Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

YSL Love / Updates

Seeing threads for lots of other lovely brands, with my love for YSL growing, I found it only fitting to start a YSL Love / Updates thread (if I missed an existing one, please let me know)!

Please feel free to share any updates about the brand, reviews, YSL looks,  or general love you feel like sharing 🙂

Dangerous Seduction Couture Palette - Neiman Marcus Exclusive

NMC240Y_mz.jpg

Mon Paris - Nordstrom Exclusive

_13090600.jpg

New Vinyl Lip Creme14052360_536238183232026_500020802_n.jpg

Rouge Pur Couture Lipsticks - new releases to match Vinyl Creme

14027163_1611210672505711_832199408_n.jpg

HOLIDAY 2016 PREVIEW

original (10).jpg

Re: YSL Love / Updates

I don't need gold lashes but I NEED GOLD LASHES

@malday, I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY needs gold lashes 😄

Your comment brought me into this thread because WHAT. YES.

I'm actually kinda loving these! I'm thinking of trying the gold, purple and the black sparkle!

@sabrinas I didn't realize that it was gold at first - I thought it was yellow (on my phone)! I'm also a purple fan, so I'm interested in that one. The Hazel also looks really pretty. They have a video on the product page, and in the video it almost looks like the shimmer has a slight iridescence 😮

That Hazel looks like a "must have" 🙂

New Le Cushion Encre de Peau 😮

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

New line of foundations and cushion powder.

Unfortunately, I don't know if/when it will make it Stateside. Currently available in their French and Japanese e-shop, anticipated European launch of September 2016.

Funny, on the first IG pic - it says how to tell your tone: "Check the veins on your inner arm. If they're blue, you are a pink tone. If they're greenish, you are a yellow tone. And if it's a bit of both, you are neutral."

Also being launched in the fall of this year for North America. (I work for YSL).

Thanks @mariharris!

And lucky you :P.

You may want to tell them though that the new mascaras don't seem to match what they are advertising :/.

For anyone still looking for YSL savage escape summer 2016 palette, it is available at Lord & Taylor.

Anonymous Insider

The YSL Glossy Stains are my fave.  Even dragged my hubs into the store before Christmas and pointed them out to him.  He bought me perfume instead.  LOL

Anyway, I'm eager to try out the Oil-in-Sticks at the store this Thursday!!!

The new shades of the YSL Tint-in-Oil are finally up on Sephora!  I'm really interested in trying #15, Red My Lips.

... And, as @taylorrness said below, the Oil-in-Sticks are up too.  The colors are way off though - might be better to check out a different site or YSL direct if you're trying to pick colors (smoking plum looks pink online - but you can see it swatches a plum/wine below). 

http://www.sephora.com/rouge-volupte-shine-oil-in-stick-lipstick-P377710?skuId=1811520&icid2=search_...

http://www.sephora.com/volupte-tint-in-oil-P391753

Me too! I have it in my cart for the sale 🙂

Has anyone tried their new correctors? Particularly the peach and green? I'm really loving my GA correctors, but alas I'm always on the search for something just a little better. *problems of a makeup addict...le sigh*

I've been using the green one for a few weeks. It does a good job! It's pretty opaque and leaves a bit of an ashy/green tint, so you can't wear it on its own like you can some other correctors, but I really have no other complaints.

agreed with TopazBeth! it really works well, but it definitely can't be worn alone. I really like it!

yay for this thread! YSL are my some of my favorite lipsticks of all time (probably my favorites based on how many I have)!!

Thanks for starting this thread - I have been eyeing a couple of YSL products myself and this would be the perfect place to get recommendations from 🙂

Personally, I have just 1 YSL product but I LOVE it. It's the YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain in Peach (207). It is a beautiful moisturising stain that makes my lips look very naturally juicy. It is extremely comfy to wear AND it lasts! I didn't expect it to since it was not a matte formula, but it does, and ends up leaving a beautiful stain on your lips when it fades. I have pretty dry lips and find it hard to wear a lot of lip products without having to constantly reapply them for hydration - but this takes care of that. So, for an ultra comfortable, hydrating, sheer lip product that has good staying power - go for the YSl Water Glossy Stain!! 🙂 

Now for my question from you YSL lovers: I am considering getting the YSL Volupte Sheer Candy or the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick (their names are such a mouthful!). I am essentially looking for a sheer moisturizing lip product since I get most wear out of those. However, I do want at least some staying power. Of course, I would re-apply during the day but some products require reapplying almost every hour which is a bit much. Which would you recommend?? 

I also love the YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-in-Stick, which came out about a month ago.  It's like the perfect cross between the Sheer Candy and Tint-in-Oil.  It still hasn't come to Sephora yet, but it is available at Nordstrom, Lord and Taylor, and Bloomingdales.  

If you're interested in swatches, let me know. 🙂RVS_prodB.jpg

these actually have come to Sephora, but for some unexplainable reason they lumped them in with the Shine range. sigh, Sephora.

2 Replies
testing