Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Cheek Challenge Fall 2024: Fall Flushing Forward

HELLLLLOOOO HELLO 👋🏽 my Cheeky Coquettes!  It's the Awesome Autumn Advent of the cheek challenge.  We're again, choosing our own adventure.  I'm calling this one ..Fall Flushing Forward!

This is where I encourage you to lean into your blush blindness by using a product you thought you could never use or can't figure out.  But, fear not we're still mixing it up mediums and technique wise, but with the seasonal spin.

danielledanielle_0-1694893276848.gif

"But danielledanielle I want inspo and not just options"

I got you, I goottttt youuuuu.

I have kept the suggestions and descriptions below, and added a few updates!   BUT, I still encourage everyone to choose what they like, you don't even have to go in order. Want to be bronzy STILL? Be about the bronze ‌🥉‌ ‌😎‌ and apply it in any and every method.  Want to stick to your tried and true, check out vibrant...... Or, wanna take something that didn't wow you?  Check out the prompt Tried and Through take 2.

I woke up (blonzed)** like this aka Blush and Bronzer  (Sephora 22-28; Fall Equinox is 22nd)

Spoiler
Yet, another  old/new thing IMO. Placement of blush matters. The idea is to get that snatched face - it still looks like you've been in the sun but less - you're applying product to apples of cheeks, temples and nose bridge like before, however use bronzer or a blush that warms you up.  Again, for myself, I go upward and towards my eyes to avoid looking heavy and out of preference skip the nose bridge unless I'm using an actual matte bronzer. I love NARS Laguna Talc-Free Bronzer Powder , the predecessor with Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick Dune for this

BOYFRIEND BLUSH
Tomboy Blush (Sep 29-Oct 5th)

Spoiler

Shout out to Patrick  Ta's first NYFW, where he penned this.  I think this is another tik tok thing that is only a thing on tik tok 🤷🏽‍♀️, but it's on par with current gen z styles: glowy skin, little to no eyes makeup and a simple lip.  Much like boyfriend blush, but the idea is to achieve a healthy flush, so the blush is the main focus once your complexion is applied.  Patrick uses the creme over powder method for that extra dewy look.  So of course, PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo highly recommended.  A lash curler also makes an appearance as well as his PATRICK TA Major Glow Balm , but I am going to sub in Ami Colé Light-Catching Highlighter Balm Glaze or PAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish Highlighter & Balm Duo for that

Tools suggested: PATRICK TA Dual Ended Blush Brush , PATRICK TA Precision Dual Ended Sculpting Brush , Beautyblender ORIGINAL Beautyblender Makeup Sponge Original 

Glazed Cheeks AKA Blushlights (Oct 6-12th)

Spoiler
This is mixing a liquid blush and liquid highlight for dewy glow. If you have a pearlescent product, your essentially creating a blushlight. Rare Beauty's liquid blush, highlighter and blush brush are PERFECT for this.

Vibrant or Tried and Through, Take 2- one and done (October 13-19th)

Spoiler
With the onslaught of dewy blushes, ‌‌🙌🏽‌‌‌‌🙌🏽‌‌, a bold color is both a statement on its own and evokes feelings of summer. Use fingers to tap, or go in with a brush of choice. Half Magic's Baby Paw Blush blush or something similar (angled, dense not not tightly packed) recommended.

OR, that blush not  blushing right with you?  Try using that blush in a new way.  Powder lipstick ? Color corrector? Eyeshadow/eyeliner?  Make the unworkable werkkkkkkk

(If using on the eye, make sure it's eye safe)

Fenty's Powder blushes didn't do it for me initially, but some setting it for glazed cheek applications and as eyeshadow for a 90s vibe, YESSSSS

Fall Foliage Face AKA Sunset Blush for the season (Oct 20-26th)

Spoiler
This is what I call layering blush and highlight, or what Wayne Goss called the cloud burst look. What's old is new again 🤷🏽‍‌♀️‌. Using colors of sunset ( this time go for orange, brown, red and gold) create an ombre effect that mimics t the e change of seasons (in applicable areas). You want the highlighter as the outmost color and your horizon as the deep/pop color. I think fan brushes are super helpful here, they can layer the highlight and help with the blends.  This is a rework of previous year's Fierce Foliage.

Blontour**, the cooler the better (Oct 27-Nov 3rd)

Spoiler
This is inspo from Dior with their Fall makeover refresh class in August.  They used DIOR Rosy Glow Blush 020 Mahogany  for this look, but any blush that you can build up can do, but I would stick with a cool one.  NARS Talc-Free Powder Blush Dolce Vita – 888  works well for me for this, but I would say stick with matte vs shimmer.  The blush placement is definitely dependent on your face shape, I suggest tilting your head to see where your shadows fall and use a small blush to help shape your face until you feel snatched.  Posted/posting a walkthrough with screenshots from Dior in 🏫🎓BIC University 🎓🏫 

**Side quest:

Spoiler
for both blonzer and blontour.. Use the blush or bronzer for a contoured eye look, too.  It's one and done, "but make it blush"

Hottie Toddies! November 4-10th

Spoiler
This is my fave from last year's challenge,   Warm me up with a smoky look, brown\based blushes, smoky eyes and monochrome welcomed!  Add some shimmer for the upcoming holidays.

Methods:
"Diffuse the doozy" aka blend with color
Instead of a blush brush, use a tapered brush with a highlighter or a lighter color blush to blend out the stronger/pigmented one. If using liquid products, see Glazed Cheeks.  The idea is to system harsh edges with a lighter blush.

Update - Diffuse the Doozy when color on color

Spoiler
1000008505.jpg

Use two blushes with the lighter blush placed closer to your nose and the deeper towards your ear.  Use your complexion tool (sponge or brush) WITH your leftover complexion product to marry/blend the lighter blush and bring it in further without too much color or harshness, IMO

1000008435.jpg

It's a lighter diffused look than boyfriend blush, but it mimics that flushed look

Brush Army

Use multiple brushes in your application. Think powder, fans, tapered, stippling. Go beyond your favorite blush brush or use this as rationale to get new brushes, just sayin'

Bounce, bounce bounce

You guessed...it sponges. Do you go for the beloved #Beautyblender ORIGINAL Beautyblender Makeup Sponge Original #Beautyblender ORIGINAL Beautyblender Makeup Sponge Original #or something else? Bounce to it

All Hands on Deck
Fingers are nature's brushes, and nothing blends better than the warmth of your hand.

Side Quest:
Apply blush to the back of your hand, then press or "stamp" to your face and blend out with your fingers.     I haven't tried it yet, but saw a comment on Reddit about this.  I usually tap out blush with my two fingers (index and middle), but this seems interesting ‌🤔

Pressed, but never stressed
This is inspo @furbie when she asked what a powder puff was for. I think I said for powders, but I never considered using it for other powders (blush, highlighter) until then. This takes something baked like #Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Demi'Glow Light-Diffusing Highlighter #Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Demi'Glow Light-Diffusing Highlighter # to next level space shine ‌🌟‌‌🌌🌟

Double Dip with optional swirl

This is @sister13 's technique where she so kindly let me name it with this level of ridiculousness I like to do.  This works really well with bold, complimentry colors (color theory y'all), the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter duos are great for this as well as the highlights.  The optional "swirl" sister used can involve tapping both colors in a flipping the blush, or a general swipe while blending, which can make bold colors and little more uniform
She used SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #50  for the Killawatt, namely mimosa sunrise

Photo cred STABILO, GIPHYPhoto cred STABILO, GIPHY

Re: Cheek Challenge Fall 2023: Awesome Autumn

No worries ☺️ @sister13 

Fiercely Foilage (attempt)

1000005139.jpg

1000005141.jpg

I used Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Highlighter Wand Pinkgasm with the eyeshadow shade vision vision on top from the Natasha Denona My Dream Eyeshadow Palette . It is hard to capture on camera. It definitely gave a colour changing effect.

@lmaster @CorgiMommy Thank you kindly! 😊

Stunning look @Mellmars1185 

@Mellmars1185 love it, you look radiant 

So beautiful! I love it! @Mellmars1185 

@sister13 Thank you 🙏🙏🙏! I am happy to have an opportunity to use more of my stash.

I can actually see a touch of pink with the berryness of the blush @Mellmars1185 , brava 🙌🏼

@danielledanielle Thank you so much! This was really fun and actually a chance for me to finally use my ND palette.

@Mellmars1185  very pretty look! Your cheeks really glow, and your lip color goes so well with your top, too! 💜

@caitbird Thank you! Ahh yes - I didn't realize I matched the lip to my shirt. Maybe that is why I chose that shade💄😊

You look so pretty, @Mellmars1185 ! 😍  I like this combo and your lipstick is lovely too.

@Titian06 Thank you! I forgot to tag the lippie. It is Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Tinted Lip Oil Stain Delight 

@danielledanielle  ooh, I love this idea! I have too many blushes and highlighters 😅 and I could use some ideas to be more creative with my makeup looks and step out of my comfort zone a bit. I have a silly question: if we participate, do we have to do every week? I don't think I have any brown based blushes 🤔

@caitbird - @danielledanielle is correct, you cannot have too many blushes!  I wear my bronzers as blushes.  They make great brown/earth-toned blushes.  It's also a great way to use those bronzers that don't work as bronzers. 😁

@Titian06  I don't actually have any bronzers either 😅 I never wear bronzer. Maybe it's time to get one and experiment a little...🤔

There's no such thing as too many blushes or highlighters @caitbird IMO

You can participate as much or as little as you like.  For the hotty toddy week, bronzer can work as blush, but you could use any blush, the idea is warm & smoky looks.

@danielledanielle  awesome, thank you! Time to brainstorm some looks for this challenge 😊

Thanks for keeping this challenge going, @danielledanielle !  I have a lot of blushes and this is a fun way to use them.  Great themes! 😘

Looking forward to these new cheeky challenges!! @danielledanielle 

Conversation Stats
Photos52
  • danielledanielle_0-1694893276848.gif
  • Photo cred STABILO, GIPHY
  • 1000005139.jpg
  • 1000005141.jpg
  • 20230920_120212_capture-01.jpeg
  • 20230920_120801-01.jpeg
  • PXL_20230924_021611420.PORTRAIT.jpg
  • IMG_20230926_130221506.jpg