Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: The HOURGLASS Thread

Not in the US yet but on Selfridges. Golden Rose. Repeats I believe. 

Golden Rose EditGolden Rose EditIMG_1341.jpeg

@Sunnysmom  Sigh… If Hourglass is going back to frequent (and mostly) repeats in their palettes, then they might as well start selling AL powders/blushes/highlighters as single refills and give us magnetic palettes to fill. I realize their baked powders might be too fragile for that, but they should give it a go anyway. 

I mean sure, this quad’s nice for someone who doesn’t already have those 4 shades, and whose skin tone is light enough for them all. (I think Dim Infusion’s one of the blush shades that doesn’t play nice with my skin tone, even if there’s more blush than AL powder swirled in the pan.) Outside that scenario, this is just a cash grab. 

Isn’t that the truth @WinglessOne ! I wish they did magnetized palettes too. I’ve only hit pan on a few it seems like and I’d rather have singles that I can really use vs all these compacts. They did for shadows so maybe they could figure out a way tho they are more fragile obviously. Thankfully we can save the money on this! $77 seems very high for this or am I nutty. Everything in the cosmetic world just seems to be going up and up. Gross. 

@Sunnysmom  Yeah, companies (cosmetics and beyond) are still raising prices and partly blaming supply chain issues, which I don’t think anyone believes at this point. I didn’t even notice the price of that quad. $77?! Haha no. I see their 3-pan palettes are now $70 which is also too high a price. 🤦‍♀️ All the more reason to be happy about the palettes we already have, right? 🤣 I think I have 3 trios, 1 quad (the Ghost quad), and 4 other palettes. Between those and all my singles, I don’t need more AL powders/blushes unless HG releases new shades that aren’t basically dupes of existing ones. And even then, greedflation will stop me from ordering unless I can use Nordy Notes/Ulta points for $0 OOP. 

Exactly right @WinglessOne ! I don’t have enough faces to use them all up! 🤣 Let’s shop our stashes knowing we have great stuff. I like to use any notes or bucks on mine too. Soften the blow. But let’s hope no truly newness from them pops up for a good bit!! (Watch another one come at us asap…🥺lol) 

@Sunnysmom - All are repeats.  The blushes will depended on the swirl patterns.  They may look nothing like the version you already have.  Reference Charlotte Holdcroft's review.  The blushes don't look that much like each other, but it would have been nice if they were obviously different.

Yup that’s the truth @Titian06 ! They can all look so different! I’m passing on this anyway even if they weren’t repeats! 🙂 

That's so gorgeous @Sunnysmom 😍 I enjoy the look and feel of these little luxury palettes so much. 

The blushes look so similar thou. I would love to see a big shift in tones when they are in the same palette.  

Agree with you 💯 on this @CynthieLu ! 🥰

Hourglass Vanish Airbrush Pressed Powder Translucent Light 

Well friends, there is no rhymes or rhythms that this was dropped during the sale and but since I volunteered myself to the BIC science team 😂🤣 I got this in translucent (Hang my head in shame) @Titian06 @itsfi @Sunnysmom @danielledanielle . I will report back 

I was waiting on this, and ordered it in the same translucent shade. With the 20 percent off, it's almost not bad, pricewise (well, not really, but it makes me feel a tiny bit better. 🙂 )

Can’t wait to hear what you think too @Harobedb . Please HG makes it good 😊 

@blackkitty2014, I was surprised to see it drop, too. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it, chief BIC scientist!

@TraceyEB @danielledanielle @Titian06  @itsfi I have the feeling it is no different then the existing powder that in all HG palette but we’ll see

That's an excellent hypothesis to start with @blackkitty2014 - just one of the many reasons why you're an integral part of the BIC Science Team. 🔬 Now, for the testing. 👩‍🔬 Looking forward to hearing your findings. 

Thanks, @blackkitty2014 !  You're a champ! 💫

For science 🧪 🙌🏽 @blackkitty2014 !

lol, I wondered about that one @blackkitty2014. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Thanks for taking one for the team! 👊🏼 

Just a word to anyone interested in ordering an Hourglass Palette from Ulta.  I received my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Leopard Palette from Ulta yesterday, and it arrived in a bubble bag without any other protective padding added.  It somehow managed to arrive intact, but I certainly was worried until I got it open to inspect the inside.  By contrast, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Jellyfish Palette (with the Owl case) that I ordered from the Hourglass site came reassuringly wrapped in a bigger box and had extra padding surrounding it.

Good luck with your gorgeous Palettes!

Great to know @tsavorite , and I’m so glad yours arrived ok considering the bubble bag. Ugh. I’ve had some stuff arrive that way from them and I open them with trepidation that’s for sure! I understand them wanting to use them but more inner packing bubble wrap etc  is definitely needed! Did you mention to them by any chance? I did with mine. Most of all, enjoy your beautiful palettes! 🥰

960 Replies
testing