cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

BI Appreciation Image.png

We are updating the Beauty Insider program with exciting changes to benefits, which you can learn more about here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Beauty-Insider-Program-Updates-FAQS/td-p/4114842

In celebration of our Beauty Insider members, we are offering exclusive access to this year’s Beauty Insider Appreciation Event. Here's the breakdown:

Rouge, you shop the event early beginning Fri 8/24. This means you get 20% off on the hottest beauty products before anyone else. You can continue to shop the entire event through Monday 9/3.

VIB and Insiders get to shop, too! Starting Thursday 8/30, VIB will receive 15% off and Insiders will receive 10% off your purchase.

You can use your discount one time online or as many times as you want in-store. Check your email to get your code!

Want more details? Check out our FAQs:

What is the Beauty Insider Appreciation Event?

This is a special event to celebrate our Beauty Insiders and the recent changes to the Beauty Insider program. This promo is a great excuse to splurge, restock favorites, and start stocking up on fall newness.

What’s the offer?

Rouge gets 20% off, VIB gets 15% off and Insiders save 10%. Plus, Rouge (we see you!) gets to shop early before VIB and Insider.

What if I like to order online?

That’s cool. You can redeem the offer on both US and CA sites. Please note that online orders are one time use however you are welcome to shop as frequently as you’d like in-store.

Can I redeem the offer more than once?

Online you may redeem the offer one time but if you forget something the first time around, don’t even stress. The offer can be used as many times as you want in-store.

What’s my code to shop?

You can shop one time online with your code below based on your tier:

Rouge: YESROUGE

VIB: YESVIB

Insider: YESINSIDER

You can also bring your barcode into store to use as many times as you want. Check your email to get your store barcode!

Dates, please?

Rouge: Fri 8/24 - Mon 9/3

VIB and Insider: Thurs 8/30 – Mon 9/3

Wait, why are the dates split?

As a benefit of our top tier of membership, Rouge gets to shop the event early.

Is this offer available in Canada?

Yes! Some Canada stores may be closed on Mon 9/3 for Labor Day so be sure to call your store for holiday hours and closures.

What about Sephora inside JCPenney?

The offer is valid in Sephora inside JCPenney stores however, the offer is not valid on jcp.com.

Are there any exclusions?

In one word, yes. In lots of words: The offer cannot be applied to previous purchases, gift cards, Flash shipping or PLAY! by Sephora subscriptions, or combined with any other promotional offers. Not valid on purchases of Dyson, customizable sets online or through Sephora’s Customer Service. Clients are limited to three Drunk Elephant-branded items per transaction and three Tatcha-branded items per transaction. Merchandise quantities may be limited, see store for details.

Re: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

I’m seeing a lot of posts stating they never received an email about this sale.  Just a PSA - check your promo or trash folders, they could be in there.  FWIW, email senders have no control over how he receivers email inbox is set up, for me personally, I use gmail, and since I get so much promo emails which thankfully go in the the “Promotional” folder/tab, so I can keep my important emails separate. Since I don’t always browse the Promo folder, I do have a handful of companies whose emails show up in my regular/primary folder so I don’t miss anything, this was easily done by dragging an email from the company into the Primary folder, after that all emails from the same address will go in the primary folder.

For those who didn’t receive an email or card in snail mail, I believe the cashier in the store can just enter the promo code once they see your Beauty status... I was in the store yesterday, and when I brought up the promo code for the cashier to scan, she said she’d already entered one. If you’re ordering online, I’d call when you’re ready to check out and they would apply the promo code for you.

BTW, I don’t think those who aren’t happy about the discount code only good for one online purchase were “complaining”, as long as they stated the reason why (most are valid, IMO), I see them as “constructive feedback”. 😊

RE: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

what's even the point of having rouge go first when things go in and out of stock the whole time.. I've experienced this last sale where I placed my big order then once time came for the Vib and beauty insider a lot of things were back in stock 🤔 the only difference now is we can't buy those out of stock products with the discount after we've made our big order... and where's that 2500 point 100$ exchange? Maybe they shouldn't have made it seem like you could do it whenever when it really goes out of stock like any other reward! Disappointing

My items are back in store for the 3rd I better be quick this time 😂 too bad I'm the type of person to analyze my cart until the last second

I noticed the exact same thing you did... interestingly they are not out of stock anymore right after the sale ends...

Yup swear last time things went in and out of stock the entire Rouge time, then back in stock for the other tiers, then just straight up out of stock, oh then the sale ends and everything's magically back in stock 12 hours later 🙂

Re: RE: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

Hi @Jaerae1,

I really appreciate your feedback regarding our Beauty Insider Appreciation Event and I'm sorry some of the items you'd like to purchase using your promo code are currently out of stock! I know this may be disappointing and I'll gladly forward this to the appropriate team so they can take this into reconsideration for future promotions. Additionally, thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding the Rouge Reward. To clarify, starting on August 28th, the $100 Rouge Reward will be available in the Rewards Bazaar every Tuesday and Thursday in limited quantities while supplies last. Please know that this is only the beginning for the new Beauty Insider and we suggest staying tuned for more updates!

Always,

Danee

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

It shouldn't be in the rewards it should be allowed anytime this is why ppl are being turned off by Sephora cause our points are pretty much useless everyone knows those rewards sell out in 10 mins

I wish it was like Ulta’s deal where you could redeem the points anytime. Pretty sure I’ll never see that reward no matter how many points I save. I just don’t have the time to stalk the Rewards Bazaar every Tues and Thurs waiting for a few offers to pop up

Oh my...it seems as the ‘one time use’ online code is backfiring. This is especially frustrating for the items that can only be bought online and are intermittently out of stock on the site.

@Bellebourjois Exactly! I made my online purchase the first day of the sale and several wishlist items were out of stock. It’s day three of the sale and now all the items I wanted are in stock. So much for “early bird gets the worm” 

Its ridiculous. On the first day I placed 10 items in my cart, planning on purchasing later on in the evening. Low and behold 6 of the 10 items were out of stock once I went to the checkout later that evening. Most of them are online only too. Past experiences taught me that items that sellout during a sale are rarely restocked before the sale ends so I just purchased what was available. Next day, suddenly all are back in stock. It’s so stupid. Now I’ve missed out and can’t use the promo again. 

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

The same thing happened with me!

I’m rouge. This came in the mail for me today. Actually, it came addressed to my husband. I never received a mailer. What gives?

Hi @mnda,

We don't send physical mailers to all of our clients as all of our promotions are sent via email. If you didn't receive an email regarding our Beauty Insider Appreciation Event, please send me a PM so I can refresh your email subscription settings. Thank you!

Always,
Danee

I have sephora added to my address book, consistently check all of my folders (spam, unwanted, etc etc), and the only time I get consistent emails is when I go to the site every few days, literally. I got no email regarding this, just stumbled upon it checking the site for something else. Why is that? I am subscribed to every possible mailing, email etc portion on my profile so I don't understand. I have missed out on some really great things too. 🙁

Hi @elle8131,

I'm sorry about this! I have refreshed your email subscription settings. Please continue to check back for emails and notifications from Sephora. You can also check out the Sephora App Inbox for notifications. Thank you!

Warm regards,
Laurie

Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

Although I'm appreciative of this event, it's pretty frustrating the online code is one-time use only. I'd definitely be spending a lot more money if it was multiple use like the regular sales.

I agree 100%!   This should not be a one time code use.  I'm not going to malls/stores this weekend and at home I'd buy more if the code worked more than once. Those things you put in your loves list and go "what the heck, I'll get them!" just before the sale ends.  Now, no impulse purchases for me. I much prefer online shopping so this is putting a dent in my shopping.  

Hi @LoriAnn52,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We value your feedback and will share it with the appropriate team for review. Thank you!

Best,

Penelope

Hi everyone! I’m new to the community boards and have only read a handful of your comments in this thread and have to say I’m literally just shaking my head back and forth thinking OMG. I love shopping at Sephora and love all beauty products and services hence being Rouge. I shop 100% online and have at least 10+ stores within an hour or so of my home. I was disappointed by the “one time use online” but I’m THANKFUL that there is a sale here out of the blue AND that I CAN shop ONLINE with super fast, FREE SHIPPING! I may not get to do a bazillion transactions but at least I will get to do one order! Otherwise, I’d have to go into a store (which I hate due to anxiety)! Believe me, I wish I could go in store because I could get FREE MAKEOVERS ALL THE TIME! (Btw, who else does that? Seriously, with only a $50 purchase you can get a full one-on-one makeover for everyone not just Rouge?!! Ulta sure doesn’t do that!) Guess my point is...what exactly is the big deal? You can shop this sale both online and in store. This literally covers anyone who shops at Sephora. I’m totally grateful for this sale and the new changes Sephora is doing with attempting more “benefits” and trying to offer more “perks” for our business. No company owes us anything, we chose where our own money goes. If you feel like the perks are not to your liking, or the sale limitations, then shop somewhere else and stop complaining. If you want your voice heard, say it nicely and with respect, it will be better received by any and all involved guaranteed! Ok, my two cents are in....

Oddly enough the complaints about the one time code use really translate to less sales for Sephora.  Most of the folks are saying they would have shopped more often if the code were available (items coming back in stock, payroll, etc).  I'm lucky- I live near about 3 stores and have a job that's so flexible, I even take clients to Sephora.  But I realize that not everyone is like that.  I'm guessing the multiple use in the store is to drive traffic to the store.  However, it seems that many of the power users are online. It would have made more sense to let Rouge use the code multiple times as a perk as us VIBs/BIs not.  

I think that Sephora does a wonderful job of an in-store experience- between made to order samples, makeovers, mini makeovers/facials and that hydra perk thing that I just signed up for on Thursday so I can blow my order in the store and get a free facial.  However, it does seem from the complaints that people wanted to spend more.  I'm sure a corporation will do anything possible to accommodate that going forward. 

1 Reply
testing