cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

promo.png

Our Holiday Bonus event is back, and every Beauty Insider member gets a discount! Don’t forget—the higher your tier, the bigger the savings, so keep reading for all the details.

Rouge: We wanted to let you know that starting Friday, November 1,through Monday, November 11, you get first access to shop before everyone else with your 20% off (that means you’re getting our biggest discount of them all!) You can shop with your 20% off as many times as you’d like—just flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.

P.S. Because you’re Rouge, you can also bring your favorite shopping buddy in store Friday, November 1, and they’ll get 20% off too—all thanks to you. Just make sure they are a current member of the Beauty Insider program, and you’re good to go!

VIB: You get 15% off Thursday, November 7, through Monday, November 11. You can shop in store and online as many times as you like. Just flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.  

Insiders: You get 10% off Thursday, November 7, through Monday, November 11. You can shop in store and online as many times as you like. Just flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.  

Have more questions? We’ve got answers!

What is your Holiday Bonus event, and when is it?

Our Holiday Bonus event is where you (our Beauty Insider members) get a special discount just for being part of our loyalty program!

The higher the tier, the bigger the savings:

Rouge members ($1,000 spent per year) get 20% off, VIB members ($350 spent per year) get 15% off, and Insiders (free to join!) get 10% off.

Rouge can shop early with their discount starting on Friday, November 1, while VIB and Insiders can shop starting on Thursday, November 7. Holiday Bonus ends for all three tiers on Monday, November 11.

Where can I shop?

In store and online! That includes our stores and website in Canada as well as Sephora inside JCPenney stores.

Wait, Im Rouge...Can I really share my 20% off on Friday, November 1?

Yep, you can! Bring your favorite shopping buddy in store on November 1 and, when checking out, let a Beauty Advisor know they’re with you. Then voilà! 20% off their purchase too, just like you.

How many times can I use my discount?

As many times you’d like! Our Holiday Bonus discount is unlimited use in store and onlinejust flash your Holiday Bonus email in store and use code HOLIDAYSAVE online.

Speaking of which, what’s my online code again?

Regardless of which tier you are, your code is HOLIDAYSAVE.

I’m Rouge and have a Rouge Reward. Can I combine my Rouge Reward, my Credit Card Reward, or my Credit Card first purchase discount with the Holiday Bonus discount?

You will not be able to combine any other offers or discounts with the Holiday Bonus discount, including Rouge Reward.

I am a Credit Card holder and have a Credit Card Reward and/or Credit Card first purchase discount of 15% off. Can I use my Credit Card Reward, Credit Card first purchase discount, or Rouge Reward with the Holiday Bonus discount?

You will not be able to combine any other offers or discounts with the Holiday Bonus discount, including Credit Card Rewards and discounts.

I am a Credit Card holder and have a 15% first purchase discount. Can I save that for later and use the Holiday Bonus discount now?

Yes. You can choose to use your Holiday Bonus discount now and save your Credit Card 15% off first time purchase discount for later and still earn % back using one of your Sephora Credit Cards. Simply enter promo code HOLIDAYSAVE to apply the current promotion, but don’t forget to use your 15% off Credit Card offer within 30 days of being approved.

Where and when is the promotion valid?

Valid on merchandise purchases made in Sephora US stores, Sephora Canada stores, Sephora inside JCPenney stores, and on sephora.com and sephora.ca. Offer not valid on jcp.com. On Friday, November 1, in stores only, Rouge client and one guest of Rouge who is a member of the Beauty Insider program and is present at the time of redemption will be eligible for 20% off all merchandise purchases. Not valid on orders shipping outside the US or Canada.

Are there any exclusions?

Promotion is not valid on The Ordinary and MAC Cosmetics VIVA GLAM products. Clients are limited to the purchase of one dyson item and five Morphe items per SKU per transaction. Not valid on in-store services, previous purchases, purchases of gift cards or eGift Cards, FLASH, PLAY! by SEPHORA, gift wrapping, packaging, taxes, or shipping and handling charges.

Can I combine this promotion with other offers or promotions?

This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or rewards.

What else do I need to know?

Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Sephora is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen offer materials or barcodes. Offer has no cash value and may not be altered, sold, bartered, or transferred. Rouge status must be attained prior to redemption. No minimum purchase required. Due to heavy demand, Sephora FLASH delivery times cannot be guaranteed for this offer. Sephora and JCPenney employees are not eligible for these offers. Sephora may modify or cancel offer at any time.

RE: Re: RE: Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

Hi, what if I have 400 dollars to reach Rouge, and I am buying 500 dollars item on Nov.1? Could the 500 dollars purchase get 20% off?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

Hi There @Cynsadore

If you qualify for Rouge before the sale or qualify during the sale, you will get the Rouge discount. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Re: Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

I am a VIB and I currently have $62.5 credit from Sephora. I am probably going to purchase a Pat McGrath palette during the sale. I was planning to purchase two palettes, but since the discount was smaller I am opting for only one. My account credit and the fact that I am close to Rogue (would love to redeem my points in for a gift certificate) is definitely influencing my decision to still make a purchase. I really hope they don't f-over VIB again and make the end of the year coupon even smaller. I think that the direction Sephora is heading is not good. People look forward to these sales. This year in particular I definitely was.  If I did not have the credit I would have considered purchasing directly from the PM site which as everyone else mentioned will become a trend. Instead of looking for the annual sales, consumers will opt to shop directly at the retailer or at competitors. I always preferred shopping with Sephora and now, I will look elsewhere unless it is the "exclusive" brands which really means not readily accessible since there are always other retailers that carry those items.

Except they only release like ONE gift card for the $100 reward. By the time it's in my cart and the cart gives an error FOR NO REASON the cards are gone. Customer Service will not assist me with the cart error and send the same basic response each time. I do not get a notification that the card is out of stock. It tells me to open my already open cart. I am finding less and less reasons to go Rouge with Sephora and shop elsewhere for bigger discounts like direct with the brands who offer their discounts more than twice a year. I used to shop at Sephora just to get my Rouge status because it was so worth it.  Now it's really not worth it at all. You basically get the same benefits as a VIB and there are less exclusive and first available sales. They also never send me the prestige brand samples i choose in my cart and send me junk instead. I feel like they put those samples up to entice people and know they can't send them.  No benefits anymore and their customer service is horrible. 

Yeah, Nordstrom messed up my samples once and when I mentioned it... they shipped me an entire box full of samples. I know it can seem like a petty thing, but I have bought several products after sampling first. I don't want to blow a bunch of money on something just based on reviews (which are always super honest/accurate).

I am one of those people who choose to stock up during this sale for skincare. But this year, I am looking at specific brands sites so I can save 20-25% off, instead of a lousy 15%. This is why I usually shop at Ulta, since I get a 20% off coupon multiple times a year. Things are usually out of stock during this sale anyways. I'll probably only buy some kits this time around...

It's very disappointing that Sephora has chosen to knock down the discount for VIB's this year. You just couldn't bring yourself to actually reward your top spenders, VIB Rouge with a higher discount, could you? Instead of giving them 25%-30%, you are alienating so many loyal shoppers. Every year makeup prices go up, but your "discount" has remained the same, and now you choose to lower it for so many of us. This will finally be the year I take my business elsewhere, along with so many. Like many have already mentioned, many of your competitors have better sales, and thanks to this ignorant decision of yours, you have now drove us to them. Au revoir.

Anonymous Insider

Lowering VIB is the worst decision you will make, Sephora. Many VIB will find better discount than what you're offering. Being a VIB member for many years, I will be shopping elsewhere for better deals this November and years to come.

You just pissed off a lot of people. 

Sephora is a massive retailer that has the ability to command a better cost price to be able to maintain or increase the discount price of products for its annual sales without affecting its IMU and disappointing customers. The SKU's carried at Sephora are frequently sold at a 20-25% discount directly on manufacturer's websites, or by other reputable retailers. Consumer's comp shop at the click of a button and Sephora's clientele are particularly savvy at finding the best price for the type of high-quality products that are carried there. Sephora may want to reconsider its strategy regarding sales and it's tiered reward system, in particular in light of the fact that the industry as a whole has been showing signs of slowing.  

RE: Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

Sephora’s decision to reduce the VIB discount to 15% when it has traditionally been 20% for the Fall Sale is a poor one. This will alienate/anger loyal customers who have been counting on this going into the holidays and encourage them to buy elsewhere to get that 20% discount.

Re: RE: Holiday Bonus 2019 FAQs

I said I am out and mean it too. Deuces Sephora! Peace out! I’ve been a vib for several l years. All they did was literally screw over their loyal vib customers. 

Anonymous Insider

Same here. I was looking forward to the sale BUT not this year. I will be spending my money elsewhere. Good luck Sephora..you just made a bunch of VIB loyal customers mad. 

Yea forget Sephora. If we all agree to not go then maybe they will treat their customers better

You arent differentiating between the tiers by giving Rouge somethingextra...youre doing it by taking away 5% from VIB. This is what you dont understand... I can shop directly from the brands sites, Ulta, Net-A-Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom- the list is virtually endless and get 20% off or better. Therefore, this is pushing Sephora even further down the list for myself and others. When you made this announcement, I went ahead and put through my $500 at Beautylish, because a $20 coupon for every $100 is a better deal than 15% off+ tax. Now I need to run over to the Fenty 's website to see if they are still running their 20% off deal is going on and if they have the items I want. 20% is the general standard for discounts. If you cant meet that, you're going to slow down your own sales even further. If you would have increased Rouge by 25% people would be going nuts spending extra on prestige brands- even if it included some exclusions. Some VIBs wouldve jumped to get to Rouge, as well. Now youve given Rouge no extra incentive and demotivated many non-Rouges to spend. Great job. Please get someone on your team with behavior mod. experience.

Agreeing with this. I'm a VIB that would have jumped to get to rouge if the annual sales were 25%. Right now with 15% I'm going to be getting most from dermstore, neimans, brands direct, cult beauty, space nk etc etc. 

I tallied up my spending and this year I have spent about 380 at sephora with about 1100 spent elsewhere. The majority of the money I've spent elsewhere is on brands that sephora carries, but other sites do 25% off for. Only a small percentage is on items not available at sephora. 

I probably would have made rouge too. Now my goal is to h...

I probably would have made rouge too. Now my goal is to hit insider next year. It can be hard. the things I like are not cheap. As long as they dont put anymore ND or Pat palettes on sale, I should be fine. Beautylish and a few others will get my 💸

Exactly why I went to Ulta. I’m an insider here and a diamond at ulta for next year already. Yes they don’t carry all the brands Sephora does but I can go to Macy’s etc and get better discounts. Sephora needs to step it up or it will keep loosing customers.

The only things I will get are a couple of items their I...

The only things I will get are a couple of items their I have confirmed are out of stock and not returning to the brand's site and a gift set that is not available through the manufacturer- and thats more than many people will do. My mothers La Mer Christmas gift will be purchased through the site unless Nordies or NM run a sale beforehand. My Pat and ND purchases will be made on the brand site. I'm getting my Fenty items for 20% off of her site. I wont check for anything on their website next year unless they send me a 20% off or better coupon. Shoppers have become savier, because of all the information that is available. If you dont give 20% that's fine, because your competition will. Rouge customers arent going to shop more, because you lowered VIB. VIB are just going to shop less. Sephora will just become the place shoppers go to swatch product, before they purchase on your competitors website who will offer 20% off(or more)+higher cashback at portals + freeshipping + no tax + and likely have their own loyalty program. You see what happens to other companies that operate like dinosaurs- they go extinct!
143 Replies
testing