Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Trader Joe’s Thread

I know we have threads dedicated to specific beauty brands but I didn’t really see one dedicated or updated for all things Trader Joe’s. It could be beauty, skincare, haircare, household or grocery items. Post your finds here so others could be on a lookout of what to find or is newly released at their local store. It could also be something you think people should try. Their beauty section is so underrated and most people don’t even know they have a beauty aisle.  Their candles and seasonal items are amazing and they always have unique snacks. 

3B345CA4-232B-421D-A43C-C773C60F9485.jpeg

Re: The Trader Joe’s Thread

An easy idea using the Cowboy Caviar (comes in a jar.)

Layer chopped zucchini, black beans, boneless skinless chicken tenders, and a jar of the Cowboy Caviar in a baking dish.  Cover and bake at 350 until done.

It's really tasty.

Uncooked.Uncooked.

Anyone able to get the new mini canvas tote bags?  I tried I back in April and then yesterday and today called around and they are so hard to get where I live. 

@SportyGirly125 I'm hoping to run to a Trader Joes next week, I'll have to keep an eye out for all the goodies you show!

Pumpkin season is here 🎃

IMG_2132.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 > tried the pumpkin body scrub today, the jury is still out on that I think about it.

Ours didn't have many pumpkin/fall items yet, but, if you are a baker, run, run, RUN to get these vanilla beans!  They are sort of plump, soft, and have so much vanillin (the vanilla flavor inside) that they are leaking into the packages.) Only $3 for each pack of 2- an incredible deal.

And, chocolate.
beans.jpgchoc.jpg

@Ispend2much6 I'm not sure if it's intensified by my mid afternoon love of snacks but that chocolate bar looks amazing!

@missjeanie  It is!  Especially when you break off a square that has salt in it; it's not evenly dispersed. 🙂

Pretty sure it's Callebaut Belgian chocolate, and it's so fresh!  The only thing that beats this is when they have their 2 lb+ pretzel toffee bar.  Hope that returns this year.

@Ispend2much6 I used to work in desserts and used a LOT of Callebaut over the years!  I love their chocolate!  Now I'm really going to need to stock up as I don't often see it for resale where I am now!

@missjeanie   I'm kind of surprised, as your area gets more European brands than we do, of certain things.  You should know then that TJ's chocolate baking chunks (aka square chocolate chips) are also Callebaut, as are their 2.5 lb milk and semi-sweet baking bars.  You need a chocolate chipper or sturdy knife to chop those, but the price is incredible!

The cornflake bar is only $3.99. USD

I just baked some brownies using another favorite brand, Cacao Noel.  It's cheaper than a lot of the other brands too (it's from France.)  I like their 72% and cocoa powder. Waaayyy cheaper than Valhrona.

These brownies are soo good, but only if I measure carefully and don't overbake them.  I keep forgetting they are DONE when they puff. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 When I lived in Calgary and worked in pastries, Callebaut was one of my favourites to order in for the shop.  I only bake for fun at home now, and live in a much smaller more remote city, I usually switch it up with whatever I happen order online, or Lindt that I can pick up more easily in person these days.  I marked down the Cacao Noel to try out next time I place an order!  

That said, what a great tip on the TJ's chocolate! I'll have to grab a few extra bars next time I'm there!   

IMG_1761.jpeg

It’s been some time since I’ve had chocolate covered gummy bears …

TJ gummy bears.jpeg

IMG_8582.jpeg

I won a $25 gift card from the weekly drawing for bringing my own bag!

@SportyGirly125 thanks!

@greeneyedgirl107 Congratulations!

It's been a while since I've been to Trader Joe's but I stopped by yesterday on my way home and picked up a few new items. 

6.2024 Trader Joe’s Finds.jpg

This was the last carton of strawberry cherries 🍓🍒 so I guess that means they're good?! The cashier shared with me that they had these in the employee break room and that they were delicious and I was going to love them. Then she comped them to me. That has never happened before.  

The mango vinaigrette dressing looked interesting. I'm thinking I may dress a spinach salad 🥗 with it later this week, debating whether to add grilled chicken. 

Gummy bacon & eggs - not exactly the breakfast of champions, but maybe a fun snack? They're not very sweet (a plus in my book). I prefer the eggs 🥚 over the bacon 🥓 here; could be that I hold bacon to a pretty high standard. 😂🤣😂

Edited to add: the gummies are shaped like bacon & eggs, not flavored so. 😮💨 

Tags:

@itsfi  Strawberry cherry 🍒 how are they? I’ve never seen those before!!! I wonder if it’s like the cotton candy grapes?? 🍇 omg those breakfast gummies are so cute!!! 🥰 mmmm mango vinaigrette yum! 😋 

@itsfi have you tried the cherries?  What do they taste like?

799 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos290
  • 3B345CA4-232B-421D-A43C-C773C60F9485.jpeg
  • AD8148DD-72DE-455C-808E-1AA7726AF826.jpeg
  • 5528F782-7C89-494A-840B-C1F448668F13.jpeg
  • 162EAB03-9B62-43C0-8FE3-B9A0544DB3A1.jpeg
  • 7F4E44EC-40FA-4DCB-AC96-2852B8C84F9E.jpeg
  • D5E6C891-1D01-4E1F-91F8-15A179ABAEDD.jpeg
  • 68564AAD-AAB0-4B01-ACA7-00E64DB7970E.jpeg
  • BB9B917B-564A-4185-98BE-7431524E580F.jpeg
  • F2F21143-28A4-4400-B2E1-AE5A2F997D2D.jpeg