Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

Birthday gift

I’m thoroughly dissatisfied with Sephora’s birthday gift system. I am a rogue member, I spend well over $1000 a year, but Sephora will not give me the VIB/Rogue their birthday gift due to a staff error.
My birthday is in January. While shopping in store I was offered one of the three regular level birthday gifts at checkout. I didn’t know there was a rogue birthday gift option until I saw a birthday gift email from Sephora a few days after selecting one of the regular gifts in store. 
I ended up choosing the kosas gift thinking the eyebrow thing it comes with was a mascara, because of all the products in the gifts I was offered, mascara is the only thing I would actually use. I have micro bladed brows so I have no use for brow products. 

I asked the store if I could swap the kosas gift for the Charolette Tilbury gift because the sales associate failed to tell me there was a rogue gift option or check my member status and I preferred the CT gift. The store refused to swap it, saying it’s not possible. I tried calling Sephora customer support and was told they cannot send me the CT gift because they supposedly cannot undo where it says I received my birthday gift on my account…even though I want to return the kosas one I got and I never opened it. 

I don’t want the store employee to get in trouble and I recognize the people I spoke with on the phone are just working for this cheap company and don’t get paid enough to have to field complains from costumers for the higher ups that make up BS rules. I just feel like I got ripped off because after spending so much money at this store, I missed out on the main perk I SHOULD get for being a loyal customer because I chose to shop in store rather than online and Sephora’s staff failed to tell me there was a rogue option, and now won’t fix their mistake. 
And on top of that, I’m stuck with the kosas kit with an ugly lip color and a brow product I cannot even use. 
If Sephora can’t resolve this I’d rather buy from the makeup artist’s themselves rather than support a cheap business that clearly doesn't really value loyal customers. 

Re: Birthday gift

@MissCaleighJo I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm sending you a PM.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing