Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

My latest WG purchases: the Radiance Boosting Face Palette in Deep Copper, High Shine Gloss in Chrysanthemum (a shimmering golden bronze) and Hibiscus (a shimmering cool rose), and Luxury Cream Lipstick in Lily.

I'm a big fan of Wayne's high shine glosses (antique rose my favourite shade) and his lipsticks, which have mostly been the deeper shades except for Lily, which is a perfect neutral for me.  The Radiance Boosting Face Palette has the perfect contouring shade for me due to the red-grey hue, and a complementary bronzer shade. A beautiful compact for someone who doesn't tan. 🤣

PXL_20210404_193830530~2.jpg

Deep Copper Radiance Boosting Face Palette, Lily Luxury Cream Lipstick, Chrysanthemum and Hibiscus High Shine GlossesDeep Copper Radiance Boosting Face Palette, Lily Luxury Cream Lipstick, Chrysanthemum and Hibiscus High Shine Glosses

@TraceyEB  Thanks for the swatches!  Beautylish has the lip products on sale and I have a credit, so I was looking at Lily and Hibiscus.

@Ispend2much6, great choices (and nice to have a credit)! I'm picking up Cherry Blossom and Tulip glosses from the sale.

@TraceyEB  Thanks!  I totally switched gears and ordered the Hourglass Vanish pink highlighter and the Viseart Golden Hour palette since they were also on sale!  So glad I waited to use my credit.

@TraceyEB Those lip glosses look amazing!

@greeneyedgirl107, I love these lip glosses and I rarely buy lipglosses. My favourites are the ones with shimmer - they're so elegant.

@TraceyEB Are the lip glosses sheer or opaque...or somewhere in between?

Beautiful haul and swatches, @TraceyEB! ♥️ I’m a big fan of WG glosses as well; they’re comfortable to wear and work beautifully on their own or over a lipstick. 😍 The two shades of Deep Copper are very pretty.

@itsfi, thank you! Your description of the glosses is spot on! Did you pick up one of the Radiance Boosting face palettes?

@TraceyEB, I did pick up a WG palette - I ended up going with the middle one, Satin Bronze, after going back and forth for the longest time between that one and the lightest shade. I'll try to posts swatches here over the holiday weekend. The tones to the shades are very nice. 

@itsfi, I'd love to see the shades when you have time to post them. Glad the Satin Bronze palette worked out!!

Absolutely @TraceyEB 😃 I’ll be sure to tag you when I post swatches here. 

Wayne's lip products will be part of Beautylish's upcoming sale Friday, May 28 - Monday, May 31. Swatches of the lip liners, lip glosses, and lipsticks courtesy of the BeautyLookBook are below for reference.

Screenshot_20210524-222403.png

Screenshot (295).png

Screenshot (293).png

@TraceyEB I want so many of the shades of lipstick and lip glosses.  Do you have any insight into the sheerness or the longevity of the wear?

@greeneyedgirl107, I chose mostly darker shades (Zinnia, Carnation, Orchid, and Lily) - they all provide opaque coverage with two passes. The formulation is creamy, with normal wear time though they do come off when you eat. I don't know if the lighter shades are more sheer.

@TraceyEB Thanks for the insight! 🙂

Wayne has posted a video introducing his Goss Edit collection - brushes designed to address common challenges people have applying their makeup. Unique shapes, especially the smaller brushes.

Update 5/24: Per Sonia G., brush handles are hard maple wood, bristles are saikoho goat except for the brush 7, which is a mix of saikoho goat and synthetic PBT bristles. 

Launch is now Wednesday, May 26 at 10 a.m. PST; price: $225. The set is loaded onto Beautylish's website.

Img_2021_05_21_13_12_04.jpeg

Screenshot_20210521-120854.png

Img_2021_05_21_21_41_32.jpeg

@TraceyEB  After watching Wayne's video, studying photos of these brushes, and comparing them to all the existing brushes in my collection, there's only one must-have for me. So: 

If anyone buys this set for a specific brush or two and doesn't want number 4, please tag or message me! Or hey, tag me in the Trade Thread 2021 . 🙂 

I wonder if any of these will appear as individually sold brushes later this year, perhaps with standard handles. Hmm. 

@WinglessOne, fingers crossed the 04 brush comes your way sooner than later! I'm curious to compare the 04 brush to the Small Artist Brush.

@TraceyEB  I'm also curious about that. I don't have any of the Artist brushes, but I've considered buying the Small a few times. Those brushes are grey squirrel, so they'd feel better on my skin than these newer saikoho goat brushes. But the goat brush can probably handle cream and liquid products. It'll be interesting to see some comparisons of these new Edit Collection brushes to the 3 Artist brushes. 

@WinglessOne, here's what Sonia G. wrote comparing the Small Artist Brush to the Edit 04.

Screenshot (297).png

Conversation Stats
Photos248
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg
  • Image1644479206339003910.jpg
  • Image4034210199682491396.jpg