Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: HOURGLASS THREAD

Maybe this will help a little better lol. Sorry the quality isn't great, just threw this together!

HGpalettecompare.png

@StephaniLynn here are the shades in the 2014 palette:

-Luminous Flush

-Incandescent Electra 

-Mood Exposure

The shades in the new palette:

-Incandescent Electra (repeat)

-Brilliant Nude

-Euphoric Fusion

http://www.sephora.com/strobe-lighting-blush-palette-P41124789?skuId=1845296&icid2=products%20grid:p...

Aww I'm so tempted by this, but I already own Incandescent Electra. 😞 

Rumormill is that there is a blush palette coming. It's supposed to be all new shades of blush mixed with strobe. Hoping it's true.

Hey Hourglass lovers! Just wanted to make sure everyone knows that ALL shades of the Ambient Lighting Powders can now be purchased in the Travel Size:

http://www.sephora.com/ambient-lighting-powder-P377723?skuId=1716414&icid2=hourglass_bestsellers_car...

Hopefully this helps out some of you who have been wanting to try the powders but didn't want to spend a lot before trying them 🙂

Any guesses? Something coming in Dec.

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 3.02.53 PM.png

Looks like the Nordstrom exclusive palette in the OP? Luminous Light palette... still hoping for a blush palette!

Hmm maybe a cream highlight palette or something...or a contour palette!

I wanted to help clear up confusion about what shade the new surreal light powder is. In my experience, it's a peachy flesh tone. It's nearly the same color as both mac nw10 and hourglass hyaluronic skin tint in vanilla.

IMG_6864.JPG

Shade comparison of Surreal Light to Mac NW10 foundation.

IMG_6865(1).JPG

Shade comparison to the vanish stick foundation in Alabaster.

IMG_6866(1).JPG

Shade comparison to the Hyaluronic Skin Tint in the shade Vanilla

I hope this helps out some of the other pale folks that weren't sure if the surreal ambient powder shade will work for them. In my opinion, it's the perfect flesh tone powder and melts into my skin perfectly. (That strobing powder in the palette is way too dark though, so ymmv.)

really didnt want to love this palette. But I got it... And I love it. Oh well. It's beautiful 😊

Helps!  The palette is prettier than I expected!  Thanks.

Anyone else finish a tube of the Vanish foundation and find that you could not twist it anymore to get to the last part of the product out? Considering how small the product is to the price point, I am frustrated that a good amount (maybe 10-15%) can't be accessed unless I dig it out. I can't help but wonder if my twister broke towards the end or if they really designed it that way. 

I can confirm this to be true. I have just finished my 2nd stick and the same thing occured - with the VERY minimal amount of product that is provided with this purchase, the last 10-15% is not accessible without having to dig it out. 

Here is a picFullSizeRender 19.jpg

@alissonnj - I don't own the foundation, but with the eyebrow pencil, theres a way to open up the tube to access another inch of product.  perhaps this can be done with the foundation too?

The weights listed for the products seem off.

For example:

0.14 oz/ 1.13 g Ambient Lighting Blush in Surreal Glow

Compared with a regular single Lighting Blush:

SIZE 0.15 oz/ 4.25 g

Are the ounces right - meaning they're nearly full sized pans - or are the grams right?

I have a feeling the volume for grams (1.13g) is listed correctly but of course, we need an official Sephora mod to clarify. Can a sephora mod please enlighten (hehe, enlighten, get it 😛 ) us as to the correct volume for this product? 

Looks like they updated it - the descriptions for the shades as well. 

And then to make it more confusing, the Hourglass website lists the total weight at .34 ounces.

This is what's listed on Sephora:

This palette contains: 
- 0.14 oz/ 1.13 g in Ambient Lighting Powder in Surreal Light (light golden bronze) 
- 0.14 oz/ 1.13 g in Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Surreal Bronze Light (light-medium golden bronze) 
- 2 x 0.14 oz/ 1.13 g Ambient Lighting Blush in Surreal Glow (medium-dark golden bronze),Ambient Lighting Blush in Surreal Effect (rose pink golden bronze) 
- 0.14 oz/ 1.13 g in Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Surreal Strobe Light (medium-warm bronze)

So I just did the weight converter thing, and 1.13 grams is equal to 0.0398 ounces, so if you're counting 5 pans at that weight, it's 0.199 ounces.

NOTHING MAKES SENSE.

(Though the Hourglass website listing of .34 oz sort of makes sense with the pricing, as it makes it roughly twice the amount of product in one blush, and the price is about twice as well.)

Just got mine today... I have to say, I was expecting them to be small but they are beyond tiny! The size of one of the individuals is like 1/3 of the original ambient lighting palette.

I'm pretty bummed. I'm almost finished the original ambient lighting palette and it finished quickly without heavy use. This feels like it would be like a few months worth of product. I've only swatched on my hand for now and I'm really hoping it will wow me when I put it on my face tomorrow. But even if it's amazing, the size is incredibly disappointing...

Thanks for sharing.. This was on my watch list but I think I will put a hard pass on knowing that its as small as I was hoping it wouldn't be!

951 Replies
testing