Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: The HOURGLASS Thread

@makeitup305  -- If you search google for Hourglass ambient lighting palette unlocked then click on images instead of view all you will see a photo of the palette that is from hourglass.com.  If you click on that it takes you to their page and it shows it is out-of-stock with a wait list.  I've signed up for the wait list but haven't received an email.  The packaging is the same as last year but further down in the thread someone posted a preview from UK where it will be sold at Selfridges and it is in the Ghost packaging.  Not sure if the wait list will lead to notification that particular palette is being re-released but I thought never hurts to give it a whirl. Clearly, I have no inside info and had stumbled across it when I was trying to find swatches for Ghost and the Ghost blush quad.  

@MCSSavvy I think the one I saw on a UK YTers video was in the Ghost packaging as well. I bought it last year so I'm not on the hunt for it but I know some people wish they could've gotten it and I can't blame them. I think it's the best and most well-rounded palette they've put out to date. Now, if they released one a few shades deeper as well, they'd definitely kill it.

Anonymous Insider

Hourglass announced on insta - Ghost will be available 9/17 on their website and 9/27 at all other retailers. ..

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2an_1xDyiS/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

Oh really interested in the scattered light trio! @Anonymous 

Hourglass_GhostCollection.PNGFrom Hourglass direct.  I want the palette, the quad and the trio 😉

That blush palette and trio are what I'm saving my $100 rouge note for. Can't wait!

Hourglass hasn't confirmed if the blush quad will be available at Sephora.

I finally got a response from Hourglass about whether they'll be offering the quad at Sephora. She said they will, but no mention of the date.

@dolceoktober  -  When I checked my insta feed today they had replied to an inquiry asking if it would be in Sephora Canada -  Hourglass said yes on 9/27 so I anticipate the entire collection will be released at Sephora US / Canada on 9/27.  

I have my fingers crossed!

I really want that blush quad ;-; Does anyone have an idea of it will still be in stock at sephora during the November sale? In 2017 the holiday palette sold out the same day, luckily I had found a store with a couple left. How fast did it sell out last year?

@Anonymous @Mcakes @dapt529 @seekingtruth @makeitup305 Thanks Hourglass for not letting me know when this collection became available, as promised.  However, savvy BIC-ers beat you to the punch.  I got both palettes (yes, the three new shades in each got me over the finish line for 2 not 1 - smart, Hourglass).  I vowed that this collection would be my big holiday purchase, and it's ordered.  A lip set found its way into my basket but I strongly hit the delete item option.  Thanks for the notice! to those on this threat!  I really wanted these.  I have finally gotten over the "bad value" reality of the Hourglass holiday palettes, recognizing that I rarely finish holiday palettes anyway and really use the type of products in these.  Thrilled.

@meganlisa if it makes you feel better, Beauty News on YT did a breakdown of the Ambient Unlocked palette and destroyed it and it weighed a lot more than it said it did so the value could be less terrible that we assume. But I agree with you, since I know I'm not going to use it up, I'm less concerned about how much product is in it.

@makeitup305 I've given up on "deals."  Now that I have more makeup than I could ever wear, I use sales for skincare and items I have long wanted (but couldn't justify without an "excuse").  These Hourglass palettes are lovely and I use them a lot.  So, the value is not longer as big an issue for me.  I got them, and I love them (especially the face palette.  I am loving Ghost).

Anonymous Insider

@meganlisa -- Glad you snatched both palettes. I'm about to do so myself.  I love the color story in each one.  I considered waiting until F&F but not sure how quickly this will sell out.  Last year unlocked sold out pretty quickly.  Enjoy your lipsticks too!

@Anonymous I missed unlocked because I kept not deciding.  Decided that this is my big purchase for the holiday and went for it.  Let me know if you do the same?  Tempting.  I didn't resist.

@meganlisa  -  Decisions, decisions!  I decided to go ahead and get both the quad and the 6 pan.  I'd love to grab the plum out of the scattered light trio but foil is a hard pass and I've almost bought but put back ray several times.  Someone asked on their insta if the plum shade would be released as a single but as of right now they say it is limited edition to the holiday trio.  Sigh.  I don't have any of the ambient lighting powders or bronzers yet (a few blushes, yes) so I'm excited about this purchase. I am traveling for work next month so I'm excited to grab them before my flight!  With the exception of restocking some skin care at F&F or in November, this is also my big holiday purchase.

@MCSSavvy Those scattered light eyeshadows I wear a lot.  But they last!  So for me to buy ones I already have to get a new shade is just silly.  I would have liked the new limited shade but let's get real, I don't "need" it.

I also got both palettes and am thrilled with them (I live close so they arrived).  The nice thing about the size is that we can travel with them.  

Totally happy that these are my big holiday purchase.  I also finally got the ND Sunset palette during the last 20% off sale and which I love. I am very happy with my current bathroom full of makeup and, like you, am mostly just replenishing skincare through year end.  

Glad to hear that you like these too!

Same @meganlisa ! Thank you BIC phew! lol. I got the 6 palette showing such restraint 🙄🤣Really want the quad but will try to hold out to see better swatches from you all. Is the brush that amazing and a must? I didn’t do it. Hope I won’t feel the regret too soon on it all and it’ll still be available to buy when in store. Ugg!! Excited to see them you guys! 

Anonymous Insider

@Sunnysmom  -- I don't have the brush yet but it's on my wish-list.  The brushes are nice, high quality and vegan.  At every sale the local stores sell out of the ones they carry in stock so I think there is something that must be said for that in regards to the brush quality.  

Hmm yes I wonder too @Anonymous . I’ve seen it and wondered. May have to pick up during next event, good idea! 

1 Reply
testing