Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Help.

You know how you see those girls and their skin and make up look flawless? I want that. Do you have suggestions as to what to use? I have really big pores and my face gets super oily. Like it melts my make up off. But I also do get dry skin sometimes. And I dont like primer that feels like siliconeish. And I want my make up to stay on lol. Like if I rub up against something I want it to stay on my face.  I have no idea what to use. Help.

RE: Help.

I hear you girl! I’m also not a fan at all of silicone-feels for primer. Id like to emphasize the need for hydrating products to you and bookending you’re makeup to keep it in place. Use an oil controlling serum (like a niaminacide serum) before your moisturizer. Let your moisturizer sink into your skin before jumping into your makeup. Then primer with Milk Makeup Grip Primer all over and then apply your foundation with a nice clean brush or sponge (which ever your prefer) then If you have big pores in only one area, I’d recommend using pores no more by benefit as like a spot treatment in those areas only. If you really want extra coverage an staying power over the areas of your pores I like using a touch of cover fx setting powder over the pores no more (doesn’t not make my usual dry patches, patchy) And giving it time to set a minute. NARS radiant concealer is beautiful and covers and brightens if you want a concealer also. I like to use benefits shy beam in enlongating angles on areas where I’d highlight. as if the highlighter I use on top of that is casting a brightened shadow. If you want an even brighter and glowy look, use Josie Maran illuminator, Becca Backlight primer, or Algenist illuminator under or over your foundation and Beccas highlighter. I like to set all of this with Cover FX Illuminating Spray and it will for sure stay all day. I liberally spray my face all day with Caudalie Elixr also to keep it dewy and fresh

Re: RE: Help.

Thank you very much for the detailed help. I really appreciate it alot. I'll update how it goes.

RE: Help.

Have you tried the primed and poreless primer by benefit cosmetics? It also really depends on your makeup base (skincare) and how it’s all mixing up with your primer and foundation!

Re: RE: Help.

I havent tried it.

I'm willing to literally switch my whole skin care regimen and everything. I was using a line from my dermatologist but I am not really liking it and for the whole line it's like 215$ which is too expensive. So I'm really looking for suggestions for absolutely everything lol.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing