Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Skincare!!

Hey guys! I am really new to skincare and just wondering if any of you guys had any Recommendations. If you guys do please let me know. Also, I am in a budget so maybe $15 of below. Thank you!

Tags:

Re: Skincare!!

Hey @makeupschool and welcome to the world of skincare! I find it’s best to start with this info about yourself: 

1. What’s your skin type/behavior? Does your skin feel quite dry everywhere? Or quite oily everywhere? Or do you have oily skin on part(s) of your face and dry skin everywhere else? Or, is your skin not too dry or oily anywhere (balanced)? 
  2. Do you have any skin issues you want to address, or goals you want to meet? What do you want skincare products to do for you? This will help you figure out what your skin actually needs. We don’t all have the same skin type/behavior, issues, or goals, so we don’t all need the same steps and products in our skincare routines. 
  3. Is your skin sensitive to any ingredient(s) you know of, or do you have a true allergy to anything? If yes, you’ll want to avoid those ingredients in skincare products. Example: my skin’s very sensitive to lavender, so I can’t use any product on my face that contains any form of that ingredient. 

Normally I’d include the budget/price cap question, but you already answered that one. 🙂 

An effective skincare routine can be as simple as a non-drying cleanser (PM, optional AM), a good moisturizer (PM & AM), and a broad spectrum sunscreen (AM). Anything you add to that routine will depend on your answers to those questions above. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing