Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

HELP

Anyone please help I am in desperate need to find a skin care routine right for me but i don't know where to start or buy.I'm 35 with combination of oily and dry skin. A little bit of dark spots. I'm ready to wake my skin up and healthy results. Thanks in advance 

Re: HELP

I was also a skincare beginner and found that The Ordinary was a great brand to start my journey with skincare. I have enjoyed The Skinmalist set from The Ordinary and have recently added the Topicals Mini Faded Serum for Dark Spots & Discoloration 0.5 / 15 into my routine for spots. Hope this helps!

Re: HELP

@SpanishBarbie28  Well, you're certainly in good company here! We love our skincare products. 😊

You've asked kind of a broad question, so my suggestion is to start with a kit from one of the more economical brands. Not all products suit all skin, so this is to get you started.

The Ordinary The Bright Setis four products specifically intended for brightening combo skin. You could also add in The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA Hyperpigmentation Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL which is specifically intended for dark spots.

A good skincare routine should include sun protection, especially if you're using chemicals to brighten your skin. If you're using the products above, you will definitely require sun protection. Personally I really like Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ .

As an alternative to The Ordinary, you could try the Murad Brighten Trial Kit which includes SPF and a dark spot corrector. The SPF does double duty as a moisturizer, so it's a complete (basic) set. This is a higher end line, so replacements will be quite a bit more expensive, but I find the Murad products to be very effective. And the packaging is prettier, in my opinion!

Hope this helps. Good luck!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing