Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Apparently the unanswerable question: What is the specific meaning/definition of the “intensity” number of the Color IQ Skin Scan?

I have searched this site, and reddit, and google for the definition of “Intensity” from Sephora’s skin color IQ scan. One person thought that it meant saturation, and there are different descriptions as to how that applies to skin color. My scan = Light 1, Warm 1, Intensity 3. I think the “light 1” is depth of color, like my skin is the lightest light atm, but come winter could be Fair 3. I also think that “Warm 1” is my undertone, which is not much warmth & is close to neutral. I don’t know what to make of  “Intensity 3”. If that is a measurement for saturation, is it combined with hue? Where 1=very white, 2=white, and 3=white to olive? Please help. Thanks.

Re: Apparently the unanswerable question: What is the specific meaning/definition of the “intensi...

Hi @anjensan,

Thank you for your patience! Intensity or saturation is an attribute of any color, including skin tones. It describes the degree of pure color or gray, like adjusting a color picture to a black and white one. It looks like Intensity 3 would have the most saturation. 

Undertone is the underlying color from beneath the surface of the skin that affects the overall shade. There are 3 undertones: warm, cool, and neutral.

Re: Apparently the unanswerable question: What is the specific meaning/definition of the “intensi...

Hi @anjensan,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'm happy to reach out for more information on this and will let you know once I hear back.

Best regards,

Laurie 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing