Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Trader Joe’s Thread

I know we have threads dedicated to specific beauty brands but I didn’t really see one dedicated or updated for all things Trader Joe’s. It could be beauty, skincare, haircare, household or grocery items. Post your finds here so others could be on a lookout of what to find or is newly released at their local store. It could also be something you think people should try. Their beauty section is so underrated and most people don’t even know they have a beauty aisle.  Their candles and seasonal items are amazing and they always have unique snacks. 

3B345CA4-232B-421D-A43C-C773C60F9485.jpeg

Re: The Trader Joe’s Thread

@eshoe What a great haul! I want to try the toner! 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT @eshoe The toner smells so good and it’s great if you put it in the fridge especially during summer and spray it on the face. 

Ooh great suggestion @SportyGirly125! Do you use it in lieu of mist/toner combo? I did last night and was surprised by how hydrated my skin felt after removing my wash-off mask & before using a sheet mask. If I can eliminate one step for when I’m in a hurry (or very tired), that’s a bonus.

@eshoe I have only used it if my skin feels dry or needs to be refreshed throughout the day 

Thanks @RebeccaBT, I’m looking forward to trying it, looks promising 🤞🏼

@eshoe @RebeccaBT  I love the smell of that toner! My aunt was the one who told me about it, and she said that her husband stole it from her because he liked the scent so much 😂

RE: The Trader Joe’s Thread

Listen, Trader Joe’s skincare is so good, I’m not sure why it’s not talked about because there is literally one everywhere. It’s quality and not over priced. Their rose facial oil is my favorite, I think they discontinued it though.

I used to shop here a lot, but haven't in a while since I can go in just looking for 1 or 2 things, then end up spending all my money, hahaha. 😞  but I went in there last month (and of course, spent most of my money, haha), and couldn't find some of my old favorites.  does anyone know if they still make the tofu veggie nuggets (green bag, not sure exactly what they were called, in the frozen section)? I loved them cuz they were kinda soft, not tough and chewy like other faux meaty products, and reminded me of egg foo yung, which I loved as a kid.  and the roasted eggplant spread, it was just like amy's roasted vegetable pizza sauce.

@treestar86  That’s the only bad thing about TJ’s: falling in love with a product that gets discontinued. 😞 Sometimes they rotate products back in, or at least they used to. I remember those nuggets! I haven’t seen them in a long time, though. But at least you can still get the eggplant spread! 

@WinglessOne  that, and all the money you end up spending there, haha... 😄  I guess it's good when you stop shopping there, so you don't realize all the stuff you're missing.  Idk why they would discontinue something so popular, among vegans/vegetarians anyway (which there are even more of now).  They'd probably be pretty easy to make, but I'm too lazy to cook these days.  I did find a tofu burger from natural grocers that's my new fave, and has a similar texture, so I guess that'll have to do, lol.  Yes I'll have to look for the eggplant spread when I'm able to go there again, haha. 😉

@treestar86 I recently picked up the eggplant sauce! Those nuggets sound great! 

Best,
Rebecca

ooh, yay, thanks @danielledanielle & @RebeccaBT !! yes they were (I loved them w/mustard, as with everything else haha).  if I find them I'll let you know! 🙂

found a pic.  so I was close, haha.

ten.png

and I think they're gone, bc there was a whole movement and petition about it.  so sad, a beloved relic from my vegan days. 😞  well, I guess the search for a recipe for them begins, haha.

@treestar86 Those look so yummy! I hate it when they get rid of yummy stuff!

Best,

Rebecca

It is indeed tragic. 😞  just like when they discontinue all my favorite products, haha..

I can only vouch for the jarred eggplant sauce.. They still make that one and the roasted red pepper one 😋

I got these today, the candle smells so good!❤️🍋

80FA8300-34A8-4677-B143-1E1FA4F56C73.jpeg

@faeriegirl Those wipes sound amazing! 

Best,
Rebecca

@faeriegirl I got the wipes last week but my purchase today is the same as youC65318E7-56DB-4F86-B6A8-CD411E4C47D6.jpeg

I didn’t see the facial scrub @SportyGirly125, will you let me know how you like it.

@faeriegirl @SportyGirly125 was so kind to gift me a trader Joe's Advent calendar for Christmas,,, so thoughtful!! 😘 The facial scrub is awesome and very gentle compared to others I've used

@faeriegirl the facial scrub isn’t a new item but the eye cream, wipes and the microdermabrasion scrub is. I got the Blueberry scrub for someone on BIC 😉 @lmaster can also let you know how awesome it is.  It smells so good and is really gentle on my sensitive skin.  I like using it at least once a week. 

Conversation Stats
Photos275
  • 3B345CA4-232B-421D-A43C-C773C60F9485.jpeg
  • AD8148DD-72DE-455C-808E-1AA7726AF826.jpeg
  • 5528F782-7C89-494A-840B-C1F448668F13.jpeg
  • 162EAB03-9B62-43C0-8FE3-B9A0544DB3A1.jpeg
  • 7F4E44EC-40FA-4DCB-AC96-2852B8C84F9E.jpeg
  • D5E6C891-1D01-4E1F-91F8-15A179ABAEDD.jpeg
  • 68564AAD-AAB0-4B01-ACA7-00E64DB7970E.jpeg
  • BB9B917B-564A-4185-98BE-7431524E580F.jpeg
  • F2F21143-28A4-4400-B2E1-AE5A2F997D2D.jpeg
  • IMG_2172.JPG