty Advisor know they’re with you. Then voilà! 20% off their purchase too, just like you.

How many times can I use my discount?

As many times you’d like! Our Holiday Bonus discount is unlimited use in store and onlinejust flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.

Speaking of which, what’s my online code again?

Regardless of which tier you are, your code is HOLIDAYSAVE.

I’m Rouge and have a Rouge Reward. Can I combine my Rouge Reward, my Credit Card Reward, or my Credit Card first purchase discount with the Holiday Bonus discount?

You will not be able to combine any other offers or discounts with the Holiday Bonus discount, including Rouge Reward.

I am a Credit Card holder and have a Credit Card Reward and/or Credit Card first purchase discount of 15% off. Can I use my Credit Card Reward, Credit Card first purchase discount, or Rouge Reward with the Holiday Bonus discount?

You will not be able to combine any other offers or discounts with the Holiday Bonus discount, including Credit Card Rewards and discounts.

I am a Credit Card holder and have a 15% first purchase discount. Can I save that for later and use the Holiday Bonus discount now?

Yes. You can choose to use your Holiday Bonus discount now and save your Credit Card 15% off first time purchase discount for later and still earn % back using one of your Sephora Credit Cards. Simply enter promo code HOLIDAYSAVE to apply the current promotion, but don’t forget to use your 15% off Credit Card offer within 30 days of being approved.

Where and when is the promotion valid?

Valid on merchandise purchases made in Sephora US stores, Sephora Canada stores, Sephora inside JCPenney stores, and on sephora.com and sephora.ca. Offer not valid on jcp.com. On Friday, November 1, in stores only, Rouge client and one guest of Rouge who is a member of the Beauty Insider program and is present at the time of redemption will be eligible for 20% off all merchandise purchases. Not valid on orders shipping outside the US or Canada.

Are there any exclusions?

Promotion is not valid on The Ordinary and MAC Cosmetics VIVA GLAM products. Clients are limited to the purchase of one dyson item and five Morphe items per SKU per transaction. Not valid on in-store services, previous purchases, purchases of gift cards or eGift Cards, FLASH, PLAY! by SEPHORA, gift wrapping, packaging, taxes, or shipping and handling charges.

Can I combine this promotion with other offers or promotions?

This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or rewards.

What else do I need to know?

Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Sephora is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen offer materials or barcodes. Offer has no cash value and may not be altered, sold, bartered, or transferred. Rouge status must be attained prior to redemption. No minimum purchase required. Due to heavy demand, Sephora FLASH delivery times cannot be guaranteed for this offer. Sephora and JCPenney employees are not eligible for these offers. Sephora may modify or cancel offer at any time.

hey, I actually work at Sephora and during promo and holi...

hey, I actually work at Sephora and during promo and holidays it can be really really busy and cashiers do slip up and make mistakes. you are still able to get your discount but just because of our privacy policy, we can't look up your purchase, your receipt, or give you that 10% discount without you being in the store. if you go back to any location, you can definitely get that discount

Hi @Granimal,

I am sorry to hear this! I will send you a PM for further assistance.

Best,

Zakiya

I'm not asking for anything that isn't "mine". It's a ten dollar store credit that is being refused to be refunded back to me (I would not have gone in-store had that email not popped up). Let's be honest, if I were a YouTuber I'd get a profuse "sorry", a basket of free products, and my refund. Sephora made an error- if they had integrity they'd make it right. I've called corporate twice and the store once. All were rude. I just want what I was promised and what is rightfully mine. It's not difficult. I've done it for customers at every brand that I've worked for. The fact that no one can do a refund/store credit over the phone for a mere $10 speaks volumes about how you feel about losing my business/your everyday customers. Not one person offered to do anything to make it right. Feel free to PM me if you can fix it, otherwise I'm done doing all the work to fix Sephora's error- someone should have reached out to me after I reached out four times. I've already spent hours on the phone with multiple people who were rude and unhelpful, and I'm the customer! I've never complained about a store before, but this is too much. But hey you don't seem to want my business anyway.

Hi @Granimal,

I am sorry to hear about this experience! Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. It appears that @ZakiyaBT sent you a private message to further assist. To access your private messages, please click your Community profile, then click Messages. 

I will send you a private message to follow up shortly. Thank you!

Warm regards,

Laurie

RE: Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

I am $170 away from being rouge, I was going to make a $450 purchase (before discount), it’s only giving me the VIB discount. Which doesn’t make any sense because the purchase would put me way over rouge? I was under the impression that similar to when we make a purchase we can redeem the points we earned for that purchase in the same transaction? So why is the discount any different?

RE: Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

I was also close to Rouge so I made one order that qualified me for Rouge. Then made another order which gave me the 20% off.

Re: RE: Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

HI @Shealynn007,

I'm sorry the Rouge discount won't apply to your qualifying order! However, please keep in mind that the Holiday Bonus Promo can be used multiple times! You are welcome to place two separate orders if you'd like.

Always,

Danee

RE: Re: RE: Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

I was also close to Rouge so I made one order that qualified me for Rouge. Then made another order which gave me the 20% off.

This is a laughable discount at this point though, for anyone other than Rouge.

Right?! I remember when everyone used to get $15 off $50. That would encourage me to place an order even if I didn't really *need* something right then. I could always stock up on things I did use, even if I wasn't out of those products yet. This measly 10% off doesn't give me any incentive to shop. If I am about to run out of something, sure, I'll use the coupon. But I'm not going to go out and just buy stuff when all they're offering is 10% off. It's laughable.

they still do the $10 off a $50 purchase, or whatever the...

they still do the $10 off a $50 purchase, or whatever the exact amounts were. they just do it after this promo so you will still get that 🙂
Anonymous Insider

its already 7th. The code still not work. It keeps saying must be logged insider account, is different with VIB?

@Anonymous It is not the 7th on the west coast yet. Sephora runs on Pacific Time.

Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

The code doesn't work. It keeps saying must be logged in but I am.

@Viola0820 Sephora runs on Pacific Time. The VIB/BI sale hasn't started yet.

IMPORTANT FOR ROUGE MEMBER : As a rouge member, we are supposed to get 20% discount. But i noticed that when i applied the promo code, I only get 12.7%. Don't get fooled, please be sure to check again. I am not sure if it is just me who experiences this...

1 Reply
testing